• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Oceanic Future - Part 1

DeletedUser5180

To be honest, when I see people saying "I can't always collect on time because I have a life", it just makes me wonder why they get so wound up about what happens in a game. Vexation? Demoralising? Why would anyone play a game that makes them feel that way? I don't get it. I have a life, I don't always collect on time, and as such, I don't really care about what happens to fictional goods.

Think you'll actually find this is the way a great number of conflicts have played out.

As much as I'm sure Overtype would like to 'get on to the devs', that's not within his power. Don't spout off insults at people volunteering their time about issues which are beyond their control. It's not fair and it's not classy.

Excellent post

DeletedUser12313

The proof is in the pudding Lexis. The vast majority of players are decent people who apply the same standards in the game as they do in life. They know how demoralising plundering can be and how it drives people away and so for the good of all and the health of FOE they do not do it: the only experienced people who in fact do are a few oddball idiots devoid of any moral compass. This is the case in all advanced hoods. As such it is you, Overtype and the Dev's who are out of kilter with the real dynamics of FOE and not me. As to me spouting off insults, the only insults I see on the forum are the condescending rejoinders of mods and their defenders who invariably appear to be playing a different game to the rest of us. To conclude matters, you and Overtype can plunder lower ranked players as much as you like, but if so, you certainly do not have my respect, nor I am sure, do you have that of the vast majority of seasoned players who as a matter of ethical principal simply do not go there.

joesoap

Major-General
The proof is in the pudding Lexis. The vast majority of players are decent people who apply the same standards in the game as they do in life. They know how demoralising plundering can be and how it drives people away and so for the good of all and the health of FOE they do not do it: the only experienced people who in fact do are a few oddball idiots devoid of any moral compass. This is the case in all advanced hoods. As such it is you, Overtype and the Dev's who are out of kilter with the real dynamics of FOE and not me. As to me spouting off insults, the only insults I see on the forum are the condescending rejoinders of mods and their defenders who invariably appear to be playing a different game to the rest of us. To conclude matters, you and Overtype can plunder lower ranked players as much as you like, but if so, you certainly do not have my respect, nor I am sure, do you have that of the vast majority of seasoned players who as a matter of ethical principal simply do not go there.
there are thousands of players in this game & unless you have spoke to all of them or conducted some sort of poll then you cant possibly know what the "vast majority think"
i thought that by inno making the hoods consist of same age players that these plundering complaints would be stopped but instead they are now about lower ranked players instead of lower aged players, if players are the same age then they have access to the same tecs/same units/same attack/defence options so they are lower ranked due to how they chose to play the game but that doesnt mean they shouldnt be plundered, buf if they do find themselves in hoods with higher age players then they can just contact support & ask to be moved

DeletedUser

The vast majority of players are decent people who apply the same standards in the game as they do in life.
I'm afraid I don't agree that the 'vast majority' of players are against plundering, I would like to see your data on this. I do agree that, at least in my experience, attacking in higher era neighbourhoods has somewhat taken a backseat as there are now numerous ways to gain battle points, which seems to be a higher priority for some players. I don't think this changes the general feeling towards plunder however.
As such it is you, Overtype and the Dev's who are out of kilter with the real dynamics of FOE and not me
The 'real dynamics' of the game include plunder. The option is right there in the game. Therefore, Overtype and I are very in tune with the dynamics of the game as it currently stands. To me, it seems that the ones who continue to play a game that they have such a huge moral issue with, and that makes them feel so low, are off kilter.
To conclude matters, you and Overtype can plunder lower ranked players as much as you like, but if so, you certainly do not have my respect, nor I am sure, do you have that of the vast majority of seasoned players who as a matter of ethical principal simply do not go there.
Overtype has already told you that he doesn't plunder except for when quests require it. I'm somewhat in the same boat. You have that annoying habit of projecting your issues on people who have done nothing except disagree with you. Regardless, I am perfectly fine with not having your respect or the respect of all these seasoned players who disagree with plunder; because it's just a game, and I don't care what you or they think of me :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

I plunder at times, therefore in YOUR OWN words, I'm an oddball idiot yet you say only mods and their defenders use insults when you are insulting me with those comments.

Plundering has been covered hundreds of times in multiple theeads, what makes you think YOUR insults are wanted or helpful in any way.... those that plunder won't stop because they read a post like yours I'm quoting here, in fact it
would be more likely to have the opposite effect.

INNO want players to plunder each other, and the proof of that is in the 2 gbs available that give the plunderer an extra reward over and above their spoils.

Don't like it.? tough luck matey... and I'm posting this as a top ten ranked player in my world who just happened to be plundered today without any complaints

DeletedUser109966

I usually Aid everyone who has appeared in my Event list... and anyone who is left is fair game to attack and plunder if I am bored and have time as I consider them no friend of mine in the game... but does that mean my moral compass is wonky or I'm an oddball?... maybe... food for thought... I'm thinking I should also change my approach when I play chess as well; probably best not to take one of my opponents pieces in future... sign of dubious morals...

