• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Disparity of guild sizes on battleground

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117023

I’ve removed my discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

so the 50 men from one guild are better than the 70 of the 7 other guilds together :rolleyes:

DeletedUser110131

Yes, others have experienced it. You'll find it discussed in Guild Battleground - Purpose. The thread was closed, as this one probably will be. If you want to discuss it, go to the official feedback thread, instead. Basically, the conclusion of the discussion in Guild Battleground - Purpose was this: the superior guilds will quickly move to higher leagues, leaving smaller guilds to fight other small guilds and really bad big guilds.

My guild is a one-man guild - Silver League.

Competition: 11 members, 30 members, 80 members, 8 members, 27 members, 53 members, 1 member - this guild is inactive.

Total 209 players against my guild. No Whining Here.

There is nothing wrong with the match-ups except that more seasons are required for a leveling out of the data.

DeletedUser96901

the thing here is:
your real opponent is not the big red beast eating everything

the other 6 guilds are your opponents
so you must do enough to be a little bit better than them

We’ve concluded it’s not worth playing if there is any risk of losing goods or soldiers
you are always losing goods or soldiers
that is GBG

and to be better than other (the 6 little guilds) you have to do more than them

or you give up. don't do anything
end at bottom half and go down to copper league

Have other guilds encountered this yet?
This round all the guilds on our field are around the same size (ours has ten members). But there is one guild with 50 members and despite everyone’s best efforts, we’ve all been pushed back to our front doors daily. We’ve concluded it’s not worth playing if there is any risk of losing goods or soldiers. It’s totally unbalanced and a real spoiler for us all.

I’ve attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

I’ve messaged support but they’ve referred me to the forum so I’d love to hear if other guilds have experienced this.

Goods & soldiers are required to do Any fighting, except for AA Medals & soldiers there - anyway there is Always Risk - Unless of course you stay in bed all day - Oh wait - even that is risky - you might get bed sores!

Agent327

Overlord
Have other guilds encountered this yet?
This round all the guilds on our field are around the same size (ours has ten members). But there is one guild with 50 members and despite everyone’s best efforts, we’ve all been pushed back to our front doors daily. We’ve concluded it’s not worth playing if there is any risk of losing goods or soldiers. It’s totally unbalanced and a real spoiler for us all.

I’ve attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

I’ve messaged support but they’ve referred me to the forum so I’d love to hear if other guilds have experienced this.

Every Guild encounters it! I's how it is set up!!!

Start reading the available info before you feel the need to complain!!@

Vesiger

Monarch
The big guild is probably on its way down from a higher league (I actually wondered for a moment if that was a picture of us, but we're an eighty-man guild playing against forty-man guilds...)

DeletedUser111359

On En15 our current map is wildly lopsided. We got put on the same map as a top 5 guild, and they are running away with it.

They're in first 216k. We're in second with 10k, and third has 2k for this round.

Agent327

Overlord
On En15 our current map is wildly lopsided. We got put on the same map as a top 5 guild, and they are running away with it.

They're in first 216k. We're in second with 10k, and third has 2k for this round.

So?

Are they not allowed to whipe you?

DeletedUser96901

So?

Are they not allowed to whipe you?
so he is in a lucky situation

because there is no need to do much to keep that 2nd place that saves his guild many goods and troops

imagine the first wouldn't have 216k but 6 guilds would have around 36k each
then the 10k would only be 7th place

DeletedUser110131

Second place is good. There's definitely no shame in it, against such competition. I also suspect there's little reason to worry about guilds like that in the long term; they'll be rising to the top league pretty fast, I suspect. In fact, with the win these guys are getting, they can't spend much time in a league before moving up. Patience is the key.

there is no need to do much to keep that 2nd place that saves his guild many goods and troops
It can be pretty tough, even on a map like that, if the 1st place guild is ambitious/aggressive enough to fight as if they needed every single province, which this guild seems to do. Not to mention, the other guilds can be tough, even if they're being trounced by a large and disciplined guild. 10k vs. 2k seems pretty comfortable, but it's still only 8k. If the leaders decide to ease off or shift their focus, the lead can disappear pretty quickly. IMO, that's a good thing. It keeps the excitement up. All fights are for the best result you can get. If that's 2nd and the fight is tough, no excitement should be lost.

Agent327

Overlord
so he is in a lucky situation

because there is no need to do much to keep that 2nd place that saves his guild many goods and troops

imagine the first wouldn't have 216k but 6 guilds would have around 36k each
then the 10k would only be 7th place

And that is relevant because?

DeletedUser110131

And that is relevant because?
I suspect the general idea is that it's relevant because it's about "disparity of guild sizes on battleground", and whether that makes Battlegrounds "not worth playing" and "totally unbalanced and a real spoiler for us all". You know, the topic.

You may have become confused by Test Ament's use of reasoning. Here's a translation to your own language, Blunt Statement: "It's worth playing, balanced, and not a spoiler".

Your attempt at starting a meta-discussion, though... Why is that relevant? On second thought, never mind. I don't want to know what makes you think it is.

DeletedUser111359

Actually, I'm loving this map, even with the massive disparity. I know we'll have an easy time holding our position, and the one that's going nuts will be gone and out of our hair sooner rather than later. I'm saving a fortune on this round, not having to do much at all.

DeletedUser112026

when all 50 are playing concurrently they are unstoppable, which is how it’s playing out this round. We can’t control the other guilds playing as it’s a voluntary game. We just had more fun when the guilds were similarly composed.

I‘m really just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
wow if a guild has all 50 doing GBG am shocked my guild has 79 people and we have like 15 doing something lol

Cinnebar

Private
I have the same concerns over the big range of guild sizes in leagues but also the scoring seems wierd/unfair

we just moved into silver league and have 3 provinces with some buildings but are ranked below a guild that has no provinces or buildings or VP per hour ... bug or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.