• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Different level of magnification

• Thread starter DeletedUser17180
  • Start date

DeletedUser17180

Has this been already suggested?

Like the title says.
I think it's a good idea to have various level of magnification. Our cities expand as we advance, and a single zoom-out level cannot display all the city area. Most of the time, we'll be dragging the map around, and since the buildings get bigger after each era, I think giving a third zoom-out option wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. We could even have 5 levels of magnification, if that's not a problem.

What do you think?

DeletedUser

I would support a zoom out to view the whole landscape; it would be nice to appreciate the whole city from afar. Although the image below isn't the full landscape, it gives an idea of what it would look like.

FoE Landscape 640 x 320.jpg

DeletedUser17180

The reason why I think there's only 2 zoom levels is because of the lack of anti-aliasing option in flash players for images. Every component in FoE is image-based, and by zooming out, we're basically making the dimensions of the images smaller. And since flash player lacks anti-aliasing, the result would be ugly, pixely interface. I'm guessing InnoGames made two different versions of the same image for the zoom-in and zoom-out, hence leaving us with only 2 zoom levels. And this is basically the only reason why I mentioned a 3D version of the game on my last thread. 3D interfaces manage image anti-aliasing pretty well.
Making vector based objects/assets would be a common suggestion, but I'm guessing that the developers wanted to remain authentic with the looks, and clearly this has restricted certain functional aspects of a game.

Also, is the game really in beta?