• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.95

Hey guys,

Enjoy!

Unfortunately, This update is nothing to enjoy. Compared to the little sillies added, if I was 2 years old, sucking my thumb would be more of an enjoyment - Oh Wait - not even 2 years do that - LOL.

I'm sorry, but this update has done nothing to improve relations with your hard core base of customers.

Last edited:

DeletedUser653

OVERTYPE - you are overdue with your "Thanks for a Wonderful Update" comment.
I suggest you hurry up, because i suspect yours will be the only positive comment made.

Maybe, just maybe he cannot bring himself to post the rubbish comments we get from him with every update.

Please overtype post real thoughts not the dribble you normally do, this update is mostly farmville/facebook games stuff

rjs66

Lieutenant
we want more guild levels to show our achievements as a guild - we get useless personal achievements that pop up on screen when we're busy collecting etc..
we want the lag sorted out - we get quests full of stuff that is just being re-skinned, every time we get a quest the game lags more
we get constant changes to things that were working and people understood, they move stuff between inventory and town hall so you can't find stuff, the visit option changes from an item marked "visit" to click on a picture (which they fail to mention anywhere)

we get "clear cache" as a fix to things that are nothing to do with the browser cache

and now we have a fisher price front end

get this game back on the track it started on - it was always touted as a strategy game
now we get continual quests pushing people forward in the tech with no time to learn the basics or form any kind of strategy
when they have pushed you to the end of the tech the gbs that produce goods for the treasury are virtually useless

and this despite all the pleas from the players to fix the game problems

i don't hold out much hope for the next update

oh well back to game, crash, re-load, timing issue, re-load, internal error, re-load, lock up, re-load etc...

have fun folks

DeletedUser11899

well, players who often play this game know perfectly what their boosts are. In my case, I have 148-96 on my main, 138-93 on beta and so on, so I dont need a new screen telling me again what my attack boost is from my GBs and military buildings bcos I already know. I precisely built all of them for that reason.
I also dont need a new screen telling me that my Speaker's corner is giving me a +9% bcos I already know (even know where it is).

A new pointless game addition.

oh wait, it may be helpful for beginners in their very first days of playing.

In the meantime my army management takes almost a minute to load after login and quite often I get the message 'Shockwave is not responding" (time out).

DeletedUser109966

I'm not a fan of the default screen being the boost screen... to make it worse, if I throw a colour guard (or similar) into my defence, then the numbers reported are erroneous anyway and just serve to confuse... it either dynamically updates or it's pretty useless imho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
I can't actually use any of the new mobile profile edit features - I can see them, but I can't select an Achievement to display, or enter text into my city description. When I try, the on-screen keyboard pops up covering almost the entire text box, nothing I type appears (not even invisibly under the keyboard display) and I can't get the keyboard to go away again or even leave the profile screen without great difficulty.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Can they please at least put commas in the numbers, please put commas if you're implementing an idea which involves quantities over ten million. How hard is it to put commas in 30 numbers? They did it before!

DeletedUser4727

First up, please lay off Overtype. He's entitled to state his opinion or not in whatever way he sees fit, just as you all are.

I'll pass on your comments about the popup notification, I can see why that could be frustrating, although likely will start being less of an issue once you've earned the "easy" achievements.

Thanks,

Richard

DeletedUser106685

Indeed, those flying pigs will be gone soon enough when you need to collect a gazillion things for the next one.
But the comma thing I agree with, though. I can't see how much is needed for the next pig without them.
Too many zeroes...

DeletedUser110435

First of all I just wanted to say I appreciate the work and effort that's gone into this update - good or bad, people have spent their time working hard towards something they thought was a good idea (benefit of the doubt, friends). And I do think the art for the achievements are actually real cute! The screen-sized pop-up however is a bit much when compared to the notification system everyone is more comfortable with. But as people have said, we're getting bombarded by so many because they're the easy ones and our cities are mostly developed by now.

