• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Developers - please adjust your prorities.

shareshark

Private
You guys and gals really don't get it do you? Nowadays there are more app players than PC players. There is no GvG on the app. There never will be GvG on the app. Now try to figure out what the future of GvG will be.

you are only meaning the fighting/defence side of GvG, to play GvG as a guild you still need donations of Goods, players on the APP can still donate goods and are therefore taking part in GvG, GB's do not always contribute to the correct ages.
GvG is the only part of the whole game that can if done right get a whole guild working together as 1, for the benefit of the whole guild.
it is not completely broken, but does need some work to make it a better part of the whole game.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Slippery slope argument, from publicly available info we also know a vast majority of players are not paying customers (was 9.2% last year), are you expecting Inno to remove paying options from a game?

Out of those 9.2% I believe there is a fair percentage (I do not know exact number) of GvG oriented players paying for diamonds.

Why Inno keeps non-paying customers playing and giving their best to provide a good gaming experience to both? Because of ecosystem, you need non-paying players to maintain a large ecosystem and give paying ones a field where they can/want to spend money.

Even if GvG players are a vast minority (because they are, we know that), so far Inno didn't want to cut it off, my guess is that Inno is aware that they would cut off a sole reason why hundreds or thousands of players are still playing this game, they would lose some numbers of players, they would cut some income from them, but they would also hurt that same ecosystem, because on every single server GvGers are surely one of most active players in terms of time spent in game, they are often well developed, FP/goods rich, helping others, even non-GvGers.

Is Inno going to pull a trigger on GvG? Perhaps, I don't have a crystal ball. But it will be a business decision and a business decision only. To devote developers into fixing GvG is also a business decision that didn't happen yet. To kill it off would be a business decision too.
But killing GvG would be 'shot in their own legs' cause player base would be reduced and game would become boring and paying customers would leave also, i think they arent so crazy to do that.

DeletedUser112017

I have deleted few posts as I promised, please keep this on topic and have in mind that this this thread is not a "flame war" between GvG players and non GvG players, it's for GvGers to request a response from Inno.

Agent while I appreciate your input I feel that you've made your point several times now. I wonder if we could now return to the subject in hand: whether players would like Inno to alter their prorities as I suggested originally (or not).
I tend to agree that there may be reasons why the deveopers are reluctant so to do but I think we've all seen that point now.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I have deleted few posts as I promised, please keep this on topic and have in mind that this this thread is not a "flame war" between GvG players and non GvG players, it's for GvGers to request a response from Inno.
but neo, one question from there should leave cause its strongly related to topic and that is 'What inno expect from us to do with towns wich produce 150+ units per day if they will destroy/wont fix GvG???' let us attack same player infinite number of times? Or attack him 'just 10' times per day or what to do with troops if GvG will stay in this condition?

DeletedUser112017

@Ceban that's in Inno's hands and it's their decision. Only thing we can do is to express our dissatisfaction with current state of GvG, and try to get some answers. But that has to be done without flame wars or going out of the line. We're not here to argue with other players, nor we're here to argue with Inno itself.

No one is happy with this situation, not even in-game moderators, they are surely tired of handing out "known issue" answer, that all of us got numerous times.

DeletedUser112027

Interesting thread.

I am a paying customer. I have been, monthly, since I joined in November. I only do that as my entertainment with one game at a time. For 5 (five) years it was Clash of Clans. I moved on to FoE.

I recently joined a strong guild that has been around for over 3 (3) years with a bunch of excellent players. For the first time ever the guild has engaged in GvG.

It has been a rush. As meantioned above it has brought a new sense of team work, across a world of time zones and work schedules, and, also meantioned above, given rise to non gvg guildies following our progress, encouraging us on, and donating to the treasury.

It’s been fun.

But Agent has the logic of it I fear. It is clearly not a priority for Inno ownership. In one of my first posts here in the international forum, I asked about gvg for mobile. Silence.

Too bad. But that speaks volumes.

To OP? I commend your willingness to ask the question so boldly. Let’s hope there is an answer.

E.

Agent327

Overlord
Agent while I appreciate your input I feel that you've made your point several times now. I wonder if we could now return to the subject in hand: whether players would like Inno to alter their prorities as I suggested originally (or not).
I tend to agree that there may be reasons why the deveopers are reluctant so to do but I think we've all seen that point now.

OP asks that you also respond if you disagree. I disagree. Am I allowed to?

