• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Disable the ability for others to polish decorations

• Thread starter DeletedUser12149
  • Start date

DeletedUser15155

You'll get plenty of use for the decorations when the Easter Event comes :D

DeletedUser14782

Looks like you're still consistent. What I put the link up for is to say that this would be falling under the "make yourself richer" by forcing people to do something useful to your city.
I totally agree with you.

DeletedUser

It's not necessarily falls under the "make yourself richer" clause, because he can always choose not to place them at all, to the same effect. If anything it's the other way around, people want to use decoration to make their city prettier and don't want to be penalized for that decision.(on top of decoration being less efficient than cultural)

Anyway, I am still on the fence with this one.

DeletedUser

I read through the entire long thread, but I didn't see any one mention this simple fact:

When a player is on vacation, and he has disabled polishing for his decorations, then he does not provide guildmates or neighborhoods with opportunities to do anything in his city.

And when a player has only a few buildings, in the beginning stages, they might also run the risk of having nothing at all to polish or motivate, if their decorations were unpolishable.

I never polish decorations intentionally, no matter what, but I do understand when someone is hunting for BPs, and they can't yet afford to donate to the existing GBs, that they depend on a variety of polishable buildings.

I have also heard of players that have put up graciously several decorations of the various ages just to give people a shot at getting BPs from different ages, because they did not need too much extra happiness.

Someone in my guild even suggested that people do this, to increase the chances of getting the needed blueprints. I put them up, but took them down later, perhaps because no one dared to polish the guild leader's hedges, I think, and they were just taking up space.

Just wanted to throw some other sides into this, so the originator of the idea doesn't just think that people are just opposed to something new. I think it is just that sometimes we see things from one side, and have ideas which we assume would be helpful to everyone, but maybe from other points of view, the benefit is much less apparent, or even non-existent.