• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Forge-DB

DeletedUser16026

For more info on third party sites please see EXTERNAL RESOURCES.

This particular thread can be used for discussion and questions about the site Forge-DB. It is preferred that for any feedback/suggestions/comments you contact the site owners directly through their site to ensure they receive your information. Discussion, questions and requests for assistance with said site are welcome in this thread.

By visiting www.Forge-DB.com, you will be able to see the Overall Rankings and Individual Rankings for each world on various servers around the world.

The information is presented in tables which allow you to sort and search to refine the results. The rankings are updated daily and only players with 5,000 points or above are indexed.
If you do not wish to be displayed on the website, please contact ForgeDB directly for removal.

By using this resource to compliment the playing of Forge of Empires, you will be able to track your progress, and see who is inactive within your guild or friends list as well as see how you compare among other players around the world.

More content will be added regularly and everyone is invited to sign up as a contributor to publish guides, tips, and tricks (with approval) allowing other players to benefit from your knowledge.

You may submit comments or suggestions directly to suggestions@forge-db.com, but please write in English only.

ForgeDB is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.

DeletedUser914

a lot of good data, especially about guild member activity. However: I have serious doubs about how these data is collected. If servers are broken to collect these, then it need to be prohibited as soon as possible; else keep wonderful info.

DeletedUser

Hello everyone! I am the creator behind ForgeDB and would be happy to answer any questions that you might have in regard to the site. It is definitely still in Beta form and I am working hard to get additional content and implement suggestions from players around the globe. It has been up for a week or two now, but I wanted to make sure I followed the correct steps to not break any rules which is why I have not posted it or been active in the forums until now.

Please let me know what you think!

-Z

XxZeRoNxX, US6

a lot of good data, especially about guild member activity. However: I have serious doubs about how these data is collected. If servers are broken to collect these, then it need to be prohibited as soon as possible; else keep wonderful info.

In regard to this, I assure you, that we are not causing any additional strain on the game servers while collecting the information to display on the website. That was a top priority for us to consider during the initial phase of development.

DeletedUser

I'm working on adding the remaining worlds (with the exception of Korea) today, but I wanted to let you know that Beta / zz1 is now online since I know many players are on Beta as well as their local world.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
If you do not wish to be displayed on the website, please contact ForgeDB directly for removal.

How would ForgeDB be able to verify the identity of someone requesting removal i.e. that the person requesting the removal is in fact the account owner?

Also, there are links to send e-mails within the site (suggestions and webmaster), but anyone requesting removal that way most likely will be be giving out their own e-mail address. This has the potential for the site to have the players account name AND e-mail address.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How would ForgeDB be able to verify the identity of someone requesting removal i.e. that the person requesting the removal is in fact the account owner?

Also, there are links to send e-mails within the site (suggestions and webmaster), but anyone requesting removal that way most likely will be be giving out their own e-mail address.

I have no way of verifying other than using the trust system, and one would hope that another player would not intentionally remove an enemy, or friend for that matter.

However, if a player that wants to be included on the site notices they have been removed, and they send a message, it should be pretty easy to correct what has happened.

In regard to having your email address, you are absolutely correct, and the privacy policy on the site explains exactly what we would use that for, in this instance, it would be to contact you and tell you that we are removing your information. As you have already done, others are more than welcome to contact me via the forum private message system.

We do not collect, nor store, any information that is not fully accessible via the in game menus, and have no intentions of doing so in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

i'm interested to know if you are able to break down the medal totals for a player into different sub=totals, gained from pvp towers, from donating to GB's, earned from your own GB's/victory towers/quests etc and also bought/won from events.

it would be great even if medals won from fighting alone could be seperated from a players medal total

DeletedUser

i'm interested to know if you are able to break down the medal totals for a player into different sub=totals, gained from pvp towers, from donating to GB's, earned from your own GB's/victory towers/quests etc and also bought/won from events.

it would be great even if medals won from fighting alone could be seperated from a players medal total

I do not currently pull the data for the medals rankings, since it is displayed quite well within the game itself. However, to answer your question, this would not be possible. I am limited (as is everyone) to only manipulating the data that is already present within the game, and unable to view any data that you cannot view yourself as a player from the game interface.

I did a major update today and added graphs to the player and guild profile pages, as well as changed everything out to the localized version of pages, so now, you will be able to see all the servers in your local language (If I have a translation) or they will default to English.

