• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Developers - please adjust your prorities.

Agent327

Overlord
You guys and gals really don't get it do you? Nowadays there are more app players than PC players. There is no GvG on the app. There never will be GvG on the app. Now try to figure out what the future of GvG will be.

DeletedUser99438

It's been at least 2 years since these problems started and it's progressively getting worse. We've been patient ... it's really time to fix this part of the game now. No more excuses aye +1 I totally agree

If they are intent on killing off GvG on the quiet? Many of us have wondered this.... It will only lead to many of us leaving to find something new. And when we do, go find somethign new as a team ... we will make sure it's NOT associated with innogames after this... we'll give our money and our support to someone else. Innogames wouldn't deserve, many of us feel very much betrayed.

Personal opinion only. GVG although an interesting feature is not the be all and end all of this game. Yes shock!!! horror!!!. It was a fighting game before the launch of GvG this just added a war aspect a very restricted badly thought out war aspect. I am not saying ditch it but it badly needs revamping.

for many of us .. it's the only reason we play

now that would kill GVG.

He's always makign nonsense contributions about GvG like that cause it's the only way he might have a chance to win!
TM i really like you and you always respond fast in support questions and try to be helpfull but here we will strongly dissagree, so many of us wasted a ton of time and FP's and everything and some even a lot of cash for battle buildings (GB's and special ones) and now they make war aspect of game unplayable. What is your solution then? let us plunder same player infinite number of time each day??? To plunder same player 10 times per day or to delete troops when i am bored or what to do??? If they gave us war aspect of game and we invested a lot of our time and resources in it then they should make it playable!

Very Well Said Ceban

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Major-General
You guys and gals really don't get it do you? Nowadays there are more app players than PC players. There is no GvG on the app.

I played FOE when it was first released on beta didn't play for long, loading times where horrendous. Quite enjoyed gvg but the whole game was laggy as anything. Liked the game but spent more time waiting for anything to load than playing kinda sucked the fun out of it.

As soon as the app was released i started playing again obviously missing quite a lot of functions back then which has hugely improved over time but the game itself was playable and everything was instant. Even now if I ever log on a comp (and it's literally only to buy diamonds as the rates are better on the comp version) It takes me a good 3/5 minutes to get anything remotely usable loaded. Tried to log onto gvg as there was a siege and gave up after 5 mins or so. Don't know if it's my laptops over the years haven't been upto spec but anything else I use them for works fine apart from this game. Even other Inno games work fine. Surprised I haven't got screen burn from innos grepolis but that's gone downhill too with endless events and pointless changes to the point I quit, oddly enough didn't use the app hardly for that one apart from the attack alarm all laptop/comp even on my phone I used the browser version which worked perfectly.

It doesn't surprise me if there are huge numbers now using the app and being willing to lose things like gvg to at least make everything else playable. If the app suddenly got removed tomorrow I would quit instantly as there's much better things to do with my time than wait for cities/gvg to load.

DeletedUser

I do wonder if you are just a troll?

He's right at some point but totally agree with your previous posts. Many of us are here for few years and have good relationship with players across whole server, and need just small number of players quit to make an avalanche of leaving.
Also, noticed that newbies don't stay on game for a long time without support of majority of GvG players.

Agent327

Overlord
I do wonder if you are just a troll?

Why? I am telling you the facts. They admitted themselves they can not bring GvG to the app. Look up the numbers and you will see that app players are the majority now. What is the trolling in telling you the truth?

Just ignore him and keep on topic.

From a forum mod that is a totally disgusting remark. You are either badly informed, or you are trying to hide I am telling the truth. Still as a forum mod you have to be impartial and ghive everybody a fair chance to express their opinion. You are obviously not, so it is rather a disgrace you are a mod.

DeletedUser112017

Why? I am telling you the facts.
Still as a forum mod you have to be impartial and ghive everybody a fair chance to express their opinion. You are obviously not, so it is rather a disgrace you are a mod.

