• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.98

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

The Store Building item is now able to store 'All Ages' event buildings as well. This includes the Wishing Well, the Fountain of Youth, Ritual Flame, Gong of Wisdom, Watchfire, Rogue Hideout, Drummer School, Victory Tower and the Color Guard Camp. Please note: When storing military buildings, the unlocked slots are lost! So you have to re-unlock them when you decide to place the building in the city again.
From the contribution overview (accessible via the town hall) you are now able to open the mentioned Great Building directly instead of visiting the player.
Thank you for the update.

DeletedUser109966

Would it be possible to get a little more info on the cider mill changes ??

DeletedUser106696

Nice to see some bug fixes... but I seriously doubt that the devs should be looking at new content.

I'd much rather see them take a week or 2 and stabilise the game.Believe you me, we all can live without yet another pointless mini quest if this improves the game long-term...

Loading time this morning was 2.5 min (and that's just until I saw the first gimps of town, not the event log...), yesterday evening I reloaded 4 times during collections... loading time for each and every GE fight was close to a minute.

To my mind the performance these days is so bad that as a newbie I'd run for the hills straight away and find myself another game. Unfortunately I have played a bit too long and made a few too many ingame friendships to give up just yet - but the thought occurs each time when I spend 15 min collecting even when ignoring recurring quests or 20 min on 8 GE fights in a single town.

Edit: I take it all back... it's even worse... 3.5 min to load a battlefield on the OF continent map :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice to see some bug fixes... but I seriously doubt that the devs should be looking at new content.

I'd much rather see them take a week or 2 and stabilise the game.Believe you me, we all can live without yet another pointless mini quest if this improves the game long-term...

Loading time this morning was 2.5 min (and that's just until I saw the first gimps of town, not the event log...), yesterday evening I reloaded 4 times during collections... loading time for each and every GE fight was close to a minute.

To my mind the performance these days is so bad that as a newbie I'd run for the hills straight away and find myself another game. Unfortunately I have played a bit too long and made a few too many ingame friendships to give up just yet - but the thought occurs each time when I spend 15 min collecting even when ignoring recurring quests or 20 min on 8 GE fights in a single town.

Edit: I take it all back... it's even worse... 3.5 min to load a battlefield on the OF continent map :(
That sounds like an issue with your machine or internet. My lag is nowhere near that bad. Depending on whether I'm at home or out, my loading time immediately after a patch is typically between 10 seconds and 2 minutes. If I'm loading up the game any other time (not after patch) it takes about 3 seconds.

The only time I experienced issues that resemble what you describe was when I tried to play on a 15 year old pc with no graphics card.

Vesiger

Monarch
The bug in the mobile version that occasionally allows enemy troops to target and destroy paratroopers even when they are supposedly under cover is still present...

DeletedUser110639

"From the contribution overview (accessible via the town hall) you are now able to open the mentioned Great Building directly instead of visiting the player."

This doesn't seem to be the case on mobile. Going into the Contribution List and clicking on the buttons on the right still sends you to the players city, rather than just opening the great building window.

DeletedUser106696

Nope - 8 week old laptop... all singing and dancing, and
That sounds like an issue with your machine or internet. My lag is nowhere near that bad. Depending on whether I'm at home or out, my loading time immediately after a patch is typically between 10 seconds and 2 minutes. If I'm loading up the game any other time (not after patch) it takes about 3 seconds.

The only time I experienced issues that resemble what you describe was when I tried to play on a 15 year old pc with no graphics card.

Don't think so... I have been playing for over 2 years - these issues happened only in the last couple of days. Also, I have a home office and can very happily work remotely on clients' databases while FoE needs ages to load.

DeletedUser2989

I sadly have to agree with Wife of Vlad, the loading and memory issues with this game are slowly getting worse. Unlike Wife of Vlad I'm playing on the same machine I was a year ago (aside from an upgraded graphics card...), same internet connection and while I've noticed no performance drops doing anything else with my PC I have noticed this game getting harder to load and having to reload it more frequently.

Over the past few weeks it's been so bad that I've not logged on once or twice as just loading the game is too much of a struggle. Not long ago I was trying to do GE battles and had to reload multiple times (including clearing caches, closing the browser and clearing the RAM, restarting the computer which happened to be the final thing to get the game running) just to get through 3 battles.

Now I always had a memory issue with GvG battles, so when I have them there I'm not surprised. But it's disappointing to see that I'm getting similar loading and memory issues with the rest of the game (especially when nothing else I use my PC for has experienced performance drops, other games still work fine, browsing other pages is no problem). So as much as I love content and depth to a game I feel that this one may need to find a way to address the impact all that content has on the players machines. I've been playing this game for a long time and while these problems won't stop me playing now I'm worried that the slow build up of these issues will eventually force me to leave, if I can't play I can't stay.

Just as a point of reference I built my PC as a gaming machine, it is a few years old now but still good enough to play games released this year/last year. Soon I hope to double my network speed through my internet provider (which hopefully will help) but there is a limit to how much I can improve that. While a solution to this type of problem can be "improve your own gear to play the game" it also makes it a less accessible game to people around the world (I don't think Inno particularly wants this game to be limited to only those on the best internet speeds and best PC's...).

Vesiger

Monarch
The four-second lag on adding FP to Great Buildings is quite painful - that's forty seconds to add 10FP...