• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Ranking

DeletedUser16026

Please find the full announcement posted at this linked thread. Please find below a collection of questions which have already been asked and answers.

• How many ranking points will these actions give?
The only item that is known are battle points - it is planned for those to stay the same (50 battle points = 1 ranking points). The numbers/calculations for spending goods or owning buildings in your city is not known at this time as they can still change prior to release. We may get this information closer to the release date.

• Will you get ranking points for donating goods in the guild treasury? Will collections from Observatory/Atomium/Arc provide ranking points?
Yes, and yes. Both will give ranking points.

• Will you get ranking points for all past goods you've spent?
Yes. All goods you've spent on research, negotiation, constructing GBs, or guild donations are numbers that have already gone into the database and will be used to provide your ranking points retroactively. You won't lose out on ranking points for past actions.

• Will using unrefined goods to make refined goods give ranking points?
No, this will not give ranking points. However, the ranking points from the unrefined goods basically transfer to the refined goods as those provide more ranking points. Thus, when you spend the refined goods you'll still be credited.

• Why is the collection of coin/supplies no longer giving ranking points?
They do not reflect real player activity and it is also technically complicated to keep track on them, so it was decided to drop them. What's even more important, there is no separate figure for coins/supplies obtained until now stored in the database. For these two reasons it was decided to not use collection of coin/supplies for ranking points.

• Can the properties of the Sword Statues change?
While everything is possible, we cannot make any promises on it.

• Will this new ranking system be introduced to BETA prior to release on the live markets?
Yes, it will. But we here likely won't know when or how, nor will we be announcing it in any way. That is information for the BETA community so it will be announced there.

• Are the ranking points for the Great Building example in the announcement for level 70 only or a cumulative for all levels (0-70)?
Just like with the current system, that is a cumulative score.

• Will paying goods for quests provide ranking points?
At this very moment when the announcement was made, spending goods for quests is not on the list of things that will provide ranking points. But this could change prior to its implementation here on our market.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

no more points from collecting coins / supplies :rolleyes:
so the only way at the end of the tech tree to gain points for non-fighters will be levelling the GB :o

so for me that is making it worse than before:
I thought it would be an improving it to all playing styles:
collectors, quest makers (giving them points for the quests), ...

but actually it is now for two kind of players only: fighters and GB levellers
(you can't improve points with buildings other than GB if you are at the end and your city is finished)

"Additionally, all players with at least 1000 ranking points (when the recalculation takes place) will receive a city decoration that will be a proof of their achievement"
who wants a deco which only wastes 2 aids every day :?

you could change it from deco to military boost statue
and when building it the player can decide if he wants boost for attacking or defending
that would be something great.

but a Sword Statue deco would only be one more thing being forever in my inventory

DeletedUser107476

Whole idea makes no sense. Giving points for goods used to build a Great Building? We all use same amount of goods to put down a Great Building might as well say placing this Great Building gives this amount of points and provides this amount each time it levels. Giving points for goods used and fp donated to it just adds coding and we all know when inno code it means bugs somewhere else.

Thanks for encouraging players to negotiate map something I try and discourage players from doing as it wastes goods. Have noticed that those that negotiate are normally those that have to run around after goods when they get stuck on a research or want a GB. Now you have given them more reason to negotiate as they get points for doing so.

Whole thing seems little thought out and if we are to get a deco from this I will be asking you to add gifting so we can send them to you mods.

DeletedUser106685

When will we know how the points are calculated from spending goods?
Then we can see if fighting a province gives more points than negotiating.
And will you also get points for donating into the guild treasury?
And if so, will points be awarded for harvesting Arc/Observatory/Atomium?

And will the goods that are already spent (for tech tree etc) be counted towards the ranking retroactively? Or else the players that already finished tech tree and provinces will be at a significant disadvantage.

DeletedUser16026

When will we know how the points are calculated from spending goods?
As the announcement said the actual numbers/calculations are still subject to change, even though it may only be minor changes they're not set in stone at the moment. They might be shared closer to the change date.
And will you also get points for donating into the guild treasury?
Yes, donating goods in the guild treasury will also give ranking points. I will need to double check about the GBs, though it seems likely for them to count since they're still goods donations, they just don't come directly from your own stockpile.

And will the goods that are already spent (for tech tree etc) be counted towards the ranking retroactively? Or else the players that already finished tech tree and provinces will be at a significant disadvantage.
Yes, all goods you've spent so far will be counted towards your ranking retroactively.

DeletedUser107476

Will points from previously negotiated sectors be added?
If yes then this explains the lag as storing all that information would seriously mess things up.
If no, then that causes an issue over being a new player and older player as older players will be punished.

DeletedUser96901

its a good start.....those Gb points were too high:D:D
yeah i would lose 10 million points on my main:(:( but i don't mind it really
are these 10 millions GB only points

because then you will lose 5 or 10 million more for collected coins and supplies in the past

DeletedUser16026

Will points from previously negotiated sectors be added?
If yes then this explains the lag as storing all that information would seriously mess things up.
If no then that is causes and issue over being a new player and older player as older players will be punished.
Yes, points will be added for all goods spent in the past.

That's actually very light information though, for example all that could be stored is a yes/no on a list of existing sectors and their goods requirements (which has to be there because it's used in the game). That's text and a very small amount of text so it's extremely light.
You're also not accessing it all the time (basically you're never accessing that information), it just sits there in the database. So it could not cause lag, as you'd need server traffic for that.

Those will provide ranking points as well.