Agent327

Overlord
But Agent has the logic of it I fear. It is clearly not a priority for Inno ownership. In one of my first posts here in the international forum, I asked about gvg for mobile. Silence.

There has been a statement from Inno. As far as I can remember it was on Facebook.They stated it is impossible for them to bring it to mobile.

DeletedUser112017

Agent, thank you for your contribution to this thread, your view is clear on this matter.

Keep thread constructive, avoid flame wars, and by all means, avoid trolling please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Agent, thank you for your contribution to this thread, your view is clear on this matter.

I have absolutely no intention to play with someone trolling, you're hiding behind alternative nick as Agent327 is not GvG player, at least not on EN server, and this forum is related to EN (International) servers. If you do play on some other server, maybe there is a different situation in regard with GvG.

Keep thread constructive, avoid flame wars, and by all means, avoid trolling for the sake of trolling, please.

Doesn't EN (International) servers means all the servers in the FoE world? What does it matter on which world I play GvG. It is all the same everywhere.

I haven't flamed and I am not trolling. I do what the OP has asked. I disagree and I tell why.

You are making this a problem. I am allowed to answer anyone but you. If I answer you, you delete it.

DeletedUser112027

There has been a statement from Inno. As far as I can remember it was on Facebook.They stated it is impossible for them to bring it to mobile.

Huh. I did not know this. That’s unfortunate.

I run mainly on mobile. I’m no programmer or coder. I have a son in Vancouver who is. I’ll have to chat him up with regard to this “impossiblibilty.”

I thought in this age NOTHING was impossible.

But I would like Inno’s clarification on this matter.

E.

DeletedUser100832

That in itself would make the idea unplayable unless we're able to choose specifically which set of units to verse when attacking a hex. If I have to verse for example against a rotating roster of 8 horses or 4 heavies + 4 balistas, then I need to be able to choose which set I'm versing if a retreat is counted as a -1.

If it was simply +1 success, no change on fail then it wouldn't be a problem to have the different armies rotate in defence. Otherwise it'd be next to impossible to fight against a hex with multiple typings in the different DA

Well, that's the whole idea. By cleverly filling DA's, the defending guild could ensure their sector is hard to take.

The attacker, with just the one siege army, will have no such luxury.

1 horse 7 rogue should be able to win against both the combinations you quote me.

DeletedUser112017

Doesn't EN (International) servers means all the servers in the FoE world? What does it matter on which world I play GvG. It is all the same everywhere.

I haven't flamed and I am not trolling. I do what the OP has asked. I disagree and I tell why.

You are making this a problem. I am allowed to answer anyone but you. If I answer you, you delete it.

No, each market (en, us, fr, de... even beta) has their own forums, and to register there you need a game account in that market.

Each market has their own support team, community management team, server locations, even updates aren't rolled out at same time. What's working on EN can be broken on US market, for example.

Thus said, complaints given in this thread are given by active GvGers on EN worlds, you gave your view about this topic and it's not moderated, deleted nor touched. Your subsequent answers are moderated as my judgement is that your only reason to continue opposing everyone else is to wind them up.

Each nickname you can read here represents an active player on one of EN worlds (as that connection between forum and game is a requirement), except yours, you sure are an active forum member, but aren't an active player here. Thus said, you're not experiencing a problem that OP outlined and I find it really cheeky to wind people up from that position.

Mind you, I do know quite a few players that share your view, and that's ok, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as they are sticking to the forum rules.

Agent327

Overlord
No, each market (en, us, fr, de... even beta) has their own forums, and to register there you need a game account in that market. But you know that very well as you're not an active player on EN servers and have an account to be able to write on this forum, right? Or maybe you have multi, if you're implying that - it can be reported and investigated.

Yes each market has their own forum and you know as well as I that everything here happens just a little sooner. If something has to be tried out on a live world this is where it happens. There was a time you did not have to be a player to get an account on the forum, but that is gone, so yes I have an account. Why you imply I must have multi I don't know. I don't need multi.

Each market has their own support team, community management team, server locations, even updates aren't rolled out at same time. What's working on EN can be broken on US market, for example.

No it can't work here and be broken on US. It is all the same system. That things aren't rolled out at the same time is correct. They come here first.

Thus said, complaints given in this thread are given by active GvGers on EN worlds, you gave your view about this topic and it's not moderated, deleted nor touched. Your subsequent answers are moderated as my judgement is that your only reason to continue opposing everyone else is to wind them up.

