• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Dont understand shrine of knowledge

DeletedUser

Image that unlocked how to get it -
sgoVlc5.png

This shows to me to get shrine of knowledge

one needs to buy all of the available options ie 11 individual rewards

Is this worth it?

DeletedUser2989

It's value is up to you. It's a small building that gives a ok amount of coin every 24 hours and it'll give you 1 FP if it gets motivated. So if your looking for more FP's it's valueable but if your looking for coins there are better options (example The King gives more coin per square).

Additionally you can "win" them from the Golden Chest (10% chance).

DeletedUser7719

Is this worth it?
The value of the Shrine of Knowledge is the sum of items that you don't want minus and eggs you win from the chests. (ex. if you like every item that you got except for the Palm Tree from the Bronze Chest and the Log Cabin, the value of the Shrine of Knowledge to you is 135 eggs.)

DeletedUser

do you really want a log cabin, wishing well, or champ retreat?

DeletedUser7719

Why not a Wishing Well? There's a chance at diamonds, and goods, medals, and FP save enough space for me. I mentioned Log Cabin, and I forgot about the Champion's Retreat (i was just putting an example) :p

DeletedUser6065

I cannot envision a situation where 1 forge point per day would be a game-changer. Considering other posts in response to this query, I believe it is not worth the effort/eggs to actively pursue. If you receive it as a prize from the 300 chest then O.K., otherwise, you end up with questionable worth in miscellaneous goods . . . . mk

DeletedUser

Why not a Wishing Well? There's a chance at diamonds, and goods, medals, and FP save enough space for me. I mentioned Log Cabin, and I forgot about the Champion's Retreat (i was just putting an example) :p

the medals are paltry and the goods and FPs are relatively rare (and still not very high). The diamonds are almost nonexistent. WW would be good for a side town maybe, but I have thought about getting rid of my 2 WWs almost since I got them this time last year

DeletedUser

I cannot envision a situation where 1 forge point per day would be a game-changer.

I view this a little different. The coin production isn't bad at all from the shrine, especially considering only 2x2. Combined with any coin boost you may have, plus a motivation, it's pretty decent. I get a little over 35k from mine. Then you factor in the FP it provides when you get that motivation, it's not a bad little booger.

When FPs cost you 150,000 coins to buy, every little FP counts...especially if you use them to pick up trades from the market, or you're trading GB FPs with another player.

That being said, I personally wouldn't have spent eggs on all the other items just to get the shrine. I spent all my eggs opening the 300 chest many times, and that's how I received my shrine.

TIP: Because of the fact that the shrine only produces a FP when motivated, it is obvious that getting the shrine motivated every 24 hours is important. I find that it is helpful if you locate your city center point and place the shrine in that area. To do this, log in to the world you want to place the shrine. Upon logging in, do not navigate around your city at all. Instead, place the shrine in the center most area of the screen you have in view immediately after logging in. This area that you see upon login is the same area other people will see immediately upon visiting your city. However, because of varying screen resolutions, you want to find the center most point so that the shrine is in view for everyone immediately without having to spend time navigating around looking for your shrine. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
WW are useful in greater numbers if it is Diamonds you are after like myself. I'm reckoning there is about a 1% drop rate on the 50 Diamonds.

I have 18 WW spread across 8 worlds purely to get Diamonds. Fel is my main world, and I just login to the other worlds to do quests and collect.

Based on 1%, I think I ought to be getting 1 x 50 Diamond drop a little over every 5.55 days.

Since 8th Feb - 74 days - I have received 13 x 50 Diamonds which works out at 1 drop every 5.69 days.

DeletedUser

TIP: Because of the fact that the shrine only produces a FP when motivated, it is obvious that getting the shrine motivated every 24 hours is important. I find that it is helpful if you locate your city center point and place the shrine in that area. To do this, log in to the world you want to place the shrine. Upon logging in, do not navigate around your city at all. Instead, place the shrine in the center most area of the screen you have in view immediately after logging in. This area that you see upon login is the same area other people will see immediately upon visiting your city. However, because of varying screen resolutions, you want to find the center most point so that the shrine is in view for everyone immediately without having to spend time navigating around looking for your shrine. ;-)

Some have done it this way, but it still can be difficult to locate the shrine because of another obvious problem - it has a dull brown color that matches everything around it. This plus its small size virtually camouflages it. I would suggest that you write, in your profile, a short description of where it is e.g. Motivate my shrine (near Alcatraz).

An alternative and more useful way would be for the developers to change the color of the shrine to something more obvious, like the whitish hue of the Spice Trader, or the reddish hue of the Tree of Love etc. After all, it's a shrine of knowledge!