• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Disallow deletion of GBs where donations are in progress

DeletedUser97590

Proposal: Do not allow deletion of GB's where FP's donations are in progress, until the next level is reached and players receive their rewards.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes

Reason:

All of a sudden one of the players on my friends list deleted all the buildings in her/his town.
Nothing strange until here. Only that I had contributed some 20-25 FPs to that building and now this all vanished.
To my knowledge there have been changes made in the past to make sure that a player can not end the friendship with another player who was contributing to her/his GB.
Looks like something has to be done about players who decide to call it a day and leave their friends empty handed. Imagine contributing tens or hundreds of FPs to a GB and then get no reward. Not fair.

Details:
Do not allow deletion of GB's where FP's donations are in progress, until the next level is reached and players receive their rewards in order to avoid loss of FPs and awards for friendly players.

Visual Aids: None

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Do not allow deletion of GB's where FP's donations are in progress, until the next level is reached and players receive their rewards.

DeletedUser13082

For this idea to work it would require a player to use a delete function which blocks others from being able to donate to that building once it has levelled up. Otherwise a player may level up the great building and then instantly add more FP to the following level meaning the player who owns the GB would have to wait again until the next level was achieved.

With that option being included in the idea it is a +1 from me :)

DeletedUser7719

I think the better option would be just once you confirm that you are selling your GB, a message will pop up and say: "Your GB is going to be sold once it reaches it's next level", and it should still be possible to cancel this (selling the GB) if needed ;)

+1 from me :)

DeletedUser15432

I think the better option would be just once you confirm that you are selling your GB, a message will pop up and say: "Your GB is going to be sold once it reaches it's next level", and it should still be possible to cancel this (selling the GB) if needed ;)

+1 from me :)

Personally, I agree with Byeordie's interpretation of this idea and under that proviso I give it +1

DeletedUser4800

For this idea to work it would require a player to use a delete function which blocks others from being able to donate to that building once it has levelled up. Otherwise a player may level up the great building and then instantly add more FP to the following level meaning the player who owns the GB would have to wait again until the next level was achieved.

With that option being included in the idea it is a +1 from me :)

+1 with this option

DeletedUser3157

Not gonna happen. In past people were pushing for a feature to give donators back his donated FPs to inventory if owner of GB delites it mid-level. They were told to suck it up, bad luck, but not gonna happen. So going any further with this to actually block GB-delition aint gonna happen. It's my town, and if I wanna delite my GB, I should be able to. And if I wanna be an ass when doing it and wasting a lot of peoples FPs, I have that right as well.

DeletedUser97590

Thanks for the positive additions to this idea, indeed it needs a slight tweaking and I highly appreciate your input.

Not gonna happen. In past people were pushing for a feature to give donators back his donated FPs to inventory if owner of GB delites it mid-level. They were told to suck it up, bad luck, but not gonna happen. So going any further with this to actually block GB-delition aint gonna happen. It's my town, and if I wanna delite my GB, I should be able to. And if I wanna be an ass when doing it and wasting a lot of peoples FPs, I have that right as well.

So you are fine with others helping you level up your great buildings however you reserve yourself the right to be an ass and spit on them for their help, very constructive, a real support for a society.

The game developers insist on the social interaction aspect of this game, as such they should make sure that this aspect is not jeopardized by views as the one expressed by hint, otherwise we are turning the game into a PVP game and lose the peaceful cooperation aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

I was just expressing the view point staff had on this issue last time it was brought up jano. I personally think it would be more fair if FPs were returned to donators, just like they are when the GB gets delited by mods for cheating. But it doesn't seem like how they want it playing out and although unfair, I can see the logic behind that as well.

DeletedUser13082

I was just expressing the view point staff had on this issue last time it was brought up jano. I personally think it would be more fair if FPs were returned to donators, just like they are when the GB gets delited by mods for cheating. But it doesn't seem like how they want it playing out and although unfair, I can see the logic behind that as well.

I don't think FP return would ever work as people could abuse the system that way by simply putting all of their normal FP into a GB in order to turn them into FP packs so they can then save them up. Also agree as I saw the last time this was bought up and I saw the mod responses but all the same I agree with this idea.

DeletedUser97590

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for being to harsh on your previous comment. My bad.
If this is the support staff's position then it it is funny cause it is opposed to what the game philosophy is. Talk about a product with the wrong support orientation, or a support team that doesn't get the idea behind the product, both cases apply.

DeletedUser97590

I don't think FP return would ever work as people could abuse the system that way by simply putting all of their normal FP into a GB in order to turn them into FP packs so they can then save them up. Also agree as I saw the last time this was bought up and I saw the mod responses but all the same I agree with this idea.