On the point of achievements however, I have to say FoE isn't a gaming platform like Newgrounds or Steam - when an achievement system is implemented into a game, it ought to have some sort of practical use no? Special buildings, goods, avatars, buffs, boosts, or even a fancy title you can attach to your name makes a lot more sense than a display case that only serves one's vanity that can otherwise be satiated through many other means (watchfire x100). The point of achievements in-game is to be rewarded. When achievements are added just to say "Look at what I did!" it's seen as the sort of trite ploy used by gaming platforms to induce spending or feign a sense of community - something FoE does not need to pretend with. It especially doesn't help when one of the achievements involves losing - again if one doesn't even get a funny title for it, it's just grasping straws. (I wouldn't mind being Raevynherst the Training Dummy for losing 500 battles)

As for the boost overview, I imagine the rationale was to make it clear in-game that the new page existed, which I understand if that's the case. But setting it as the default page was overreaching I think. Many people have said the news tab is most important, and furthermore, it's pretty obvious that there's a new tab there that no one has ever seen before. I'm also surprised the boost info wasn't added as a drop-down list like the happiness indicator is. I say get rid of the boost tabs to the right (with the specials and deals) and have a drop-down next to the happiness indicator that displays boosts in a concise list-format. Otherwise the overview and the tabs pretty much tell the same story. That's a redundancy in information display - one of them has to go.

Overall I'm happy with the interest in achievements and attempt to finally organize/visualize info re: boosts. However I think both could be much, much more meaningful in practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well - I hope you had a chance to read this before this strikeout.
It was a lengthy message about the company we are all doing business with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser720

Is it just me, or does the game use much more resources since the last update?

I'm not even going to comment on the decoration nerfing, since Inno never takes that feedback into consideration.

DeletedUser108141

Not happy with the nerfing of face of ancients either. This item was originally 534 happiness so I installed 3 of them and removed 3 doctors buildings. They are now only showing as 320 happiness each and it keeps me from having 120% enthusiasm! What happened? I have no space to build more. Not impressed.

Also, level 4 GE rewards are not worth the output.

Grrrrr

DeletedUser5180

First of all I just wanted to say I appreciate the work and effort that's gone into this update - good or bad, people have spent their time working hard towards something they thought was a good idea (benefit of the doubt, friends). And I do think the art for the achievements are actually real cute! The screen-sized pop-up however is a bit much when compared to the notification system everyone is more comfortable with. But as people have said, we're getting bombarded by so many because they're the easy ones and our cities are mostly developed by now.

On the point of achievements however, I have to say FoE isn't a gaming platform like Newgrounds or Steam - when an achievement system is implemented into a game, it ought to have some sort of practical use no? Special buildings, goods, avatars, buffs, boosts, or even a fancy title you can attach to your name makes a lot more sense than a display case that only serves one's vanity that can otherwise be satiated through many other means (watchfire x100). The point of achievements in-game is to be rewarded. When achievements are added just to say "Look at what I did!" it's seen as the sort of trite ploy used by gaming platforms to induce spending or feign a sense of community - something FoE does not need to pretend with. It especially doesn't help when one of the achievements involves losing - again if one doesn't even get a funny title for it, it's just grasping straws. (I wouldn't mind being Raevynherst the Training Dummy for losing 500 battles)

As for the boost overview, I imagine the rationale was to make it clear in-game that the new page existed, which I understand if that's the case. But setting it as the default page was overreaching I think. Many people have said the news tab is most important, and furthermore, it's pretty obvious that there's a new tab there that no one has ever seen before. I'm also surprised the boost info wasn't added as a drop-down list like the happiness indicator is. I say get rid of the boost tabs to the right (with the specials and deals) and have a drop-down next to the happiness indicator that displays boosts in a concise list-format. Otherwise the overview and the tabs pretty much tell the same story. That's a redundancy in information display - one of them has to go.

Overall I'm happy with the interest in achievements and attempt to finally organize/visualize info re: boosts. However I think both could be much, much more meaningful in practice.

Cracking post

DeletedUser108141

When you say cracking post, I hope you mean cracking up? The efforts are all wonderful. Just useless and lame. Officially crying in to my soup! Bah, humbug, whinge, etc etc etc!

Vesiger

Monarch
The mobile app seems to have become very unstable since the last update - people in my guild are reporting freezes when contributing to GBs, when negotiating in the Expedition, and when attempting to update the participants in a message thread.