[DISCUSSION] foe.kwister

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Darkstar, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Darkstar

Darkstar InnoGames

For more info on third party sites please see EXTERNAL RESOURCES.

This particular thread can be used for discussion and questions about the site foe.kwister.com. It is preferred that for any feedback/suggestions/comments you contact the site owners directly through their site to ensure they receive your information. Discussion, questions and requests for assistance with said site are welcome in this thread.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Hello. The full website is http://foe.kwister.com/ - Improvements done daily, im currently adding data for the Great Buildings

HRC likes this.
  3. dreadrass

dreadrass Master Corporal

Just a suggestion, but I think you should mark buildings which are premium (diamonds) so it's easy to find them and also it does not confuse the user in thinking the production building is free.

Even if you take a diamond building and compare it with a non diamond building, it doesn't even mention it there.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Dread

4. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Is this better ? - http://foe.kwister.com/residential

I'm going to load up the houses today.. PS, i found the 'longhouse' today. It wasn't listed in the wiki page i found yesterday....

5. HRC

HRC General

hi gordykins,
    nice web site, good progress so far.
    but alas i tend to use the byordie thread as it gives me the same data but in list format rather then just comparing 2 buildings. Plus by by a simple copy and paste to excel i was able to modify the data to include the cost of roads (does it use 1x1 or 2x2 roads) and can now see and compare all production and happy buildings on a simple list format.
    So a "List format" is much better and need to consider the extra cost of 2x2 roads needed over 1x1 roads.

But nice work and I am sure many players will use it

6. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Its a work in progress - i only started it a week or so ago.. :) - Where is the 'byordie thread' ? I searched for it but got many un-related threads/messages. I'll check the 'list format' & see what i can improve

7. HRC

HRC General

the post is here
    https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-buildings-units-towers-and-expansions.28247/
    Its a post written many years ago by Vanguard but Byeordie has been doing all the hard work updating it for the last 2 years.
    It also has some missing data which you need such as 24hr TE house etc

you can find it in FOE Guides, Best Guides,
    Table Guide to all buildings, units, towers and expansions
    includes a lot of the missing data, such as the 24hr TE house.

I see houses are now in list format thats a lot better in my view, but in deciding which to build or delete its important to understand if the building must be connected by a 1x1 road or a 2x2 road as a building needing a 2x2 road takes up x more squares then a building only needing 1x1 roads

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
  8. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Roads added now (in progress).. as i havn't got to the later stages as yet - Can anyone after COLONIAL, please confirm the details of any premium buildings - if they need roads or not (im working backwards)

9. Tankovy

Tankovy General

The Industrial Age, Progressive Era and Contemporary Era premium houses need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.
    The Industrial Age and Progressive Era premium supply buildings need 1x1, all the rest after the Colonial require 2x2 roads.
    The Industrial Age, Progressive Era, Tomorrow and The Future premium cultural buildings need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.

10. akbhoy67

akbhoy67 Tsar

Speyside - The Whisky Capital of the World
    Future Era premium cultural needs only a 1x1 road

11. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Ive not started on cultural buildings yet - I'll do that in the next few days (or hours)...

You can see the progress here, (even get notified by email - daily) http://foe.kwister.com/todo

12. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

Hello. Buildings have land areas - eg 3x2, 4x5, 4x2 etc...

On some screens, you can sort by the land areas - Ie, press a link & the '1st' number is sorted, press the link again, & the 2nd number is sorted.

EG click on the "landa rea" image on this screen - http://foe.kwister.com/residential - try it a few times & see the differences.

I'm just wondering, how to phrase this in a short meaningful way (for google searches) - EG :- "sorted by 1st land area", but that doesnt make sense.
    (it needs to make sense to anyone who hasnt seen this forumpost too)

Any ideas ?

13. Rowan47

Rowan47 Captain

"Sort buildings by dimensions"?

14. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

15. emperatus

emperatus Master Corporal

Multistory House IS a Premium building as you have to pay Diamonds to unlock the research. It was only ever done this way once.

not sure if your still looking for that answer but the question was still up in the site so thought I would mentin it

16. gordykins

gordykins Corporal

17. dreadrass

Really, which Age and Research needed to be unlocked with Diamonds?

Dread

18. joesoap

joesoap Brigadier-General

upload_2016-1-9_1-40-15.png

not sure whether this is classed as a premium research or a premium building as it just needs coins & supplies to build once unlocked

dreadrass likes this.
  19. dreadrass

Nice one! Thanks for that +1. However I have to say it is debatable if it is premium or not. The problem is if you class it as a diamond building then you have to spend diamonds each and every time you build one. However, if you consider it a premium building as a one time thing then yes it would be premium.

Maybe it needs to be listed as non-premium but requires diamonds to unlock. It can't really go into the premium section category as you simply just don't need diamonds to place it only unlock it. A bit of a weird one.

Regards,

Dread

20. Tankovy

Tankovy General

It's only the equivalent of the "premium residential" of other ages/eras, being specific it's a "normal residential" locked up in a "premium tech". As such I think the foe.kwister site has displayed it fairly well.