• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do players really cheat?

DeletedUser

Yesterday I was in the unusual situation of having nothing to do in the game, I had read the new forum posts, and nobody was on Chat. I Googled “Forge of Empires” to see if there were any interesting blogs etc.

I found a few of these but also noticed a huge number of hits to sites offering hacks or cheats.

I want to make it clear that I do not want to cheat – this is against my principles and presumably it is illegal to cheat Inno out of money spent on diamonds.

I look up with admiration to the top players of this game: imagining a huge commitment and great dedication to it. I would be disappointed to learn that it was possible to cheat and that many of the top players had prospered through foul means.

Is it really possible or are all these sites bogus? Can the ranking lists be trusted?

DeletedUser

The rankings can be trusted as we are very very strict when bot hunting. 99.9% of the hacks and cheats do not work and the ones that do we can find and ban.

Botting is the one area that I hate, and i and my senior team hunt bots daily.

DeletedUser96901

sure those cheats work how they should (from the view of the programmer not of the view of the peoples who use them):
they steal information from the computers of the people who use them

and if they are lucky (the programmers not the users) they get access to bank information

DeletedUser99445

The rankings cant be trusted

Tracey, I do hope that is a typo and not a contradiction.
Bold, I don't cheat. If anyone thinks that the players at the top or anywhere else do cheat using these hacks, then I urge you to try them yourself and let us know how much damage they cause you in real life.
I look forward to your report.

DeletedUser16026

That is indeed a typo. :)

Bot use isn't allowed and is strictly monitored. Unverified software should be a red flag for anyone, you are more likely to cause yourself trouble than obtain any benefits.

DeletedUser101925

The only "cheat" I know that you can do on FoE is making a macro to automatically aid all and perform similiar actions (such as attacking). You could also hook some scripts to it with software like Greasemonkey for extra visual aids or implement a note-pad (stuff like that).

99.9% of the hacks and cheats do not work and the ones that do we can find and ban.

What you cannot do is manipulate actual data aka increasing rank points, goods, etc. This is because all the data is stored server-side and unless you attack the actual server (wich is illegal) and then change/delete specific gamedata (wich is even more illegal) THEN you could theoretically cheat.

sure those cheats work how they should (from the view of the programmer not of the view of the peoples who use them):
they steal information from the computers of the people who use them

and if they are lucky (the programmers not the users) they get access to bank information

Yeah this pretty much.
Anyone who claims they have a working cheat or hack for Forge of Empires is trying to scam you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

Yeah this pretty much.
Anyone who claims they have a working cheat or hack for Forge of Empires is trying to scam you.

if anyone is stupid enough to try using a hack for free diamonds etc and then loses personal data as a result then its what they deserve

DeletedUser15432

if anyone is stupid enough to try using a hack for free diamonds etc and then loses personal data as a result then its what they deserve

I also completely agree and if I see any posts on any world I report those posts to support as should everyone who gets those types of post

DeletedUser

Thank you all for your replies. I was pleased to hear that cheating is not possible and the rankings list is honest. Sorry if anyone thought I was implying that they had cheated.

DeletedUser5180

there is cheating within the game.....by way of mutli accounting to push fps

it is up to all players to report anything suspicious to support

DeletedUser15372

People who try to get others to use such softwares only end up logging into their victims' game account and mess things up.
Also, as has been said those softwares are scams allowing the attackers to get sensitive info from the victims including bank details, credit card details, etc.
Losing out lots of real life cash to scammers for few measly diamonds or such (tho it dont really happen)? is it worth it? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser101925

there is cheating within the game.....by way of mutli accounting to push fps

it is up to all players to report anything suspicious to support

Is that so?
I've never seen a push-account get banned since the rules around this area always appear to be grey-ish.

Or that's what i've been told and then have to deal with the fact no one is doing a thing bout it.

DeletedUser80579

Is that so?
I've never seen a push-account get banned since the rules around this area always appear to be grey-ish.

Or that's what i've been told and then have to deal with the fact no one is doing a thing bout it.

With all due respect, unless you've been behind the scenes recently you wouldn't know what action is taken against other players' accounts, as support can't discuss it. From my own experience, pushing is dealt with effectively and fairly on this server.

DeletedUser101925

With all due respect, unless you've been behind the scenes recently you wouldn't know what action is taken against other players' accounts, as support can't discuss it.

This is true and you are absolutely right. I don't know what happens behind the curtains.
What I do know is that many get reported and only very few get banned. That is my personal experience with this topic.