• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Difficulty of Event is far too much in Bronze Age.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Just a metion, perhaps not really on target for the OP but...
I have two cities one in VF and one in IA.
So far I have had no problems with this event in either Era and is only marginally behind in IA.
I have already gotten a level 7 mill in both Eras and got it on the same day.
But yea IA is not BA.

Perhaps it is worth to remember that FoE is a long term game experience and so everybody that joined in the middle of this Event or whom were just around the BA will have a better Event next time. Events are coming up all year round with only a few real breaks, so there will be plenty to win and to prepare for.

Last edited:

DeletedUser115027

Sorry I reject your proposal based on the fact that it's illogical to go up an age during an event, since it slows the player down.
So you complain that completing the event in BA is too difficult, yet you don't want to advance to IA where it is easier because it would... slow you down?

...what

DeletedUser110620

This did make me laugh. Like you would have a clue where I am with the event. I appreciate your upset others aren't in agreement with you but please keep your delusions to your own game and not mine.

Ah sorry I was confusing you with SirFrancis.

DeletedUser110620

Now for a quick update and later clarity on what it is that I am pointing to and questioning the difficulty.

FalllQuestWaiting.jpg
So update is simple. Catching up was easy to do.

Selection of one of the three final mills is possible. But I'm waiting to see if better suited daily prizes appear, before I earn the mill upgrade.

For the record the FoE Fan Club says this is 11 days in this new world.

Finally thank you all for the support and general interest you all have shown. It's been great to see.

To clarify, it is only one aspect of the quests I am criticising, and that is the way several different quest conspire to force BA players to use the continent map to battle.

Many of you have suggested to go up an age, which is illogical because the overall time spent on the quest itself is a HUGE concern for me. I am very lucky to have had as much time as I have had to look at this new world, so maybe it would have been possible, but only in hindsight. Moving to IA would have seen all the requirement for the quest increase, and therefor be more involved, and time consuming.

So bring on your barrage of comments, but do consider;
What if the game was forcing you to battle the continent map above your means? The alternatives include giving goods above your age to the treasury or researching deep in the quest line to the next era (of which many of you were proposing this by suggesting moving to IA to do PvP battles.)

The quests went by so quickly and easily when they were not forcing battles. These are two polar opposites in difficulty and should have attention drawn to it, because it is a complete and utter change in the way the quest feels and behaves along the experience from a player with limited options;

- in this case some were hard limits, (like with winning 5 battles without loosing). Player who has progressed to the end of the IA can gamble on winning battles with PvP, for a BA player they have to do it on the continent map. If they loose too many battles on the continent map, they will eventually discover a difficulty which is too hard.

- some were time concerns (like how long would it take for a BA player to get 150 IA goods to donate to the Treasury.) So the alternative of battles seemed logical.

How exactly was I supposed to know that I would be waiting for the quests 6 days before the events end?

It is only fair that I point out to the community that some aspects of the quest are disproportionately far more involved for a BA and IA player than they are for players of different eras. When most of you decided to call me a camper on my 2nd day in the world as a BA player it became a little more important that I show you exactly how wrong you are. But my recommendation is, for a player of any age, facing any issues with resource management is defiantly to stay in the era they are in and build themselves up!!!! It's even more important during an event, because each era one goes up, the more difficult it is to fulfil the events quests. Thus taking more time, and increasing the risk of losing out on the good rewards the event offers. The applies to BA players too, as it's totally possible to do the events quicker and easier from BA.

Agent327

Overlord
It is only fair that I point out to the community that some aspects of the quest are disproportionately far more involved for a BA and IA player than they are for players of different eras.

Except ofcourse FOR THE FACT they are rather easy for a IA player.

When most of you decided to call me a camper on my 2nd day in the world as a BA player it became a little more important that I show you exactly how wrong you are.

You still haven't. You only showed how wrong you are :D

DeletedUser111359

Hmmm. Forced battles you say?

