• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Diamond rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've been in the game for a few days now... and pretty active also.. But there is something I don't get about some player that all of a sudden increased their points and developed using diamonds --- thousands of diamonds ---- in just a few hours I saw a few players developed by researching and having buildings by using the diamond system, they are like on steroids. Now I wonder ... are they some sort of admins or testers ... testing the game ahead... or what? I mean... it kinda makes me not so eager to play the game and be so active when I see all these steroids-developed players. And another thing that I find it very very stupid is the PvP system when all you have to do to be a champion is to be the first one that has a 1 type of soldier from an age that the others didn't discovered yet.... and there you go YOU ARE THE CHAMPION AND WIN MEDALS.... WHILE THE OTHER SUCKERS HAVE TO FIGHT AND BE ACTIVE 7 DAYS TO GET THE ACHIEVEMENT.
So for the diamond system, the game should have a limit per day, and for the PvP system... it is obvious and common sense what needs to be done. I understand if someone should get some reward for researching ahead of the others a new age or a new type of soldier, but don't just give medals because of 1 lazy fight.

-----Just my 2 cents (so far) ---

DeletedUser1081

i don't know what to say about the players gone diamond-mad,
but you may find this thread about the Tournament Towers enlightening:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1280-PvP-Tourny-Troop-Problem
the battles in the tournament aren't "PvP" - those aren't other players' troops your facing.
the only thing "PvP" about is that we're competing with each other for high scores,
but we're all facing the same warrors+archers (in the Bronze Age tower)

DeletedUser

mink... I understand the so-called pvp mode, I am not saying that I have to fight iron age soldiers, I am saying that the first person that discovered iron age and trained 1 iron age soldier, went to fight in PvP tower of Iron age, won one lazy battle... and he is the champion, while all the others have to fight 7 days to get there.... is it clear now?

DeletedUser1081

yes, it's clear now!

but what would you suggest as a remedy? should the tournaments not open until there's more than one player ready? i think that would be really annoying for whoever is first - being penalized for being faster is never fun.

DeletedUser

no no... it's simple: the tournament should start with the first person that fights, and last for 7 days for all, without having the champion from day 1 only because he fought first.

DeletedUser1081

but ... no one is champion from day one. the medals are awarded at the end of each tournament.
if it's not working that way maybe you need to report it as a bug.

DeletedUser

The first champion in a new age don't get a reward, it's just a way to show who got there first.

DeletedUser

if they don't get the medal for getting there first, than it's ok... maybe it should state that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.