Being a forum mod, I know you very well and I expected your answer on this topic, I'm also aware answering to you can easily lead thread to off topic, as soon as that started happening (another player asked if you're a troll) I told that player not to go off topic, if you want a discussion about you being a troll, we can do that - but in another thread or in private, not on this thread, please.

I gave you a fair chance to express your opinion, I didn't moderate or delete your post. If that was really your best answer on this topic, so be it.

Look up the numbers and you will see that app players are the majority now. What is the trolling in telling you the truth?
You are either badly informed, or you are trying to hide I am telling the truth.

What you wrote is a common knowledge, and no, I'm not hiding anything, as you missed that I wrote those facts before you, but that's not stopping you from pulling out insults from defensive position.

I'm fully aware GvG wasn't a priority, I'm aware fixing it would take a decision which would involve lots of developer hours spent on rewriting it. I'm also aware more and more players are playing from mobile. It's also very understandable GvG players are a minority among PC players.

I will moderate further off topic discussions, thank you for keeping thread on topic.

Emberguard

Legend
-Any lost battle (incl. retreats) counts as -1 to the above.
That in itself would make the idea unplayable unless we're able to choose specifically which set of units to verse when attacking a hex. If I have to verse for example against a rotating roster of 8 horses or 4 heavies + 4 balistas, then I need to be able to choose which set I'm versing if a retreat is counted as a -1.

If it was simply +1 success, no change on fail then it wouldn't be a problem to have the different armies rotate in defence. Otherwise it'd be next to impossible to fight against a hex with multiple typings in the different DAs

fact...if GVG would be working properly then more ppl would be taking part in it
True, but I think what Agent is trying to say is even though there is value in GvG it;s not nearly as obvious as other aspects of the game. If GvG had a direct influence on income it'd have a higher priority. It's like coffee. You're never going to be able to get a decent income from coffee. But it'll give a restaurant a better customer experience to entice them back, stay longer and hopefully get something else like dessert

DeletedUser112017

More, but still not the majority, which makes it a not important part of the game.

Slippery slope argument, from publicly available info we also know a vast majority of players are not paying customers (was 9.2% last year), are you expecting Inno to remove paying options from a game?

Out of those 9.2% I believe there is a fair percentage (I do not know exact number) of GvG oriented players paying for diamonds.

Why Inno keeps non-paying customers playing and giving their best to provide a good gaming experience to both? Because of ecosystem, you need non-paying players to maintain a large ecosystem and give paying ones a field where they can/want to spend money.

Even if GvG players are a vast minority (because they are, we know that), so far Inno didn't want to cut it off, my guess is that Inno is aware that they would cut off a sole reason why hundreds or thousands of players are still playing this game, they would lose some numbers of players, they would cut some income from them, but they would also hurt that same ecosystem, because on every single server GvGers are surely one of most active players in terms of time spent in game, they are often well developed, FP/goods rich, helping others, even non-GvGers.

Is Inno going to pull a trigger on GvG? Perhaps, I don't have a crystal ball. But it will be a business decision and a business decision only. To devote developers into fixing GvG is also a business decision that didn't happen yet. To kill it off would be a business decision too.

Emberguard

Legend
Pretty sure Inno said they're unable to port GvG to mobile mode. This could be part of the reason why it's as buggy as it is. With it only being accessible to a portion of the player base they probably don't want to spend much resources fixing it. But they also don't want to can it otherwise they would have done so by now.

If they do remove it then it'd be nice if they replaced it with something that allowed guilds to compete in some fashion but more direct then GE allows.

DeletedUser107668

More, but still not the majority, which makes it a not important part of the game.
not all play daily quests...still part of the game
not all do all ''special events'', historical quests....still part of the game
not all are participaing in GE... still part of the game
...an so on

GVG has been introduced and many only play coz this part of the game is the only interesting part....if we will think oh majority dont play this part of the game or that part then lets just drop every single aspect of the game as not all are participating

Agent327

Overlord
Even if GvG players are a vast minority (because they are, we know that), so far Inno didn't want to cut it off, my guess is that Inno is aware that they would cut off a sole reason why hundreds or thousands of players are still playing this game, they would lose some numbers of players, they would cut some income from them, but they would also hurt that same ecosystem, because on every single server GvGers are surely one of most active players in terms of time spent in game, they are often well developed, FP/goods rich, helping others, even non-GvGers.

