• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Disallow the Ability to Build a Great Building beyond your Age

DeletedUser113976

Someone pointed out this is not the place to post "Ideas" but when I look at the Idea thread it appears that Ideas are things already discussed and have at least 1+ yeah votes to them. If this is not the case is there a URL that explains how the Idea thread works beyond the basics. I have a URL that explains the nomenclature of Idea thread and a few other things but nothing about how the submission process works.

Next I will be surprised if I get any yeah votes for this because frankly I doubt this suggestion is going to be at all popular. Heck I kind of like the exploit myself but when I look at it in the light of the Prime Directives put down by the Game Designers for proposals this one blatantly exploits a loophole that I feel ought to be stitched up.

Proposal

Still allow the acquisition of Great Building Blue Prints from any age but make one of the requirements of building the Great Building to be that the player must either be of the Age of that Great Building and/or perhaps the Age just before it.

Current System

By networking with other higher level players and/or one of your own accounts that is much higher level. You can farm for Blueprints for buildings way in advance of your current Age. Then via this same mechanism build said building regardless of what Age you are in. Applies to Iron Age and up only of course.

Abuse Prevention

This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network. It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance. The concept here is both mechanical and esthetical. It is sort of like building an automobile before gasoline is invented for without the gasoline you would simply have a metal carriage that would still need to be pulled by actual horses thus making it less pratical than a lighter wooden one of that Age but for some reason the mere building of the automobile makes everything else you need to operate that automobile suddenly available. Okay so you have The Kraken do you have all the things you would need to maintain and operate that Kraken well if you are in the Iron Age I would highly doubt it.

Lastly it would stop the exploit that makes the game not just easier but extremely easier by letting players have access to certain great buildings far before they ought to have access to them without disallowing them to collect the Blueprints in preparation for building that Great Building once they advanced to a more appropriate age for building it.

I look forward to any constructive comments on this. Does anyone feel it ought be limited just to the Age of the Great Building or greater or is one Age prior sufficient restriction to significantly curtail this horribly abused exploit?

I would disagree on this one.
I got my Inno tower while I was in late middle ages, I had the ability to do it and I did. Then I got the Arc, Cape Krakenamf so on... Why don't you get the Kraken? What's preventing you from doing so? Also some players decide to stay in one particular Era because of the GvG. So if one is to stay in LMA for GvG purposes why wouldn't he be allowed to have the Kraken, Artic orangey or the Arc?

Agent327

Overlord
This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier

Can you explain how this would be "great abuse" when Inno advices you to do so? Do you now know their game better than they do?

and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network.

Multi-accounts are not allowed, so how can it benefit those players? Networking actually is a subsatntial part of the game. That's why you have "friends"" .

It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

Where is the rules does it state this is not allowed and what makes you think you should address it?

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance.

That isn't a loop-hole. Loop-holes means you are getting past the rules. There is no rule at all that does not allow this.

Lastly it would stop the exploit that makes the game not just easier but extremely easier by letting players have access to certain great buildings far before they ought to have access to them without disallowing them to collect the Blueprints in preparation for building that Great Building once they advanced to a more appropriate age for building it.

How can that be an exploit when Inno advises you to do so?

I look forward to any constructive comments on this. Does anyone feel it ought be limited just to the Age of the Great Building or greater or is one Age prior sufficient restriction to significantly curtail this horribly abused exploit?

Horribly abused exploit?

You are really funny. I can even predict your reply. You are going to report me, cause I bully you.

I don't bully. I take out the garbage.

so the Dynamic Tower is against your rules because it allows you to collect goods from any age to allow you to build a GB from another age
Yes and I suggest we rename it to the Evil Tower.

OK I'm kidding of course but OP didn't think this trough, which happens. I think we shouldn't make more examples as he probably realize it by now.

DeletedUser112892

Someone pointed out this is not the place to post "Ideas" but when I look at the Idea thread it appears that Ideas are things already discussed and have at least 1+ yeah votes to them. If this is not the case is there a URL that explains how the Idea thread works beyond the basics. I have a URL that explains the nomenclature of Idea thread and a few other things but nothing about how the submission process works.

Next I will be surprised if I get any yeah votes for this because frankly I doubt this suggestion is going to be at all popular. Heck I kind of like the exploit myself but when I look at it in the light of the Prime Directives put down by the Game Designers for proposals this one blatantly exploits a loophole that I feel ought to be stitched up.

Proposal

Still allow the acquisition of Great Building Blue Prints from any age but make one of the requirements of building the Great Building to be that the player must either be of the Age of that Great Building and/or perhaps the Age just before it.

Current System

By networking with other higher level players and/or one of your own accounts that is much higher level. You can farm for Blueprints for buildings way in advance of your current Age. Then via this same mechanism build said building regardless of what Age you are in. Applies to Iron Age and up only of course.

Abuse Prevention

This whole proposal is about current abuse prevention. Currently the system as it is allows for great abuse of building Great Buildings before their time making the game not just easier but extremely easier and greatly benefitting players who are either using multi-accounts or have created a mutual network. It also helps folks create Diamond Farming Cities whose only purpose is to greatly increase their Diamond production thus making the game easier and them richer which is a different matter and another current exploit that I am not sure how best to handle.

