• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Diamond for Supplies/Coins

• Thread starter DeletedUser6939
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6939

Proposal: Add diamond market where we can buy coins or supplies for diamonds.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes, nothing found.

Reason: This would increase your profit and our advancement rate(I guess).

Details: You said for yourself that diamonds are lifeblood of this game, that it gives you money to pay for servers, bills, etc... By adding some market where we cloud spend our diamonds to buy supplies or coins for our needs it would probably increase your profit and our advancement rate, win-win for both sides(Players and Game Staff).

Visual Aids:/

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Only thing that needs to be worried about is how much diamonds you put for recource, for example
1 Diamond for 100 Supplies is too big amount to give for just 1 diamond while
70 diamond for 1000 supplies is exagarreted a little bit, so the catch would be just finding the balance between too small and too big. If you want me to put my ideas about the price i will try it to do it most honestly and fairly for everyone, just say and i will edit this thread immdiately because i have prices already set-up in paper, caculated and ready to be put.

DeletedUser1094

Hi Squadenn... Thanks for your Idea and for using the Template ;)

This post has been edited, due to my misreading/misunderstanding of the idea in the OP.

In my opinion, a game like this has to balance on a small "knife-edge" between play-abillity & Buy-abillity. An idea like this would/could ruin the entire Game-play.

An example:
If you are able to buy coins/supplies, you won't have to build a lot of the buildings like Production-buildings, which means you don't need as many people in your city so you don't need to build housings, and with less citizens comes less need for Happiness, which means fewer cultural buildings... and so on. Which means there will be no need for city-planning because there now is plenty of city-space... which makes the game much easier, and not that playable any more.
And just to tease... I'll put that quote in again :
Dont put up ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

Others might see it differently... but I think Games like these are meant to be played to win, not bought to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6939

Hi Squadenn... Thanks for your Idea and for using the Template ;)

In the thread where you found that Template, in the Top-post was following sentence, regarding any ideas NOT to post :

I guess your proposal, which have been proposed several times in the old Ideas-section, do fall into that quote.

No problem, I was directed into template earlier, and its very useful, it's very rare and smart idea.

No, actually not, none of my ideas said about making MYSELF richer, I was talking about YOU, Reason: This would increase YOUR profit and our advancement.
rate. I did not say:,, Reason: This would increase OUR profit and speed up advancement rate.'' YOURS, not OURS. Also as far as i know, your job would probably be to read suggestion CAREFULLY.

DeletedUser1094

I'm so sorry, I misread/misunderstood your proposal. I have edited my reply... not that it has changed much, though.

DeletedUser4089

I'd just like to point out, 'making yourself richer' doesn't mean with real money. It means making your king/queen etc. richer in-game by making it easy to get coins/supplies/goods/diamonds.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of this and I don't see it being implemented. There's already an in-game feature that does the same thing you suggest, and ties to the current buildings/progress of each user. Using diamonds to boost the production of your buildings.

DeletedUser

Despite the intention to make the Company richer, it still creates a system that makes the player in-game richer and makes the game easier.

So it's against the Idea policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.