Further reason not to cut it off is that GvG is the dominating part on how the Guild ranking is established.

Is Inno going to pull a trigger on GvG? Perhaps, I don't have a crystal ball. But it will be a business decision and a business decision only. To devote developers into fixing GvG is also a business decision that didn't happen yet. To kill it off would be a business decision too.

It is not likely they will going to pull the trigger. To leave it as is, is also a bussiness decission.

Pretty sure Inno said they're unable to port GvG to mobile mode.

They made a statement saying just that. I think it was on Facebook.

not all play daily quests...still part of the game
not all do all ''special events'', historical quests....still part of the game
not all are participaing in GE... still part of the game
...an so on

GVG has been introduced and many only play coz this part of the game is the only interesting part....if we will think oh majority dont play this part of the game or that part then lets just drop every single aspect of the game as not all are participating

Everything you mention you can do on the PC and on the app. GvG not. Looking at it from a bussiness point of view there is no reason at all, to try to improve something that you have not been able to do for the last couple of years. No way this will be a priority for them. There focus at the moment will be to get the game working for HTML 5. Maybe they will have a few devs still work on GvG, but you should not expect anything from it. If it was easy they would already have fixed it. So it is hard and it is only to satisfy a small group. That makes it very low priority.

Ludicrous

Private
I would like to echo what PG, EJ and Ice have said on here and urge discussion not to descend into 'GVG is not the be all and end all' etc. as this misses the point. It is in INNO's interests to fix GVG because surely far more dosh is spent by players interested in fight capability than in a fleeting prize of 10 x 10 pixels. Wake up INNO - your gaming community is mostly mature users with disposable income and not teenage bumpkins! Your user community expects more. Lose their interest and goodwill and you can lose your business. Fix your platform, fix your architecture. fix your code and think on your business. Even if you are selling digital product, you still need to make sure that what you offer your consumers is fit for purpose.
Mach schön!

shumisha

Private
Totally agree with all those for fixing GVG bugs......Devs I really do hope you are bothering to read all this thread.
It seems that INNO have taken our money and ran.....especially for those amongst us playing this game now for a few years and find GVG one of the most challenging and enjoyable aspectsof the game.
Whilst it's appreciated the slickness and appearance of the game has evolved, why forget about the one aspect that probably bought in the most revenue in the early days enabling INNO to grow......we all supported you back then, and still do!! (for how much longer I'm not so sure) all we are asking is that you return the support now please!!

Emberguard

Legend
Whilst it's appreciated the slickness and appearance of the game has evolved, why forget about the one aspect that probably bought in the most revenue in the early days enabling INNO to grow......we all supported you back then, and still do!! (for how much longer I'm not so sure) all we are asking is that you return the support now please!!
An interesting point to add, in business whatever a company did to build their company at the start is usually what it needs to continue for it to thrive because that's the foundation. So if GvG is the foundation of FoE then it needs to be fixed even if it seems less attractive then other aspects. It's certainly something that adds a certain element of competitive multiplayer no other part of FoE provides

DeletedUser106426

GvG would need to be redone, even if they keep the same functionality, the base is too rotten for them to "fix" in its current state. That's my take on it, but they definitely need to put it higher on the priority list, Flash is too heavy and unreliable and HTML5 needs more time to be in playable state. Maybe with improved and finalized HTML5 version, they will focus on fixing GvG as well at the same time.
Mobile gaming is limited by battery power and internet bandwidth, I can completely understand why they wouldn't add such a connection intensive functionality there. PC version is developed separately, they won't drop GvG out of it.