• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Display missing goods boost requirements in red

Vesiger

Monarch
Proposal:
Show missing boosts in the building construction menu in red text

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yes - can't find any discussion under Ideas.

Reason:
Currently, when you go to build a new goods building, you can bring up an info window showing you the dimensions, number of workers needed, relevant goods boost on the map etc. If you have that boost, than the name of the goods in question is displayed in green; if you don't then only the little arrow next to the name is in green.
But it's not until you actually try to construct the building that you get a warning if you DON'T have the boost. (And by that point you've probably already deleted other buildings, reconfigured your city, etc.)

Details:
The current display is a bit misleading, as the green arrow makes it look as if you've got the boost even when you haven't - more of a problem with modern era goods and above, where you honestly can't remember which boosts were on the map a couple of continents back! Instead of (or as well as) displaying boosts that you do have in green and everything else in the window in the same default colour, would it be possible to highlight the case where you are missing the necessary boost by displaying it in red?

Visual Aids:
None, sorry.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Not applicable, I hope.

DeletedUser110195

While I think consistency is a good thing, and if we have a visual cue that we have an associated boost then perhaps there should also be one to indicate we don't, but typing this reply I remembered there is already a warning issued if you try to build a goods building without its boost.

I still give this a +1, though it's not really needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110433

*Sigh*
Will abstain in giving plus or minus, but if the people are stupid it can not be helped.
Protection against accidents is a good thing, but don`t make you`re kids ware protective gear when going just for a walk. I agree that is a bit misleading, there are lots of other things new players don`t know as well, but hey, if they can not use their brains even this much, than perhaps strategic games are not their field?
As said, i actually am not that negative about this. If this gets implemented, fine, one more protective gear, but i hope i made the point of how irrelevant i think such improvement would be.

joesoap

Major-General
are you noticing this on the app as on the browser version there is already a green tick to show whether or not we have the boost for the good

boosted good
Screenshot (8).png

unboosted good
Screenshot (9).png

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

are you noticing this on the app as on the browser version there is already a green tick to show whether or not we have the boost for the good

boosted good
View attachment 12251

unboosted good
View attachment 12252
You misread his idea, he wants there to be some kind of red marker indicating that you don't have the associated boost for a building. I think there should be for consistencies sake, but it's redundant with this: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...3/&temp_hash=a6c2fca12fb2b46d0872dbf7a2eee411

Attachments

• No goods boost.png
    No goods boost.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 145

Vesiger

Monarch
On the app, yes.
And as I wrote,
But it's not until you actually try to construct the building that you get a warning if you DON'T have the boost. (And by that point you've probably already deleted other buildings, reconfigured your city, etc.)

joesoap

Major-General
i get the idea but i dont see the difference in having an indicator showing if we have the boost or an indicator showing if we dont, the absence of the indicator shows the opposite, i think the issue is that the indicator we have on the browser isnt on the app so rather than introduce a new system i think what is needed is to add this already existing indicator to the app

Vesiger

Monarch
Another player in my guild caught out by this today - the big green arrow really is a misleading user interface :?