That's odd. I am all caught up, and have fought exactly none for the event. Not on any of the 5 worlds I play.

And switching Era's in the middle of the event isn't so bad either. On En3 I switched from HMA to CA, skipping right past LMA, on day 2 of the Fall Event. Slowed me down for a few days, but I'm all caught up now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110620

And switching Era's in the middle of the event isn't so bad either. On En3 I switched from HMA to CA, skipping right past LMA, on day 2 of the Fall Event. Slowed me down for a few days, but I'm all caught up now.

But my recommendation is, for a player of any age, facing any issues with resource management is defiantly to stay in the era they are in and build themselves up!!!!

Context dude. Get it right before talking.

DeletedUser110620

index.php

Hmmm. Forced battles you say?

That's odd. I am all caught up, and have fought exactly none for the event. Not on any of the 5 worlds I play.

By definition, if GE isn't available during BA, then yes the alternative is the only choice... Or did you want me to hold up the quest line for a week while I find a guild and get myself into Iron Age?

True nothing it truly *Forced* but it always comes down to a case of time. It's effectivly a forced situation.

I could repeat at least one other situation that sparked this, as on the second day (was it even the second, might have been the first day,) I was given a quest wich asked for Iron Age goods to go to the treasury. Again, it would have taken far too long for a BA player just starting a city to save 70 IA goods, likewise later was a challenge with 150 Goods for the treasury. *Forced* is just an apropriate expression, and not a fixed fact. as the 220 IA goods would have, alone been enough to place the event far enough back, the amount I'm ahead now on the quest may not have been enough.

DeletedUser112892

The catch is that you can solve those 5 encounters without fighting. The lower the GE difficulty, the easier it is.

DeletedUser99588

By definition, if GE isn't available during BA, then yes the alternative is the only choice... Or did you want me to hold up the quest line for a week while I find a guild and get myself into Iron Age?

True nothing it truly *Forced* but it always comes down to a case of time. It's effectivly a forced situation.

I could repeat at least one other situation that sparked this, as on the second day (was it even the second, might have been the first day,) I was given a quest which asked for Iron Age goods to go to the treasury. Again, it would have taken far too long for a BA player just starting a city to save 70 IA goods, likewise later was a challenge with 150 Goods for the treasury. *Forced* is just an apropriate expression, and not a fixed fact. as the 220 IA goods would have, alone been enough to place the event far enough back, the amount I'm ahead now on the quest may not have been enough.

It doesn't take a week to complete BA or find a guild. You may choose to delay that long for other reasons like doing repeat quests in BA because they can be done more frequently. Again that is your choice and a situation of your own making. The opportunity to progress and make certain quests easier is there should you desire to do it that way. Maybe they make other quests a little more difficult but who said it should be easy.

I'm fairly certain those quests for donating to treasury had alternatives like fighting :) What you don't mention is the things that are easier in BA like recruiting troops of your age and the building quests which are dirt cheap in BA. All the motivating/polishing quests are very easy as your not normally settled into a particular guild at that stage and can jump from one to another to accomplish them immediately rather than waiting. Scouting a province takes relatively no time whatsoever compared to later ages.

So some things are easier and some more difficult. Pretty much the same as every other age in the game.

Agent327

Overlord

You really "get" the game. While it takes you a week to find a Guild, I will start one with a few clicks. Getting to IA does not take a week either. All you do is whine about something that you are creating yourself.

DeletedUser110620

What you don't mention is the things that are easier in BA like recruiting troops of your age and the building quests which are dirt cheap in BA.
It's even more important during an event, because each era one goes up, the more difficult it is to fulfil the events quests.

EDIT: That's actually a bit part of my decision making. Something I have repeated constantly through the posts. Finally realise that people who say "oh I completed event X in a new world and won the main prize with 30 minutes left..." Well they may have been ahead of the quest if they would have stayed back and completed the BA versions of the quest.

