• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content New Neighborhood Merging System

DeletedUser

I have two questions about this new merge system..

Will there still be a merge every two weeks as now?

If a player goes up an age, does that mean he will automatically get placed in a new hood when the next merge occurs?

I have a bit of experience from the US server, where this began two weeks ago.

1- yes, every 2 weeks
2- usually, but not always. Depends how many players there are in the next age up.

DeletedUser96901

the new system doesn't care about the current neighborhood

so how can the hood not change every two weeks :rolleyes:

everybody is putting a different amount of FP in the tech tree
so everybody gets new neighbors already without changing the age

DeletedUser

the new system doesn't care about the current neighborhood

so how can the hood not change every two weeks :rolleyes:

everybody is putting a different amount of FP in the tech tree
so everybody gets new neighbors already without changing the age
There definitely seems to be some variety. On my main city, a friend of mine who was in my neighborhood for the last two weeks got taken out this week, even though he and I are at the same spot in tech.

This is on the US server, where the new merging logic has been active for two weeks now.

DeletedUser653

you might be at same spot on the tree but the logic does not look at where you are it looks at your total FP invested in tree, so someone whos skipped a lot of the useless branches will be on a lower hood then someone whos done every single branch.

Since this is the main sorting now (other than era) hoods will be full of players with the exact same FP investments and the next hood might only have 1FP difference, this will really show up as you get more and more players finishing the AF tree.

DeletedUser108047

I'm neutral on the change but make the following observations:

• the ability to get points on the PvP towers for other ages is now much reduced as the range of eras is reduced. The only way to access some era's significantly below the average age of the hood is via the 2 spear defence player
  • trading has been much reduced. The range of trades in my hood is significantly less
  • these two factors mean that being in an active GvG guild with a wide range of members is now more important

DeletedUser

you might be at same spot on the tree but the logic does not look at where you are it looks at your total FP invested in tree, so someone whos skipped a lot of the useless branches will be on a lower hood then someone whos done every single branch.

Since this is the main sorting now (other than era) hoods will be full of players with the exact same FP investments and the next hood might only have 1FP difference, this will really show up as you get more and more players finishing the AF tree.

We have almost identical tech trees, we were comparing before the merge.

DeletedUser11280

hi all my feed back for the new merges of hoods is as follows it causes players to change there friends list drastically as you will need to cut players not by how active they are but at what level of play they are at?
This will affect guild mates more than friends only as you get the guild mates of various era's yet the only way to visit there tavern is to use a friend request, If you have any you will be saving them to help you stabilise your new hood , Yes they can send you requests but even this is limited as they will be in similar circumstances so may not have space to send requests?
On e solution would be that we could visit guild members taverns from the guild list as part of being guild members?
This would mean you would not need them in your friends list and Inno would not even have to think of increasing the number of friends you can have? all in all a win / win .
Of course it would be nice if when new things are beeing looked at some one could look to see if this new idea had any large potental impact on the game else where?
Geoff

DeletedUser106696

At least in L this is not what actually happens - At the top is a very divided hood with roughly 1/3 at the end of tech, 1/3 going though AF, and 1/3 very early in AF (harbour still a building site). And seeing that there is a second AF hood with a similar composition, I am quite certain that the merge does not take FPs within the age into account

SpankMeHard

Corporal
After the most recent merge, I have slowly found trading to become more and more impossible...

I would suggest that maybe a 4th tab of "Distant Lands" along with Neighbours, Guild and Friends becomes a part of the system....

This new 4th System ONLY allows trading and consists of people above and below my neighbourhood.

The new merge system may make the system fairer for fights etc..... BUT
The new merge system eliminates the ability to trade across multiple ages...

DeletedUser

Definitely not the case. People with identical numbers of FP in tech are not in my hood, while others who have completely finished tech are.

Ludicrous

Private
The problem is that the new hood rules constrain trading (and the range of trading, plus PvP points etc.). For instance, there is a much greater shortage of FE goods (for those in AF) and AF goods (for those in FE). You cannot simply build FE goods factories as they need raw materials which the GBs do not produce for i.e. wrong era.

Trading is stagnant.

Also those needing BPs for GBs in other eras (trade or PvP in other towers), cannot now get them from polmotting in the hood because the hood is all the same age. Some suggestions (which i acknowledge only fix the trading problem, not the other aspects):

• Inno should consider allowing players to determine what era goods GBs can produce.
  • Or, can prometheum be used as a substitute?

With the recent changes to the hood, which I welcome (having been the target of attempted plunder on a daily basis) Inno is inflicting the law of unintended consequences on us and yet again killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Last edited:

DeletedUser106696

True, trading is a lot harder with the new hoodie system, but imho that's not due to the new hoods, it's the idiotic set-up of AF in general. Every other age required goods across 3-4 to unlock techs and (for non fighters) negotiate the maps.
With AF all this stopped - apparently that stupid little harbour and the non tradeable prom was all soooooooooo much better than the previous system which made players trade across several ages. Add to this that we've been stuck in AF for a year, and you have all your culprits for the lack of trade. Thank you so much Inno.
Only option is to manage your friends list carefully and include folks of various ages.

DeletedUser110503

Instead of only considering FPs invested in the tech tree, why not include all FPs, or use ranking points, in the calculation? This would resolve, or at least ameliorate, two problems. Firstly, players who want to trade for goods from other eras to unlock advanced GBs would be more likely to find them in their neighbourhoods, and secondly, players quitting owing to unanswerable plundering, impossible PvP, and even coercion from players whose forces, boosted by those same GBs, are two, three or four times as powerful, equivalent to those from similar numbers of eras later.

DeletedUser110705

Sorry, i do not see how that would ballance the hood in a better way. Ranking points mirror mainly, what game strategy you have chosen. I agree that trades are a bit low with the actual hood composition, but as i play self sufficient mostly, i am not very interested in that. Tbh i like the new competition in PvP, not that boring anymore. And i really appreciate that i have no BA players in my hood anymore ;)

LadyHecate

Major-General
Resurrecting an old thread here but has anyone noticed a more diverse range of Neighbours in both the 'hood reshuffle two weeks ago and the one today? Whilst not back to the extent it was before the new 'hood reshuffle system was introduced I've definitely seen a wider spectrum of players in my last two 'hoods.
Two weeks ago, only myself (#1) and #2 in the 'hood were CE, and both top-end CE at that, the remainder were all pretty much PME and some of those only just so. This week, instead I'm seeing quite a few TE players in the hood; more than the 1-2 low-end TE players I typically have seen.
Is anyone else noticing a divergence in 'hood tech tree progression? Some of my guildies have commented on it today so it's not just me!

DeletedUser6065

In Cirgard, I am mid-Progressive Tech Tree.
My neighbors were mostly mid-Modern (as best as I could determine).
I didn't mind, but don't tell me it's based on tech advances.
And, yes - other worlds are starting to 'drift'.
. . . . mk