Interesting, however wouldn't that be counterproductive?
First, why contribute to your own GB when other players are open to do it if you contribute to theirs?
Second, deleting a GB costs you all it's development costs plus you lose sometimes valuable benefits.
Third, my proposal is in order to avoid 3rd parties being damaged by players who try to abuse the system, and only third party players should be protected by it.
Fourth, no need to return FPs as long as the GB can not be deleted before reaching the next level.

I am hopeful there will be a positive outcome to what is a loophole in the game's flow.

DeletedUser13082

Interesting, however wouldn't that be counterproductive?
First, why contribute to your own GB when other players are open to do it if you contribute to theirs?
Second, deleting a GB costs you all it's development costs plus you lose sometimes valuable benefits.
Third, my proposal is in order to avoid 3rd parties being damaged by players who try to abuse the system, and only third party players should be protected by it.
Fourth, no need to return FPs as long as the GB can not be deleted before reaching the next level.

I am hopeful there will be a positive outcome to what is a loophole in the game's flow.

I was referring to having an agreement with another player, put an easy GB up such as babel, donate a ton of time earned FP to the GB and then player deletes GB and you get those FP back in packages rather than having them sit stale on the FP bar. A lot of players who have finished tech tree, including myself, begin saving FP packs after in order to have enough to get through the new era/age as quickly as possible when it is released. To have FP's returned would open a window for those players to be able to turn their stale FP's into FP packages. Also the cost in goods of a GB such as babel in minimal and isn't really relevant to players who have mass amounts of goods.

Also, I agree with the first idea of the GB not being able to be deleted until it levels which was mentioned in my first post :)

DeletedUser3157

U know there is also another way to lose ur FPs - player who u donate into decides to quit via disconnecting all his buildings. Nothing u can do then also, seen it happen plenty of times.

And btw Death, I don't think it would be viable to build/raze GBs over again just to stock FPs because earlier levels can give only so little profit in return. In lvl9 or smth it would yeah sure seem nice, but u gotta get that GB to that stage in first place. So we are speaking about building and then razing GBs just to stock few dozen FPs each time - u'd quickly run out of BPs and goods :P

DeletedUser13082

U know there is also another way to lose ur FPs - player who u donate into decides to quit via disconnecting all his buildings. Nothing u can do then also, seen it happen plenty of times.

And btw Death, I don't think it would be viable to build/raze GBs over again just to stock FPs because earlier levels can give only so little profit in return. In lvl9 or smth it would yeah sure seem nice, but u gotta get that GB to that stage in first place. So we are speaking about building and then razing GBs just to stock few dozen FPs each time - u'd quickly run out of BPs and goods :P

Very true, hadn't accounted for the small rewards at low levels lol. Also had that happen to myself on H world when pakarand decided to run off cause he couldn't save the guild haha :p (A sly dig, I know)

DeletedUser97590

You were donating those forge points, which means that you had no obligations to him. Next time please donate to people who you trust.

Trust first needs to be built, and for that there has to be an interaction first.
In our society interactions are built within a universally accepted frame based on common sense and laws (which laws translate to rules in a virtual environment like the FoE game).
Therefor there is nothing wrong to ask to improve the framework of the game to improve building up relationships of trust between players.
Food for thought.

DeletedUser6065

Very true, hadn't accounted for the small rewards at low levels lol. Also had that happen to myself on H world when pakarand decided to run off cause he couldn't save the guild haha :p (A sly dig, I know)

I was wondering what was going on w/ Pack. I have some FP's tied up there myself. . . . mk

Surge

Brigadier-General
Actually, no. Why not change it to something like, I don't know... Say, if you sell your GB, then whatever positions people had get the rewards immediately, and then the GB gets deleted?

I had a Lv 10 DC. Ok, it was lv 10, but what if it was in progress to lv 10? It's lv 9, and I realize that I could utilize those 49 squares in a much more productive manner. Why restrict my city size?

And there is an even worse situation! If a GB is stagnant for months now, but there's a BP leech in it (someone who donates 1 point just to reap the rewards)? Why get punished for the action of a leech?

DeletedUser97590

Good points Surge.
I am all for having at least the FP returned to those who had donated them if the GB is deleted.
The issue is with the current situation when you might have donated 100+ FPs and get nothing if the GB is deleted. This is not what the game philosophy is about, and that is interaction between players.

DeletedUser7719

Hmm...

How about you can delete a GB anytime you want, and the top five players will get the fraction of the rewards from the fraction the GB that was already completed. For example, pretend this is the donations already given:

Alcatraz - Level 6 (220/440)
1st place - donated 150fp
2nd place - donated 30fp
3rd place - donated 20fp
(Owner - donated 10fp)
4th place - donated 7fp
5th place - donated 2fp
6th place - donated 1fp

If the player sold his GB now, 1-5th would get half of their normal reward they are suppose to get since the GB is halfway completed.

EDIT: Everything will round so if you have .5 of a blueprint, it will round up to 1 blueprint. If you are suppose to get 22 forge points, you will earn 20 FP to keep things even with the 5 and 10 packages.