• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Diamonds

jOHN A1

Private
I a new player and I find the lack of diamonds a thing that will force me to quite the game I have already seen many people leave the game and it not hard to guess why, 3 1 I am a pensioner so do not spend money on games 2 do not ask friends to play a game that uses our money to play, 3 have never seen a game that cuts you out of parts of game if not pay money,but I guess will kept playing until can not go any further thank you

You can easily play the game without spending money on it. Many players do, and they make just as much progress as players who pay to play, albeit a little slower perhaps.
There's nothing in the game that forces you to pay, and you're not cut out of any parts of the game if you don't pay.

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
You do NOT need to buy diamonds. There are various ways to earn diamonds for free.

I currently have over 24'000 diamonds. I had more, but I spent some on expansions. I earned them all through playing the game, I never bought any with money.

Emberguard

Legend
There is no part of the game you can’t access without diamonds. Which aspects are you struggling with? If you can tell us that we can inform you of how to complete those functions without diamonds

legend9182

Major-General
I a new player and I find the lack of diamonds a thing that will force me to quite the game I have already seen many people leave the game and it not hard to guess why, 3 1 I am a pensioner so do not spend money on games 2 do not ask friends to play a game that uses our money to play, 3 have never seen a game that cuts you out of parts of game if not pay money,but I guess will kept playing until can not go any further thank you
There are ways to get alot of diamond as a free 2 play player

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
As mentioned above, absolutely no reason to spend money if you do not want to - you spend money ONLY if you want to do things faster. FoE, at its core, is a game that is played over time - quite a long time. Take it slow, enjoy and try to learn what is happening - use the various guides or help and hints found around the 'net, or even here, and just expect that nothing will be done quickly, as it is not meant to be quick. And do not move too far ahead in the game (i.e. move fast), or you will find yourself stuck until you catch up to where you are.

suethegreat

Captain
You do NOT need to buy diamonds. There are various ways to earn diamonds for free.

I currently have over 24'000 diamonds. I had more, but I spent some on expansions. I earned them all through playing the game, I never bought any with money.
Have you therefore been playing over 7 years? Established players can build up huge diamond reserves sadly newer players don't always realise how long the game has been going and don't realise there is no instant gratification.

Naturally as a business Inno don't really want people to play for free nor make it easy to do so as that is a bad business model. Diamonds really come into their own during events when sometimes a small spend can get you out of trouble and gain a final building level however even doing events is tough for newer players. As said patience, dont rush to age up beyond Iron Age when most features are obtained, build up reserves then in GE you may start winning diamonds.
Being a pensioner means you have years of experience to master some of the strategy in the game including cultural settlements. Master build and delete and get the buzz of beating the game. (little example Egypt 1 built every military building then quickly only used 2 archers and finally didnt even keep the pyramid up and still beat the timer) FOE keeps the brain active :)

Ronnie54

Private
There is no part of the game you can’t access without diamonds. Which aspects are you struggling with? If you can tell us that we can inform you of how to complete those functions without diamonds
I am in the post modern era and the daily quest requires diamonds to do a negotiation, as well as the event quest has the same negotiation that requires diamonds. Without diamonds you can not complete the quests. So, there is parts of the game you can not do without diamonds and getting diamonds without buying them is next to impossible as I have probably got less than 150 diamonds from the game in a year and a half of playing.

Shad23

Emperor
I am in the post modern era and the daily quest requires diamonds to do a negotiation, as well as the event quest has the same negotiation that requires diamonds. Without diamonds you can not complete the quests. So, there is parts of the game you can not do without diamonds and getting diamonds without buying them is next to impossible as I have probably got less than 150 diamonds from the game in a year and a half of playing.
If you have enough goods you don't need diamonds to negotiate just by doing GE lvl 4 every week on my main world + GbG and collecting my small diamond farm on korch i get around 150 diamonds per week eather your not playing the game fully or your doing something wrong or i'm plane lucky but am sure others get a lot more then me per week

