• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

didn't see that one coming, did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

set a quest to find 2 of everything, everybody leaps to the market.

server crashes with market requests. :eek:

tracey
hindsight is a great teacher :)

DeletedUser10135

I was also told we have to produce 2 of each resources from our city's current age

I then built factories for nothing.

Actually I just had to accept 5 market offers without having to create offers myself. That's the point of manufacturing expensive CA goods ;)

Just provide advanced ages goods to some market offers, whatever ratio they have. The prurpose is to complete the quest even if we're disadvantaged in that trade

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Offer 2 bronze age goods for any other goods (4 colonial age is good as no-one will accept the trade - or if they do you get a nice bonus)... then cancel the trade. Repeat for all the other BA goods and quest done.

DeletedUser

then cancel the trade. Repeat for all the other BA goods and quest done.

sneaky but it only works if you kept a supply of bronze age goods. and to think somebody was calling me stupid for having a lumberyard & vineyard in a CA city... :D

DeletedUser3157

sneaky but it only works if you kept a supply of bronze age goods. and to think somebody was calling me stupid for having a lumberyard & vineyard in a CA city... :D

Well, I actually keep a supply of bronze age goods. I keep supply of about 100-200 of all goods just for emergencies and to help people out etc. But this does not mean ur lumberyard makes any more sense in a CA town when u can produce 24x more times lumber with a CA goods building and then trading down :P

DeletedUser

I created these trades:
2 stone for 2 lumber
2 lumber for 2 marble
2 marble for 2 dye
2 dye for 2 wine
2 wine for 2 stone

C'mon! Everyone has at least 2 of these =p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

you only need one, just follow martynius' (first) post twice. Unfortunately, I had zero wine, but that was covered quick

DeletedUser7476

Offer 2 bronze age goods for any other goods (4 colonial age is good as no-one will accept the trade - or if they do you get a nice bonus)... then cancel the trade. Repeat for all the other BA goods and quest done.

It worked like a charm, thanks a lot. Though this one must have been easy for most, it was driving me nuts, and I still don't fully understand it, but never mind, it's done.

DeletedUser

How it works:
You put 2 Bronze Age goods from your Stockpile into the Market. (Whenever you create a trade, the goods that are shown in your Stockpile (seen by clicking your Townhall) are taken and put into the Market. Because you can't use what you're trying to trade away, ofcourse.)
Then you cancel the Market trade, which places the 2 goods from the Market back into your Stockpile. The system registers this as 'gaining goods', so the quest registers it.

- L

Status
Not open for further replies.