Hot Display collection time for GB on app

Discussion in 'Popular' started by sapphire of night, Aug 13, 2018.

1. sapphire of night

sapphire of night Private

Proposal: To have some sort of additional display for the collection time of a GB when viewing either a GB or the boost list on the app version of the game. Currently, as far as i know there is no way of telling on the app when GBs are going to refresh which is particularly useful for things like boosts.

I do not know exactly how this would work, but I can visualise 3 different ways this could be achieved. (I am not suggesting implementing all of them!)
    Suggestion 1: add an additional line within the GB information window (for the user only within their city) which gives this information.
    Suggestion 2: within the boost lists (within the town hall), add the GB refresh time/count down info within the 'card' displaying how many effective uses of the GB related boost. Possibly even keep a greyed out 'card' for GB boosts when theyre fully expired in order to keep the info displayed. This doesnt however benefit GBs like Alkatraz whereby their collection might help with certain quests.
    Suggestion 3: add an additional card (like when clicking on a residential building or a special building which generates something) which states the collection time of the GB, with a button below to enter the current viewing page of the GB with the fp donations or listing GB boosts. It would look similar to the card you get when clicking on the town hall, before entering. A major drawback to this is that it adds an additional minor menu to general game play, which i know the addition would annoy some players.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? I've had a search and a look around, and I didnt see a similar suggestion. Apologies if i have overlooked anything.

Reason: I've become rather dependant on being able to time my collection times i order to make sure I'm within certain boosts like LoA- this is also really beneficial when having to do loads of really small productions whereby i want to make these collections (usually for quest) when the boost is not active- but in this case knowing how quickly the boost will reactivate is equally useful. This, currently I am only able to do/check up on the PC version.

2. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Major

Personally, all of my GBs (and Shrines of Knowledge, Wishing Wells, etc) have the same collection time as my Town Hall. So if I'm on the app and I want to know when a GB will be ready to refresh, I just look at my Town Hall timer.

But I can see how this would really help people who don't have such a system in their city, so sure, +1.

3. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Lieutenant Colonel

It would be great for when some player levels your GB and you want to get everything back in sync.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2018
    CaptainJacksparrow and Sp32 like this.
  4. Marcus the Hatter

Marcus the Hatter Private

Image 2.jpg +1, a hundred times, +1!
    The web version has this, it’s ridiculous that the apps don’t. Something like this maybe?

5. 123456789101112YY

123456789101112YY Major-General

hmm - I don't see this on the web version.

6. shad23

shad23 Lieutenant Colonel

when you clic on a GB clic on overview top left corner you'll see that image

7. Marcus the Hatter

Marcus the Hatter Private

The previous picture I posted was a suggestion of what it could/should look like. On the web version when you hover on a GB you get this popup which shows time until collection. Else where there are counts of special ability uses left also. It'd be nice to be able to see both within the GB overview.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 12.19.18.png

partoftheship likes this.
  8. Bewildered Zeratul

Bewildered Zeratul Master Corporal

+1
    Would this work? --> For everything on the desktop, that has a "cursor hangover" tip, a single click on the phone should equal "cursor hangover" on desktop, and a double-click should equal a single-click on desktop.

- · - · - · - · - · - · - · -

OK apparently it won't work. The "tip" would block the screen and you can't click the second time.

Next!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  9. Cursedveggie

Cursedveggie Overlord

+1

Although I'm sure this has been asked for before it would be really useful and can't be difficult to implement on the GB overview display

10. Galladhorn

Galladhorn Lieutenant-General

+1

Frankly I do not need it, but some players will – And there is a timer in the programming so why not display it.

11. King Jared The III

King Jared The III Lieutenant-General

+1
    Well thought out idea. It’s original, and frankly, they are getting rarer by the day.:)

partoftheship likes this.
  12. ntnete0

ntnete0 Brigadier-General

13. bradype

bradype Tsar

+1(00000000)

14. NewandForgiven

NewandForgiven Private

+1 - this would be hugely useful

15. Vesiger

Vesiger General

ntnete0 likes this.
  16. edu2004eu

edu2004eu Corporal

This could be done when long pressing the GB / building.

+1 definitely.

17. 7777777a8

7777777a8 Private

18. Sp32

Sp32 Master Corporal

19. Thijmenbruijn

Thijmenbruijn Private

+1 Yes please... Missing this big time

20. ntnete0

ntnete0 Brigadier-General

+1 asap