Knight of ICE

Only reason you have to use diamonds is cause you do not have enough goods to do the negotiations. It has nothing to do with the era you are in. You are the perfect exanmple of a player that has been rushing the game and has been making the wrong choices. You can do the game, without having to spend diamonds, but not the way you are doing it.

suethegreat

Captain
You have to use diamonds in negotiations if you do not guess correctly in 4 tries (using tavern boost for GE) or in 4 allocated tries (or 3) in daily challenges, Japan or event quests. Having all the goods in the world will not allow you to escape the 10 diamond 'fee' for extra goes until you guess right. In GE you can lose an attempt and start again or skip a daily. In events you have to complete the required negotiations to progress although there is usually an alternative quest option like battles. Ronnie is correct you need diamonds if you are unsuccessful within the allotted negotiation attempts. Obtaining diamonds to cover this cost without a purchase is another matter and also down to luck. Wells and FOY have reduced % chance of diamonds. Doing up to GE4 every week again does not guarantee winning diamonds or you end up spending almost all you win to get round, not everyone enjoys battles. There are different game styles rather than right or wrong. Play for free needs a lot of time, several cities and dedication.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
You have to use diamonds in negotiations if you do not guess correctly in 4 tries (using tavern boost for GE) or in 4 allocated tries (or 3) in daily challenges, Japan or event quests. Play for free needs a lot of time, several cities and dedication.
You still do not HAVE to use diamonds for anything. Just end the negotiation and start over again. There is no issue with that at all. Saying you 'have' to use diamonds in any of your examples is purely false IF you did not also have the option to start over again. The only reason to HAVE to use diamonds, is if you did not have any other options - but FoE has other options to use (which is primarily to start over).
Play for free also absolutely does not require a lot of extra time, or additional cities. If anything, I wish that the diamonds earned on other worlds could not be used on any city on the account, as the diamonds are quite plentiful (as compared to most other games). The speed and timing of the design of FoE is very well balanced for the long term player. Diamonds are primarily a tool to use to make things quicker - but really, to start another negotiation over is just a few more seconds (maybe a whole minute). Just like any game that offers a premium currency type - decide for your own use what the best use is for it - but regardless, it definitely is not a requirement to do negotiations (it is a choice, but not a 'have to use').

3 have never seen a game that cuts you out of parts of game if not pay money
You have not played many MMORPG's, most are pay to win.
As others above have pointed out FOE can be easily played without buying diamonds, however you need to keep in-mind that online games have staff that need to be payed. :rolleyes:

Emberguard

Legend
You still do not HAVE to use diamonds for anything. Just end the negotiation and start over again. There is no issue with that at all. Saying you 'have' to use diamonds in any of your examples is purely false IF you did not also have the option to start over again. The only reason to HAVE to use diamonds, is if you did not have any other options - but FoE has other options to use (which is primarily to start over).
Yeah, Diamonds in negotiations are the "do-not-lose yet" option, but are not actually needed for negotiations.

When you open a negotiation there will be a number under each good. x/x. The right number is how many you have in inventory, the left number is how much it costs to take a turn

If the number on the right is less than the number on the left then you'll need diamonds to purchase the difference in goods required

If you want to not need diamonds, multiply the left number by 5 and ensure you have that amount of each good prior to starting the negotiation. This will ensure you've covered the worst case scenario of all spots being the same good required

suethegreat

Captain
ok i stand corrected however by giving up and not using diamonds you lose goods and have to start over assuming you still have attempts left and assuming you get it right the next time. Sometimes in negs only 1 good is left to select and if that is a diamond option then spending 10 is better than starting over. Giving up is also not an option if servicing a challenge of 'complete x negotiations without losing'.

Knight of ICE

ok i stand corrected however by giving up and not using diamonds you lose goods and have to start over assuming you still have attempts left and assuming you get it right the next time.

Why on earth would you start the negotiation? At the start you can see how many goods you have and how many goods are asked. It isn't rocket science to figure out you might not have enough goods. If players would pay attention to what they are about to do, we would not get comments like this. Every time someone does not agree with a part of the game he/she has seen many players leave the game because of it. Even if that was true, it only shows "many players" do not have the smarts to play the game.