• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Forge-DB

DeletedUser

I've done a couple major updates since the weekend and finished up another a few minutes ago.

Now, you are able to select your preferred language from the header, and depending on which language you select, you will see the last updated times in the timezone for that particular locale. So, for EN, you would want to choose the English GB option to view times in British Standard Time, instead of Eastern Standard Time (US).

When you initially visit the site, it will choose a language based on your browser settings, if there is a translation.

Currently, we have full or nearly full translations of German, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, French, Russian, and Dutch.

I've also made it where the dates and numbers are formatted based on your locale settings, so those of you viewing in a different language won't have to sort through the American system of numbers and dates :)

Thanks again for the support!

-Z

DeletedUser7719

Thanks Zeron! Just wondering, how long do you plan on keeping the history on each player? For example, mine starts on July 7th on the point and battle graphs, so will the history max out around 30 days, or do you plan on always having it from July 7th?

DeletedUser

Thanks Zeron! Just wondering, how long do you plan on keeping the history on each player? For example, mine starts on July 7th on the point and battle graphs, so the history max out at a month or 30 days, or do you plan on always having it from July 7th?

I'm actually in the process of migrating to a dedicated server tonight that will allow me to expand storage as needed, so I should be able to keep a decent amount of data, I purged about a week's worth last week, but my goal is to try and maintain a year's worth or more, depending on how it impacts performance.

-------------
(Posted 29-02-2015)
Sorry about the random update times, I've transitioned to a new dedicated server and have been trying to optimize the database, so everything will continue to work smoothly as the storage grows to keep more historical data.

I should have it worked out in a few days. In the meantime, I've also added a calculator to show you how many FP you can purchase with a specified amount of coins based on your next FP cost.

-------------
(Posted 09-08-2015)
It's been awhile, but I've added a few things to the site over the weekend.

Most notably, I've created a tool that allows you to search the GB tables based on parameters you set, and will help you identify GB's that are close to level within your guild, or friends list, etc so that you can then donate to them and get some cheap rewards or maybe even a profit.

I've also added a table with all of a player's GB's to the player profile pages.

-Z

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107714

Hi. I like your website, & have a few suggestions..

1) in the PLAYER PROFILE - it advises my guild.. It would be beneficial if this can be hyper-linked, to go direct to the 'guild' screen.

a) http://www.forge-db.com/en/en13/players/profile/?server=en13&world=Noarsil&id=2634362

b) http://www.forge-db.com/en/en13/guilds/profile/?server=en13&world=Noarsil&id=392

2) from the (above) guild page.. How about a link to http://www.forge-db.com/tools/gbfinder.php with the server / guild names pre-populated ?

2A) update gbfinder so we can find GB's by level.. (without the need for " Points away from leveling " )

possibly 10 per page, & you can view page1, page 2 etc...

Eg -

- find all GB's at level 0 (not levelled yet)
- find all GB's at level 3
- find all GB's at level 12

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6065

I also use your website daily (several worlds).

Can you explain how you will now be treating the 'points earned' portion of your website, now that resources/coins no longer count toward that total? I cannot believe that goods spent is the most accurate gauge for this function, and I rely on points earned in the last 24 hours display very heavily.

Thank you, and again, great website.

. . . mk

joesoap

Major-General
i used to use this website more but since they changed the coins & supplies adding to score i find it depressing to see that the only worlds i am now considered active on are those that i have an obs

Vesiger

Monarch
The activity stats definitely seem broken to me - half the members of my guild were showing up as inactive last night when the site said it had updated less than 24 hours previously. These were people whom I'd seen posting on guild chat and trading and aiding a few hours earlier...

DeletedUser6065

Using the GB search option, I am only receiving 1 page of info.
Recreate:
Select Server. *Required
Select World. *Required
Select Building [Zeus for example] *Required
Minimum Level [5 for example] *Required
Points Away from Leveling [100 for example] *Required
Returned info is Buildings Level 5-11 with up to 65 FP's left, 1 page only accessible.

Suggested change: All fields required.
Select Server.
Select World.
Select Building.
Select Level (1 only)
Forge Points Away from Leveling.
Allow for multiple pages.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser5180

I also use this excellent site daily but I don't use the gb search as usually finding a gb you are looking for to donate has already levelled up due to the update period being a day behind.

One suggestion..... Can the graphs (or player) points be reset to the ranking points update so the graphs display properly?

DeletedUser6065

Upon reflection: There is in fact a need to be some sort of a 'level range' selection ability. This is necessary to select a high level building you wish to help level (for whatever reason). The high ranges are few and far between, and a person might not be able to select a specific range to donate. A range will capture various levels you might be interested in. Because the buildings are higher level, a range selection will not return an overly cumbersome number of choices - there just aren't that many available.

Example: I wish to level up an X. Being flush w/inventory Forge Points, and/or feeling overly gererous, I don't know an exact level available but I just want to spend! So I use a range.

Select Building: X *Required
Select Level:
- or - * 1 Required
Select Range: 57-101

. . . . mk

DeletedUser103845

Has something happened to the ForgeDB? The data has been on last updated Oct 3 2016 for a while now. Without current data, it's losing usefulness as a lookup tool (and I really liked your website, so I hope the data gets updated!)

DeletedUser107714

That's funny, I just noticed that FOEstats was stuck on the same date.... (or are they the same site?)

Maybe (the game) FOE has updated their websites & closed down any 'back door' way to extract data from their servers.. ? Ive tried a number of times for my own website to get some (minimal) data - but havnt found a way.

DeletedUser108379

Would be nice if this time the datas will be updated a bit longer than last time.

I like the stats there.

DeletedUser

Hey everyone! Sorry that I wasn't around to answer many of the questions here but as usual RL tends to get in the way of my gaming projects. The website is functioning normally on most days but I am still working towards a better solution for faster updates (although I intend to keep them every 24 hours) and plan to implement routine purges of old records but will be keeping 6 months of data for each player at any given time. More than that and the updates start to slow due to the size of the database growing beyond an efficient amount. I will try to monitor the thread and the suggestions email a bit more and make not of any wishes or suggestions.

Thanks
-Z