• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Donating 1FP to a GB bypasses the "Not in hood, guild or friendslist"

• Thread starter DeletedUser115071
  • Start date

DeletedUser115071

This is a bug that is from ages and still hasn't been fixed.
Once you are in a hood with a sniper or an a-hole you are deemed to get sniped or your GB to be pushed just because you were in the same hood as him(most likely) and bypasses the warning that he will get if he didn't donate and the hoods changed "You are not in the hood, friendslist or guild with this person".

You shouldn't be able to contribute Forge Points to a person that has no longer affiliation with you is my say... Yet it can be easily bypassed and ABUSED.

DeletedUser96901

it is not a bug it is a feature
:rolleyes:

as long as you are in a level you can continue to donate
no matter what happens to your relationship (neighbor, friend, guild)

Donating 1FP to a GB bypasses the "Not in hood, guild or friendslist"
it is not possible to donate 1 FP if you are not in hood, guild or friendslist :rolleyes:

DeletedUser115071

If there is a statement that something SHOULD NOT work, then this is not a feature but a bug.

DeletedUser

It is only fair a contributor can continue to do so even after a neighborhood swap.

DeletedUser96901

If there is a statement that something SHOULD NOT work, then this is not a feature but a bug.
where is that statement that a player shouldn't be able to continue donating when he is already in a GB ?

link or screenshot please

DeletedUser115071

Oh, don't twist now.
The rule is that a person that is not a guild, hood or fl you shouldn't be able to contribute to him and that in my eyes is bypassing.

Agent327

Overlord
Oh, don't twist now.
The rule is that a person that is not a guild, hood or fl you shouldn't be able to contribute to him and that in my eyes is bypassing.

It isn't. It is like Chalinna says. Once you have donated to a GB you can finish it. Has been so from the start of the game. You not liking it will not change that.

DeletedUser96901

Oh, don't twist now.
the rule is that a person can continue donating if he is already in a level

and if you like it or not that is how the developers want it
but it would only be a bug if that wouldn't be the case

DeletedUser96901

Yet it can be easily bypassed and ABUSED.
no it can't be bypassed and abused
because you need to be a friend, neighbor or guild member to start donating

how can I bypass being in those groups ?

what could be abused is that if a player can't continue to donate if the relationships end

if a game behavior is intended by the developers it is a feature not a bug

so do you believe the developers want that it should not work to continue donating ?

in my eyes
the only eyes that matters are the ones from the developers

DeletedUser96901

your problem here is
that behavior is intentional and for that reason not a bug
so yes the devs don't listen to your bug report because it is not a bug

if you want them to change it you must post it as idea
then they can reconsider their decision of that game behavior

Emberguard

Legend
Yes anyone can contribute for remainder of lvl once they've contributed. Changing it would further enable the ability to enclose a GB to a specific circle of players. It's definitely been there for a long time. I will however check whether it's intended behaviour

In order to abuse the "bug" you'd first have to either
(a) rotate out of hood - mostly out of players control
(b) leave guild - you can't rejoin for another 7 days
(c) drop friend - to abuse this more then once per player you'd have to stay under 80 friends or only accept those with less then 80

DeletedUser

Obviously this is intended behavior otherwise there were too many opportunities for people to get corrupted and a sort of wild west in friendslists and guilds.
I mean I wish thinking something through happend more often.
This is such a waste of virtual space and energy and as such non information and even more threads to plow through in a desperate search if a genuine idea was posted before.