And so that is what I've been trying to get through to all those naysayer the entire time. Along with a general correction that it's not the whole quest line I am concerned with, just some aspects.

DeletedUser110620

You really "get" the game. While it takes you a week to find a Guild, I will start one with a few clicks. Getting to IA does not take a week either. All you do is whine about something that you are creating yourself.
Being that it only begins once a week, it would mean delaying the quest. Lets for argument sake, take the average 3.5 days. Then after 3.5 days it could take half a day to start it, so 4 days. Sorry for being such a generalist on the whole situation. But given that I have only caught up with 6 days left. The difficulty meeting the FP requirements on those last quests (and that the FP and production quotas increase for the quests in IA) It really could have cost time and it may have been impossible to catch up at all on the quest. So therefor in the greater scheme of thing, it would have costs a total of 6 or 7 days. Days I did not have.

DeletedUser99588

You can't have your cake and eat it firestormfury. It can't all be made easy just for you. Some quests in BA are easier to complete than other ages and some are harder. That is true for all ages and I don't see why things should be changed to make it even easier for one particular age. You've proved the quests can be completed so defeated your own argument.

DeletedUser110620

You can't have your cake and eat it firestormfury. It can't all be made easy just for you. Some quests in BA are easier to complete than other ages and some are harder. That is true for all ages and I don't see why things should be changed to make it even easier for one particular age. You've proved the quests can be completed so defeated your own argument.

I've not reached the point of arguing that the quests themselves should be changed. If you would read into what I'm asking for, you will find something very different. I'm asking for access to more battles in BA, and an alternative to donating to treasuries since they block BA goods.

DeletedUser97166

I've not reached the point of arguing that the quests themselves should be changed. If you would read into what I'm asking for, you will find something very different. I'm asking for access to more battles in BA, and an alternative to donating to treasuries since they block BA goods.
Just be thankful that research is no longer a main part of event story lines, meaning people who do not wish to advance had to completely disregard the events completely.
Although I do agree the limited amount of fighting now allowed in Bronze Age is a little extreme, especially when it wasn't always like that. When I first started playing the game you could fight neighbours straight away.
That being said this is a game meant to make you want to advance, and Bronze Age is not typically one players normally sit in for long.

Agent327

Overlord
Being that it only begins once a week, it would mean delaying the quest. Lets for argument sake, take the average 3.5 days. Then after 3.5 days it could take half a day to start it, so 4 days. Sorry for being such a generalist on the whole situation. But given that I have only caught up with 6 days left. The difficulty meeting the FP requirements on those last quests (and that the FP and production quotas increase for the quests in IA) It really could have cost time and it may have been impossible to catch up at all on the quest. So therefor in the greater scheme of thing, it would have costs a total of 6 or 7 days. Days I did not have.

You keep coming up with arguments that do not hold. You are not a starting player. You know what to expect and where to go beforehand to see what the quests will be. You act as if you are representing new players, but you are not. New players will not camp. They do not even know what it is.

DeletedUser110620

Although I do agree the limited amount of fighting now allowed in Bronze Age is a little extreme, especially when it wasn't always like that. When I first started playing the game you could fight neighbours straight away.

Thanks for the comment, it's been such a long time for me too, I kind of remember some neighbour interactions like attacking and plundering in BA, but I wasn't sure if my memory was faulty. So I am very very thankful that you pointed that out. I kind of get the point of maybe blocking plundering until a particular point in the game... But those players are getting to the end of Iron Age without knowing what a City Defence is, or which units to use. I've seen players in IA with Traz and Offensive buildings, even a TA. So they go from knowing nothing, to being easy pickings.

It would be good if players in BA and early IA could get some practice with setting up a city defence... As someone who tries to take care of guild members, it is a concern which is raised, and it then takes a lot of time to explain not just the city defence, but then the whole practice of avoiding being plundered. So in my opinion there would be two points for bringing back the ability to attack neighbours in BA/IA without plundering after. Maybe with a reward for successful defence! :)