• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Profile on Mobile and Achievements

DeletedUser108358

I tried to collect my city 3 time in H world today. Every time sorry, error... Please fix the game and stop with those nonsenss updates.

DeletedUser108156

for me, one of the great features of this game is the care shown in the detail of all the buildings. now we have cartoon-like flying pigs dropping in on us all the time.
Is Inno giving work-experience to Kindergarten kids? It is an insult to the skill of the graphical artists who were once employed on this game.
Spot On - some of the Great Buildings border on beauty in their reproduction which is a tribute to the graphical artist's skills - this has always made up to some degree for the bugs and flaws in the way the game plays; I can't imagine what those artists are saying regarding the ugly, vulgar, cheap, nasty cartoons have had forced on us

DeletedUser653

not even sure its working as i got my battle award for fighting 61/100 battles, normally you would have to do 100 to get the award?? But its still rubbish

EdTheGreat

Private
I suppose everyone is replying to this in a very clear way, of the almost 200 or so people I visit every day " 5 " have these on...

PS: Please do something really good and remove the useless "visit tavern" and "profile" notifications on the Event History window, now that would be a great help to everyone and guess it will not be hard to do, right?

DeletedUser6974

please add an option for players to be able to shut off the achievements!
was in the heat of battles and my game freezes, cant do anything, just locked up, after about 20 seconds i open my task manager, getting ready to kill my browser, all of a sudden an achievement drops from the top of my screen, locks up my screen another 15 seconds then finally goes away so i can get back to the battle that i was doing in the first place until the achievement rubbish totally stopped the game!
please add an option for players to be able to shut off the achievements and work on what your customers are begging for, fix the game lag!

DeletedUser5180

Sovereign had a very good point in which he stated that after a period the achievements will be spread over larger time periods rather than short time periods when they have first appeared and players get them quite quickly (and even a few on the same day)

DeletedUser102348

Any chance that the line breaks could be added back to the profile on the social bar because without line breaks the text just looks like a wall of text, especially as a lot of peeps use it for 5 a day club listings and now it is completly messed up and you cant make head nor tail of it most annoying. Surely this is just a simple thing to do as they have made all this amazing flying crap which must be a lot more work to do than putting in bog standard line breaks which must be an already made code thats been used for years so no need to rack the poor little devs brains over something which is already made and done for them to use. I for one would be most grateful if you could put the line breaks back where they belong so I can organise the only bit of the new profile I intend to use from now on, and if you dont then what is the point of having a dialogue box if you cant use line breaks, no point at all if you ask me, so you might as well get rid of it all together as it is unusable it just doesn't make sense to leave a unusable feature there in my opinion, so which one you decide to do, fix the line breaks or get rid all together the editable dialogue box on the profile, Thank you very much in advance. :p

DeletedUser

Sovereign had a very good point in which he stated that after a period the achievements will be spread over larger time periods rather than short time periods when they have first appeared and players get them quite quickly (and even a few on the same day)
That's all very well akkers, but I still don't like the annoying bouncing popup when I hit one of these achievements, whether it occurs once a day or once a month. There's no need for the notifications to interrupt gameplay at all; especially when the mechanism already exists to notify players in real time without doing so.

DeletedUser15425

I seriuosly hate the new achievements thing always sliding into the actual game window and annoying me! another pointless crap thing. I don't care either whether it's only once a month, there is NO NEED for it at all. at least give us an opt-out!!

why is there still no OPT-OUT on some other things, like full tavern and stuff. I used to have notifications on for things like private messages, but since the "tavern full" one, I have disabled FoE from notifying me on anything. that's not what I wanted to do but you left me no option. and now, the achievements... who cares? it was about time you introduced the possibility to change and adapt the profile on mobile but more google app crap? no thanks.

DeletedUser

Please don't encourage them by trying to give them more ideas for usless items that don't mean diddly swat in the game.
Instead try to get them to fix the issues we need to be able to play the game without constant refreshing, losing memory, lag etc.
And like putting gvg in mobile they waste time on small stupid stuff that players don't want.

DeletedUser11899

One might say, well if you dont like the achievements or the new boost overview just dont use or pay attention on it.
Thats fine, but for me the achievements and boost overview just mean more bytes of useless code to load, more cpu and memory usage leading to more game reloadings I will have to do just to play a browser game

DeletedUser99438

now we have cartoon-like flying pigs dropping in on us all the time. Is Inno giving work-experience to Kindergarten kids? It is an insult to the skill of the graphical artists who were once employed on this game.

Very Well said Jampots :)

Seriously what were you guys thinking when you decided on the achievement notion? It's NOT motivating .... it's extremely irritating and at best (which is the time when we're not receiving useless interruptions) it's EXTREMELY pointless!

I suppose everyone is replying to this in a very clear way, of the almost 200 or so people I visit every day " 5 " have these on...

PS: Please do something really good and remove the useless "visit tavern" and "profile" notifications on the Event History window, now that would be a great help to everyone and guess it will not be hard to do, right?

Much needed. In fact get rid of the Event History pop up altogether. We can open it in the Town Hall, if we really want to, trust us Inno, we are not babies and are intelligent enough!

let's hope there will be some interesting achievements added in the future because the current ones aren't really interesting:

Is this a war game or a nursery game? Somebody please inform me cause I'm starting to get very confused these days.
Achievements are ridiculous regardless of what they represent. In fact they are so ridiculous at first it was hilarious, like Jampots, I wondered how old Inno thought I was. Now it's like ... come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

bilboman

Corporal
One might say, well if you dont like the achievements or the new boost overview just dont use or pay attention on it.
Thats fine, but for me the achievements and boost overview just mean more bytes of useless code to load, more cpu and memory usage leading to more game reloadings I will have to do just to play a browser game
It would be nice if you could turn off notifications for achievements - then they would be easier to ignore.

DeletedUser14621

I hope the "achievements" get tweaked from what they were in Beta, were I think there were 2 big problems with this:

1) The counter started on the day the things went live ... so any AF player the end of tech will achieve a lot less than younger players
2) The build achievements allow any age rather than just current and current-1. So to gain a golden road building "achievement", all you'd have to do is build, "sell", build, "sell", build, "sell"... the free of charge bronze age trails until you suffer repetitive strain injury. Imho not really an achievement in what once was a strategy game, but seems to turn more and more into who can click the most :(

It would be better to have a ranking on the least number of roads compared to size of city don't you think?

DeletedUser106696

It would be better to have a ranking on the least number of roads compared to size of city don't you think?

Not really... some folks will use every road upgrade, while others will rather use an extra cultural building and only upgrade roads every other age; imho both are equally valid strategies.

DeletedUser653

hes referring to how many squares are usesed for roads V's total size of city.

I think most players already use this as a senior rating for planning citys, so agree with suggestion and suggest member 14621 posts it as a suggestion to FOE +1