This proposal is designed to close the currently exploitable loop-hole that allows an Iron Age player to build The Kraken for instance. The concept here is both mechanical and esthetical. It is sort of like building an automobile before gasoline is invented for without the gasoline you would simply have a metal carriage that would still need to be pulled by actual horses thus making it less pratical than a lighter wooden one of that Age but for some reason the mere building of the automobile makes everything else you need to operate that automobile suddenly available. Okay so you have The Kraken do you have all the things you would need to maintain and operate that Kraken well if you are in the Iron Age I would highly doubt it.

Don't be lazy, collect BPs from higher era GBs, trade FPs for goods from that era and build that higher era GB. Then you will change your opinion :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
So in other words, "let's just massively increase the distance between the 'have's' vs. the 'have not's' to the point that entire game is pointless except for the handful of AF & OF era players?
Or, we can play the game as it has always been allowed. :rolleyes:

The 'genie' was let out of his bottle the second that Inno allowed for infinite leveling of GB's in general...
If newer/low era players can't get the same access to higher era GB's, then the game may as well just be blown up entirely since everyone with those powerful buildings can never be remotely challenged by anyone else.

What happens anyways if this (utterly horrible) idea is implemented?
To keep things "fair", would this mean that Inno must then go into every single city, and remove every offending GB that those players now shouldn't suddenly have?
Or what happens if they leave them? Now every new player is suddenly at such a hilarious disadvantage when they realise/are told that they're forever going to be stuck with other players of the same age with a bunch of GB's they can't ever obtain until much, much later on.

So okay, maybe it looks fething dumb that an Iron/Middle Ages city has modern & futuristic GB's. Oh well, it's still only a game, not a real history lesson.
Should we also then prevent players from scouting & conquering the world map beyond their own age, so as to prevent players from gaining troops 2-3+ ages beyond their own? (which would then, basically make it impossible for anyone to play events since you'd very quickly run out of current-era provinces!)

Emberguard

Legend
If there is to be a limit of building GBs based on your age it'd have to be the amount of lvl's you can unlock and no greater nerf and even that takes care of itself just by not being in that age making BPs harder to come by

There's just no way for this to be a thing for any already established server. It could only happen for future servers as otherwise you're just making it impossible to compete with any established player

Vesiger

Monarch
I think it *is* an abuse - apart from anything else , it basically allows high-level players either to farm the peons for profit or to make life very easy for the chosen few in their own guild - but too many people are too fond of it for you to get them to vote against it.
This was an interesting recent suggestion to tone down the overpowered nature of GBs way out of their era: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ke-high-era-gbs-require-two-lane-roads.34225/

rjs66

Lieutenant
i usually go and have a look at the forge-db / forgestats site when people post ideas about limiting what other players can do , or limiting the use of certain features
the statistics can be very enlightening as to motivations

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I think it *is* an abuse - apart from anything else , it basically allows high-level players either to farm the peons for profit or to make life very easy for the chosen few in their own guild - but too many people are too fond of it for you to get them to vote against it.
This was an interesting recent suggestion to tone down the overpowered nature of GBs way out of their era: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ke-high-era-gbs-require-two-lane-roads.34225/
Find a better guild/friends is all. ;)

In my N-world guild for example, we strive to ensure that anyone who wants a specific GB can get it. We also help every member who's been around for a certain time gain an Arc w/'free' goods to build it!
Again, we're a team - our guild is made stronger when we work together and don't take advantage of fellow guildies and/or try to keep a set barrier between the advanced members and the lower ages members.

If a guild's established members won't help their smaller members to grow, then that's just building a toxic environment & is a clear sign that such a guild should be abandoned the second you can find a new home in a good guild. ;)

DeletedUser112892

Okay, my opinion. Why to drag out players who are camping in lower ages from doing so? Every player can have every GB, no matter which age you are in. It is just about effort.
Those who consider that players who have higher age GBs in their cities have unfair advantage, no, they don't have unfair advantage.
Could those players who rush eras camp in one age and get higher age GBs? Yes. Why didn't they do it? Because they think that main point is to push the tech tree with maximum effort and when they see consequences, then they complain about those players who camped in one age and gathered certain amount of higher age GBs and pushed them to certain level.
So, my personal opinion is that GBs should stay as they are.

Vesiger

Monarch
In my N-world guild for example, we strive to ensure that anyone who wants a specific GB can get it. We also help every member who's been around for a certain time gain an Arc w/'free' goods to build it
That's my point (I'm in the Future Era; I'm one of the people giving out Arc goods!)
You can either run a business selling goods on global chat for whatever you can get out of it, or you can massively favouritise the people in your own guild. It gives a lot of extra power to high-level players via something that's basically a loophole.
It doesn't take a lot of work to get Great Buildings ; it just takes powerful friends.

For what it's worth, I've never 'bought' a GB for Forge Points (as a mobile player, I don't have access to global chat, for one thing), and I've never built a GB that required goods more than one Age away from my own. I got my Arc through trading and polivation, just like the first players to get them (the ones who are now sitting at the top of the tech tree).
I don't remember finding it a great handicap, so I'm naturally sceptical about the idea that this exploit is vital to gameplay...