Thanks for the support and keep the suggestions coming!

-Z

DeletedUser7719

Thanks XxZeRonNxX! A few suggestions I have that I was wondering if it is possible to do:
1) Search multiple players on the Great Buildings' page, so it is easier to track which GBs, that I can donate to, that are closest to leveling.
2) Filter the GB rankings by the GB, so if I needed Dynamic Tower BPs, I can see which players I can friend for them
3) Don't know if other players want this one, but is it possible to find the point total or even battle total for a guild is? (The sum of all the players' points/fights in a guild.) Missed it when guilds were ranked that way and was wondering if it's possible to bring it back :p

DeletedUser

Thanks XxZeRonNxX! A few suggestions I have that I was wondering if it is possible to do:
1) Search multiple players on the Great Buildings' page, so it is easier to track which GBs, that I can donate to, that are closest to leveling.
2) Filter the GB rankings by the GB, so if I needed Dynamic Tower BPs, I can see which players I can friend for them
3) Don't know if other players want this one, but is it possible to find the point total or even battle total for a guild is? (The sum of all the players' points/fights in a guild.) Missed it when guilds were ranked that way and was wondering if it's possible to bring it back :p

1) & 2) At this time, you can search on any field in the table, such as player name, gb name, level, fp required, etc but you cannot search with more than 1 parameter.

The best way to use it at this current time would be to first search for "Dynamic Tower" and then sort by the FP Left column to find those closest to leveling.

3.) I like this idea very much and I think it would easily be possible, so I will see what I can do :)

DeletedUser7719

1) & 2) At this time, you can search on any field in the table, such as player name, gb name, level, fp required, etc but you cannot search with more than 1 parameter.
Ah, didn't know you could search the GB name itself. Very useful!

Thank you for the quick response :D

DeletedUser5180

this gb filter will be very usefull, this is what the in-game gb ranking table should have included.

is it possible for a players score with and without gb ranking points to be displayed.?

DeletedUser

this gb filter will be very usefull, this is what the in-game gb ranking table should have included.

is it possible for a players score with and without gb ranking points to be displayed.?

Unfortunately, I do not believe anyone has figured out the formula for the exponential increase in points per GB level, other than knowing it varies depending on the age of the GB. If someone had the formula, then we could do additional calculations and remove the points based on the GB levels.

DeletedUser

Ggryvi determined the formula here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...nts-Unbalanced&p=174796&viewfull=1#post174796

(Works for levels above 10; levels 1-10 values, which are just a constant increase, are here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28246-Great-Buildings-Encyclopedia)

Interesting, and maybe I am doing it wrong, but I cannot get a correct calculation.

I'm using the following to calculate points for Alcatraz ->

ceiling( base * ( 10 + level * power(1.3,level - 10) ) )

But, it returns 1,970,315 points for level 27 and based on the graphs for that particular player the total increase for the 24hr period when it leveled was 524,487 points which should be 15-20k more than what the GB gave.

DeletedUser5180

Interesting, and maybe I am doing it wrong, but I cannot get a correct calculation when doing it with php.

I'm using the following to calculate points for Alcatraz ->

Code:
$base = 840;
$level = 27;
$points = ceil( $base * ( 10 + $level * pow(1.3,$level - 10) ) );

But, it returns 1,970,315 points for level 27 and based on the graphs for that particular player the total increase for the 24hr period when it leveled was 524,487 points which should be 15-20k more than what the GB gave.

hi, my graph probably included some points gained from pvp/gvg although they would certainly be more than 15-20k.?

DeletedUser

hi, my graph probably included some points gained from pvp/gvg although they would certainly be more than 15-20k.?

I was looking at a player on the US servers that I know, and was basing the 15-20k on a day he only did collections of coins/supplies, so yes, it would be different depending on the player.

I now have a working script to determine a GB's points per level. I will work on creating a form for the website, so you can use it as a tool to see how many points a particular GB gives a player, or how many points you might gain from your next level.

edit:

I've got the page set up, if you'd like to see how many points a particular level (above 10) gives you can go to the site, click on the "Tools" dropdown in the header and select "GB Points Calculator"

I've added a tagline thanking the EN forum for the formula, but if it's okay, I would like to give Ggryvi direct credit, if someone is in contact with him.