You are a moderator. You should be impartial and not judge on what you believe, but on what you see. I am not breaking any rules. I am not tyrying to wind anyone up. I am trying to make them see how useless their quest is.

Each nickname you can read here represents an active player on one of EN worlds (as that connection between forum and game is a requirement), except yours, you sure are an active forum member, but aren't an active player here. Thus said, you're not experiencing a problem that OP outlined and I find it really cheeky to wind people up from that position.

Nowhere in the TOS or the Rules does it say you have to be an active player on this particular world. It does not even say you have to be a player to access this forum. Fact that you went through all those worlds to look me up and see what I do shows how impartial you are. You are a FORUM moderator. Judge me on folowing the rules, not on how or where I play.

Mind you, I do know quite a few players that share your view, and that's ok, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as they aren't using that opinion to troll.

So if you agree with an OP and keep posting that it is fine? If not you are a troll?

Wiki defines troll as: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement.

That is your guideline?

OK.

1 - I did not start a quarrel
2 - I might have upset someone, by telling them the truth about where GvG is heading
3 - I never flame
4 - Extraneous? Maybe, cause I am adressing more than 1 poster
5 - I have been on-topic all the time here.

So how am I provoking readers into an emotional response or anything else?

I am trying to make them see how things really are. That you do not like that is obvious, but I am not breaking any rules in doing so.

Coolhan

Private
GVG is a big part of the game for many players and should get the support from inno that the players ask for. we all know it's a free game but but I'm sure without the GVG players the game would soon end. the quests get just get most of us hacked off, how many times can you do a 5 min production :(

Yes each market has their own forum and you know as well as I that everything here happens just a little sooner. If something has to be tried out on a live world this is where it happens. There was a time you did not have to be a player to get an account on the forum, but that is gone, so yes I have an account. Why you imply I must have multi I don't know. I don't need multi.

No it can't work here and be broken on US. It is all the same system. That things aren't rolled out at the same time is correct. They come here first.

You are a moderator. You should be impartial and not judge on what you believe, but on what you see. I am not breaking any rules. I am not tyrying to wind anyone up. I am trying to make them see how useless their quest is.

Nowhere in the TOS or the Rules does it say you have to be an active player on this particular world. It does not even say you have to be a player to access this forum. Fact that you went through all those worlds to look me up and see what I do shows how impartial you are. You are a FORUM moderator. Judge me on folowing the rules, not on how or where I play.

So if you agree with an OP and keep posting that it is fine? If not you are a troll?

That is your guideline?

OK.

1 - I did not start a quarrel
2 - I might have upset someone, by telling them the truth about where GvG is heading
3 - I never flame
4 - Extraneous? Maybe, cause I am adressing more than 1 poster
5 - I have been on-topic all the time here.

So how am I provoking readers into an emotional response or anything else?

I am trying to make them see how things really are. That you do not like that is obvious, but I am not breaking any rules in doing so.

Please note this thread is intended to address the topic in my original post not to facilitate individual quarrels with a moderator. Can I suggest that if you wish to complain about how forum posts are moderated you do so in a thread dealing with that subject

Emberguard

Legend
Well, that's the whole idea. By cleverly filling DA's, the defending guild could ensure their sector is hard to take.

The attacker, with just the one siege army, will have no such luxury.

1 horse 7 rogue should be able to win against both the combinations you quote me.
It was an example.

And a challenge sure, the game should be a challenge. But there's 8 defence slots that could be each filled each with a different army. By your system that'd make it impossible to get past the defence because you can't cater to every defence if it's a rotating roster. I've versed Hexes where every DA is filled and different. I'm well equipped to take them on but because of typings between units am forced to retreat far more then I am able to attack until some of those DA's are taken down and the pool of variance diminished. Right now that's not a problem because you can keep attacking until you find the DA that you're currently aiming to weaken. But with your suggestion unless the randomness aspect of which DA you verse is removed then it's impossible to take a sector.

DeletedUser111732

I have absolutely no intention to play with someone trolling

Agent in notoriously known on the US forums, where he doesn't play either, as well for derailing threads and trolling. Just look at how how he started out on this thread by essentially calling everyone else idiots;

You guys and gals really don't get it do you?...Now try to figure out what the future of GvG will be.

If I were a mod I would have deleted that post and gave him a temp ban just for that to avoid this whole mess from the get go.

On Topic: I agree, it would be nice and good if they dug in on fixing GvG. App has been around for years and GvG is still here so it hasn't killed it yet so as long as it remains I don't any reason why it shouldn't be worked on.