DeletedUser11899

well, before the last fix on hood merging, where the highest and the lowest age players could be all togheter in the same hood, it was even reasonable hearing some of the complaints from those lower age players who were plundered by higher ones. Regardless of the 'collect on time' (mantra number 1) always given as response to such complaints I also understood that the most frustrating thing for them was the inhability to retaliate or to plunder back.
Nowadays things changed and the hoods are well-balanced bcos, except for some cases, all the players in the same hood belong to the same era. I dont like to plunder and I'm being plundered sometimes if I dont collect on time. I also understand that is my fault everytime I'm plundered for not collecting on time. It really sucks when happens, I know, but 'is part of the game' (mantra number 2) and this wont ever change

DeletedUser105544

When I enter new neighborhood, I aid all for first two days. After that, everyone whose name is not on event list with AID button beside it - is attacked. When defense is broken and I enter this city and see that there is a lot activity there (read a lot of production), I plunder.
I plunder that person because this is 100% bad person, and this is bad person because he/she is selfish as he/she is there every day and produce his goods and receive my aid while this same person don't think that he/she could spare one second to clck to aid me back.
Therefore, my plundering is morally justified. And I plunder a lot.

DeletedUser110179

Does anyone have an inkling on the focus of the Oceanic Future GB for Part 2 ?

I'm holding an HMA Seven at One Blow party bash for Griefental (ie Seven GBs in the mud simultaneously). They are: AO, Arc, Inno, CC, Château, St Marks, CdM and ToR. I have all the goods (except AO) and all but 3 bps. Reading through the posts it would seem that quests are a financial dead end and perhaps I should drop the Château from the list.

I was hoping to include an OF great building but the Atlantis Museum doesn't seem quite right (Nothing beats having an OF GB back in the Middle Ages).

Don't like it.? tough luck matey... and I'm posting this as a top ten ranked player in my world who just happened to be plundered today without any complaints
No complaints ... but perhaps you should be concerned.

I usually attain 1st place on the HMA Tower without attacking any neighbours (only from GE). Second place makes the neighbours brave. I aid friends, neighbours and guildies alike but I'm keen to re-connect with neighbours in a more meaningful way, during their short stay as neighbours (had 3 simultaneous firsts on SA, BA and IA Towers but it all became counter-productive).

It's a slippery slope from Top 10 (almost getting to #1) ... to pillaged, plundered and totally destroyed. Pretty soon you're faced with complete oblivion as you reach for the light switch on your way out from the FoE universe ... always wondering "where did it all go wrong".

... Therefore, my plundering is morally justified. And I plunder a lot.
Plundering is good.

Beating a zombie army that wont die ... wont cut the mustard ( it's like sharks without teeth and bears without claws ). You need to rob people blind before they realize that they have something worthwhile. If you don't pillage and plunder, they think something is wrong with their goods and fps.

You need to properly plunder people so that they feel part of something great. ●

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15986

About the OF Hub I expect the same as it was with the arctic Harbour and Promethium when both appeared on AF part II and we already know for what reason: just to collect a new special resource for nothing but unlocking the research tree of part II, nothing else.

You are correct, which is a game-breaker from the design team. OFE still needs Promethium, and so will future ages most likely, which means you still need to mine it. OFE hub produces "Orichalcum" in the same way that Promethium is created, so you also need to spend OFE goods on that (3-5 Goods Buildings worth per day of each depending on crew roster.)

With even the most recent GBs still only giving unrefined goods there's going to be a requirement for up to 35k of population (and a lot of space) to run the goods buildings needed for making AFE goods, let alone OFE ones. (Either that or be forced into staying in AFE until you have a huge reserve of Promethium.)

Completely broken design now, so I'm going to start turning some of my worlds into diamond farms.

I've been plundered - so what - I don't get angry; I get even. There was one guy who was #1 in my hood with over 500% defense in his city. I kept attacking and losing; he sent me a message saying - give it up. My response - Never. I kept leveling my attack GB's until I penetrated his defenses. Guess what - I plundered him every day without mercy and will again as soon as our paths cross again.

When you get plundered it's a challenge - take it and make him pay - thru the nose! Sometimes it may take a year to get strong enough - don't forget paybacks are even better served on a very cold dish - now that's fun!

DeletedUser106696

I usually attain 1st place on the HMA Tower without attacking any neighbours (only from GE). Second place makes the neighbours brave. I aid friends, neighbours and guildies alike but I'm keen to re-connect with neighbours in a more meaningful way, during their short stay as neighbours (had 3 simultaneous firsts on SA, BA and IA Towers but it all became counter-productive).

Have you checked how many folks in your neighbourhood are still breathing :P
I just checked my towers (it's Thursday lunchtime for me), and players in the top spots in the towers between OF and FE all have in excess of 80 fights already. Even if I was using the same age troops for all fights and completed all 4 GE levels (which I can't), it would not get me anywhere near the top 10 in any of the towers by the time points are added up on Sunday.

DeletedUser653

Nope, i also disagree with you. 100% behind the ability to plunder and although i do not bother to do it anymore (too busy trying to stay at #1) I used to do 80 pvp attacks and plunder maybe 60 players a day, even still got the spreadsheets detailing each players habits and when they set new builds off.
So 'No' you do not speak for the majority, you just wish you did but you do not.

PS are you implying that every player who supports plundering is not a decent person, really silly thing to say that

DeletedUser12313

Well I have been in numerous hoods over the years and only the odd oddball has plundered me. I suspect it is no different in all hoods. So there is your majority. You want to contradict that then fine, send me the stats showing that 10 never mind twenty people in your hood even attack you in a day never mind plunder.

rjs66

Lieutenant
plundering is a function of the GAME , it is there to be used as part of the players strategy in the GAME
it is not real life, so where is the moral or ethical dilemma
you choose to play the game and accept the rules and the way the game functions
if you have a problem with the ethics of the game , simply don't play

learn to draw the distinction between the real world and the playing of games

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

Just reached OF on the continent map... but am still at early AF in the tech tree and haven't unlocked my harbour (I enjoy fighting more than researching!). The sub appeared but I can't click on it. Are there prerequisites before entering OF?