• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do guilds really want me, or just my forge points ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser109524
  • Start date

DeletedUser109524

I've got a HMA city, which has a Hagia Sophia and two Shrine of Knowledge for +5FP, so better off than many.

The guild are encouraging me to get a Great Building above my age, but this leads to problems.

1. They snipe me so I get bumped to lower rewards on GBs I donate to. Naturally being higher age players, they have far more FPs to spend. As I get very little FPs back, the problem snowballs.

2. If by some fluke I manage to get enough blueprints to actually construct something, I still have to get the goods.
This leads to trading 2:1 on my goods up the chain, so 80 goods becomes 5 goods.

3. If I don't want to flush FPs down the drain in a vague attempt to get Blueprints, I can make a FP trade deal with the GB owner, or other players. Again spending more FPs.

4. If for some reason I can't find 24,000 HMA goods, I can make some deal to donate yet more FPs. Of course done in private so no one knows what is a fair deal or not.

Guild founders, getting lower age players to own decent Great Buildings is a worthy goal. But please remember they have limited Forge Points and Goods to spend. Actually help them, instead of letting the other guild members rob them.
Honestly at what point do I have any Forge Points left for research ?

Vesiger

Monarch
If the guild are pushing you to get a high-level Great Building, they should at least provide you with the high-level goods with which to build it, i.e. trading Industrial Age goods 1:1 with HMA goods.
Maybe they will once you get to that stage...

Personally, I'd leave and go for a guild that's more relaxed in its requirements... Is this GB that they want from ypu going to benefit the actual owner at all, or does it just produce guild benefits?

DeletedUser1094

To me, it sounds like your Guild have got it wrong. Higher level members should always help lover level members to level up, for the benefit of the whole guild... not make profit from them.
...but I know, that there can be different reasons for a guild to act otherwise. (A Guild like that is sometimes refered to as a "milk-farm"...I recon, you can guess why.)

If it was me, I, like Vesiger, would get the heck out of there...

DeletedUser109524

The GB benefits me, I don't have BPs to make any of the guild specific buildings.

Thing is I had to apply to join this guild and told them from the start what building I wanted to get. They said they would help, only now do I find out I have to pay FPs if I want a special deal on goods. It's not the cost in FP that is the issue, it's the unknown cost.

If I want to plant this great building, do I need 100FP, 500FP, 1000FP ?
Who knows as they expect me to make the offer.

I'm so fed up with guilds lately, they expect too much for a few extra FP a day and unrestricted trading.

DeletedUser100065

Some guilds will be more generous than others. If you make yourself a useful and active member then often the price for such deals is reduced. Snipeing on GBs is always going to happen you just have to learn to be the one that's doing the sniping rather than the one getting sniped. But ultimately no matter how good the leaders or founders wishes are you will always find some peoples primary aim is to get the most they can out of the game. It's not a bad thing we all want to do well at it but there's one in every guild who will take advantage of others. It's all just a learning curve find out who the good people are in your guild and whose after personal profit and just deal with the good ones.

Vesiger

Monarch
Well, I actually had someone in my guild contact me and offer me the chance to put the last 5FP in his Great Buiilding and get back 40FP in return... and do the same for his brother!
That's how a guild ought to work...

DeletedUser99692

There are good guilds and not so good guilds.

As has been said by others in this thread if a guild actively wants you to get a GB for the guilds benifit then a good guild will not only help by advising you of BP oppertunities but give you the goods in unfair trades to get it built.
You have been give a lot of good advise in this thread put some of it to use. :)

DeletedUser4872

Good and loyal team members are hard to come by, i prefer to groom my own.
I always say ''Look after your smaller members in their earlier stages and they will take care of you in your later stages''
If you create the 'loyal team player ethic' with a player in their infant stages they seldom forget how you have helped them and your reward returns can snowball.

DeletedUser16126

A good guild, supports the lower players, as long as they also support the guild back.
Guys who are frequently visiting me will get very good trading rates for constructing their GB's.
But players that only shout when they need something from you, and opt out on every Guild related message thread will hardly receive any help back.
Helping lower active players strengthen your guild.
It's an investment, and sometimes they will run away to a bigger guild once they are more mature.
That a risk you have to take as a guild leader, but most of the time the investment in active members will in some way pay off.

So if I read the story, here I think the question that the player makes is valid, and I think that this thread answers his question... That guild just using their players for their own benefith.

DeletedUser100555

I've got a HMA city, which has a Hagia Sophia and two Shrine of Knowledge for +5FP, so better off than many.

The guild are encouraging me to get a Great Building above my age, but this leads to problems.

1. They snipe me so I get bumped to lower rewards on GBs I donate to. Naturally being higher age players, they have far more FPs to spend. As I get very little FPs back, the problem snowballs.

With a large guild and friends list sniping is inevitable. Store up FP packs so you can be a player for GB positions. To get BPs you need to at least cover the FP prize offered. For popular GBs its normal to pay the FP prize plus 10-20 FP per BP.

Easiest way to get FP in the game is to buy them with coin, and you can easily get plenty of that by getting St.Marks to level 10 as a priority. Because you get a collection limit with St.Marks build the longest duration houses and as many as possible. As soon as you hit Colonial and build Gambrels the cash should really be flowing in. Lighthouse should also be boosted to save space making supplies - more room for houses and happiness buildings. Not to mention both St.Marks and Lighthouse give goods of your era so you need fewer goods buildings.

Even in HMA, St.Marks at level 10 gives an extra 80,000 coin per day (160,000 if motivated) with Town Houses.