DeletedUser106685

But it looks like the ranking will be dominated by sector bashers again.
Only a million points from a very high level GB, which only a few players will have.
But for the same amount of ranking points you only need to do like 400-500 battles.

I hope the introduction of this ranking change will be accompanied by some much needed GvG changes, like significantly increasing the cost of the first siege to like 60 or 100 of each good, instead of only 5.
It's needed to prevent players from 'abusing' the ranking again, by way of this mindless sector bashing.

And what will be done about the players that are going to 'push' to abuse the goods points?
There will be accounts that give goods to another player just to boost his ranking.
Will the game be automatically monitoring the market for strange trades being made?
Like somebody giving 1,000 superconductors for 1,000 marble?

DeletedUser107476

Yes, points will be added for all goods spent in the past.

That's actually very light information though, for example all that could be stored is a yes/no on a list of existing sectors and their goods requirements (which has to be there because it's used in the game). That's text and a very small amount of text so it's extremely light.
You're also not accessing it all the time (basically you're never accessing that information), it just sits there in the database. So it could not cause lag, as you'd need server traffic for that.

Those will count too.

Would have to be more than yes/no. Would be yes sector conquered yes was negotiated so we have already doubled that information. Add in that database would also probably contain builds put down, great build levels etc etc on a player of 3 years that would mount up. On an old world that would become a substantial amount of information. As to server traffic that would be permanent because the game requires that information to function and say what you have also information would be going permanently to it.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Well, first of all thanks for the info Darkstar- it's more detailed that I expected even though the calculations aren't available yet.

I do feel sorry for the farmers though - nothing in this announcement for coin/supplies collectors.

DeletedUser107476

Well, first of all thanks for the info Darkstar- it's more detailed that I expected even though the calculations aren't available yet.

I do feel sorry for the farmers though - nothing in this announcement for coin/supplies collectors.

Did you mean builders or farmers? As farmers will get points for donating goods to treasury.

DeletedUser96901

Did you mean builders or farmers? As farmers will get points for donating goods to treasury.
did you mean farmers or guild treasury donators ?

because a farmer is not automatically a guild treasury donator :rolleyes:

btw: a fighter will also get points for donating goods to the treasury :P

DeletedUser16026

Would have to be more than yes/no. Would be yes sector conquered yes was negotiated so we have already doubled that information. Add in that database would also probably contain builds put down, great build levels etc etc on a player of 3 years that would mount up. On an old world that would become a substantial amount of information. As to server traffic that would be permanent because the game requires that information to function and say what you have.
Text is extremely light data - a single character makes a mere byte. To get 1 MB of data with text you'd need a lengthy 500+ page novel. On the other hand a single image by itself can be a few MB.

As for server traffic, it does not work that way. If you're not seeing the data displayed or used in the game that means you're not transferring that data from the databases to your client. You don't see things like which sectors have been negotiated or conquered - the only instances in which you access that is when a quest you requires that info. Even then your client just sends a query to check the info in the database and only the answer is returned back.

If you don't believe me, clear your browser's cache and load your city. Let all buildings appear and whatnot, go have a cup of warm coffee. Then open a 'window' in your city, like the Inventory or one of your Great Buildings - you will notice a small delay in the opening of this window (it's noticeable on slower or average speed connections, less so on fast ones). That's because you're only now getting that information (though the 'delay' in all cases is because of the graphics and not the text). You do not access all information when you load the game, you're only accessing what you interact with.

DeletedUser107476

did you mean farmers or guild treasury donators ?

because a farmer is not automatically a guild treasury donator :rolleyes:

See there should be a proper terminology section lol.

We count fighters as those that fight in gvg
We count farmers as those that donate to treasury
We count fillers as those that donate troops to DA slots
And we count builders as those that well build. lol

Text is extremely light data - a single character makes a mere byte. To get 1 MB of data with text you'd need a lengthy 500+ page novel. On the other hand a single image by itself can be a few MB.

As for server traffic, it does not work that way. If you're not seeing the data displayed or used in the game that means you're not transferring that data from the databases to your client. You don't see things like which sectors have been negotiated or conquered - the only instances in which you access that is when a quest you requires that info. Even then your client just sends a query to check the info in the database and only the answer is returned back.

If you don't believe me, clear your browser's cache and load your city. Let all buildings appear and whatnot, go have a cup of warm coffee. Then open a 'window' in your city, like the Inventory or one of your Great Buildings - you will notice a small delay in the opening of this window (it's noticeable on slower or average speed connections, less so on fast ones). That's because you're only now getting that information (though the 'delay' in all cases is because of the graphics and not the text). You do not access all information when you load the game, you're only accessing what you interact with.

This is innogames there are bound to be images somewhere in there as their main concern is the looks of the game!!!!

DeletedUser98192

I tend to agree with test Ament . No more points from collecting coins / supplies will cost me something like 30k points a day . I never negotiate unless it's part of a quest so the only way am going to get points in future is from the my GB's or GvG . Which i really hate playing so looks like i will probably leave the game when the new changes come into force ,The Dec is a complete waste of time if it's for happiness . If i have a population of over 70k what's the point in having a Dec that gives you 1k happiness at best and looses you 2 aids a day .So it will just sit in the inventory . Another item i will never use . Why can't Inno just adjust the GB points bonus and leave the rest of the game the same . Or is this a sneaky way of cutting down on the the amount of processing power you need since the points awarded for gold and supplies will no longer have to be calculated for each player ? . Jonsunset.

DeletedUser16026

But that has nothing to do with the looks of the game, it's internal data only. :) I do not have access to their databases but no one stores files in their databases, they only reference it in there while they're hosted in file directories.