• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Don't believe the Hype - It's a PvP Game Really

DeletedUser109379

I'm a casual player (very casual) so it took me a year or so to finally get around reading up on world ranking.
And what was my surprise!

I recall the game selling itself as being equally rewarding in PvP as it was supposed to be trading or simply farming. Well, it isn't.
Fighting is the most important aspect of generating ranking points. You can't compensate not fighting with other activities.

Just thought I'd give a realistic heads up here in case a dreamer like me thought this was a game for lovers.

Happy forging !

DeletedUser

I agree it could use some balancing for all sorts of players as for gaining personal ranking goes.
Also because GvG is not accessible for app players only.
This means if one cares for their ranking this is no fair game with equal opportunities.

That said I gave up to care.

DeletedUser116572

Fighting is the most important aspect of generating ranking points. You can't compensate not fighting with other activities.
i totally disagree with your assessment
i am in industrial age
i just did a fight in ge and got 129.6 ranking points from it
i could have donated/used 24 indy goods or 26 ca goods to get an equivalent result
or put 9 fps into one of my gbs
or better yet get someone else to put 9 fps into one of my gbs

my cape is going up a lvl a day right now and giving 40k ranking points each lvl
i would have to do 100s of pvp fights to gain that many ranking points

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
try buying Futur goods and deposit in guild treasury you'll see your ranking pts go up a lot lol

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
i totally disagree with your assessment
i am in industrial age
i just did a fight in ge and got 129.6 ranking points from it
i could have donated/used 24 indy goods or 26 ca goods to get an equivalent result
or put 9 fps into one of my gbs
or better yet get someone else to put 9 fps into one of my gbs

my cape is going up a lvl a day right now and giving 40k ranking points each lvl
i would have to do 100s of pvp fights to gain that many ranking points
The reason why the game is 'all about fighting' for ranking pts is because of how you so readily abuse the ever living gak out of GvG to simply farm infinite battle pts...

All you need to do is get yourself into a GvG guild who have some "helpful" alliances which revolve entirely around just farming battle pts on the 'All Ages' map.

DeletedUser116572

The reason why the game is 'all about fighting' for ranking pts is because of how you so readily abuse the ever living gak out of GvG to simply farm infinite battle pts...

All you need to do is get yourself into a GvG guild who have some "helpful" alliances which revolve entirely around just farming battle pts on the 'All Ages' map.
and to have the ability to farm points from gvg you need gbs that are at high lvl
to get high lvl gbs you need to invest large amounts of fps into them or have other do so for you
and once you have a high lvl arc then large donations of goods are being made every day

i doubt anyone in the top 100 of the rankings has anywhere near one half of their ranking points coming from battles

Snarko

Private
i doubt anyone in the top 100 of the rankings has anywhere near one half of their ranking points coming from battles
Wrong. Look up Tack13 on Fel Dranghyr. As Thomas correctly stated the problem isn't so much battles giving too many points. It's the ability to abuse GvG to do lots of battles. Each battle doesn't give much but when you're doing thousands?

That said very few people abuse GvG to the extent possible. For most high ranked players it's a reasonable mix of battles, goods and GB levels.

DeletedUser111359

Yeah, looks totally impossible to have a good ranking w/o battles...

upload_2019-3-23_23-19-2.png

Emberguard

Legend
You get ranking points for every good put into the guild treasury. Naturally a player that does everything will beat a player that only does 3/4's of the game.

So if the trading/farming is equally rewarding to PvP then what we'd see in ranking points is exactly that - those that do both PvP and trading/farming (without compromising one for the other) will have far more then those that only do trading/farming or only PvP. Because "equally rewarding" implies that both give the same or similar output.

Given those that do PvP need to be equally adept at farming in order to compete with each other it's no surprise the leaderboards have people with lots of fights at the top. If they weren't farming alongside fighting then they'd never be able to compete in GvG as you have to be able to replace the goods you're using

DeletedUser653

Actually join one of the real fighting guilds and you will do far more fighting each night than just the farming guilds

DeletedUser653

You get ranking points for every good put into the guild treasury. Naturally a player that does everything will beat a player that only does 3/4's of the game.

So if the trading/farming is equally rewarding to PvP then what we'd see in ranking points is exactly that - those that do both PvP and trading/farming (without compromising one for the other) will have far more then those that only do trading/farming or only PvP. Because "equally rewarding" implies that both give the same or similar output.

Given those that do PvP need to be equally adept at farming in order to compete with each other it's no surprise the leaderboards have people with lots of fights at the top. If they weren't farming alongside fighting then they'd never be able to compete in GvG as you have to be able to replace the goods you're using
Not quite true for the big guilds, we get all the goods we need from GB's normally plus a donation from the player who in turn is getting his goods from GB's or CF boosted quests

Emberguard

Legend
Big guilds normally require everyone to farm though. Whether it's through GBs or not it's still a form of farming. That's part of the purpose of the Arc