• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galladhorn

Monarch
The new City planner is an excellent update from the former, simply due to the fact that the City can be loaded to the planner - that is extremely helpful and a big time saver. Secondary the flat view is a quite good to find those missing spots or simply relax the eye and think about getting the sizes to fit the best way possible.

The Only thing I miss is a clear Delete Function. ...Perhaps I have overseen it idk?

- Otherhwise this city planner is far better than the old one, so thanks and thumps up to whomever created it.

DeletedUser109674

ingweland - its a great piece of work and i am guessing must have thousands of users by now. Any chance you can work with INNO and get advanced notice of changes which effect it? maybe even have a separate beta version to find update issues before they effect the live server version? I do accept event this does not stop INNO doing last minute changes to live servers, but its got to help you a lot.

Really good tool, thank you
I really doubt that Innogames will share any kind of technical info with me in advance. Even if they do, I still cannot guarantee that all modifications will be synced. Bascially, because of time. After all, this is my pet-project, and I have a regular projects. As to beta - this does not worth the efforts. There are a lot of players who use the planner. However, the amount is far lower than the amount of people who plays the game ;)

DeletedUser109674

The new City planner is an excellent update from the former, simply due to the fact that the City can be loaded to the planner - that is extremely helpful and a big time saver. Secondary the flat view is a quite good to find those missing spots or simply relax the eye and think about getting the sizes to fit the best way possible.

The Only thing I miss is a clear Delete Function. ...Perhaps I have overseen it idk?

- Otherhwise this city planner is far better than the old one, so thanks and thumps up to whomever created it.
Thank you.
As to the deletion. You use Delete/Backspace keys on keyboard. This is described in Help section on the website. I guess I will make it more obvious sometime because too many people are confuse. However, not sure when )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

Already using to plan other players citys and pushing its use very hard in my guild. Average saving i find is 40-50 squares, but one very bad city we found over 200 squares from a replan

DeletedUser109674

Already using to plan other players citys and pushing its use very hard in my guild. Average saving i find is 40-50 squares, but one very bad city we found over 200 squares from a replan
It's always a pleasure to know that something that you made brings benefit to others ))

DeletedUser109674

City planner was released to public half a year ago. We have 17000 registered users now! Thanks to everybody who is using it ))

DeletedUser5180

City planner was released to public half a year ago. We have 17000 registered users now! Thanks to everybody who is using it ))
I don't use city planner personally but must say those are impressive figures

DeletedUser109674

City planner has just been update to 0.9.22. Map size was increased to reflect corresponding change in the game. You may need to clear your browser's cache.

DeletedUser108379

When will the new buildings from the 4th part of the Arctic Future be avalable?

DeletedUser109674

Will add. However not sure when - busy with my primary work now.

DeletedUser112

thanks for your work. we are all anxiously waiting to update arctic 4. thanks

DeletedUser112

thanks for your good work and your generosity. I always recommend to fellow guild members and friends to use it

DeletedUser9168

A really excellent tool - I am using it to redesign both my own and others' cities.

one question - is there a way to check if my replay has enough happiness, or even population, to support the buildings i have placed? (was a feature i used to use a lot in forgestats which is no more).

thanks for a great planner!

DeletedUser653

ingweland, is it possible to create a link from the city plan to the help file and make it open in another window or tab. Biggest gripe here and in my guild is the old one of how to delete a building and the problem is players go into the planner and miss the help file, then they struggle as they cannot see any help button.
just a thought and great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.