Deleting GBs and loss of game points

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Cam Egalitaire, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Cam Egalitaire

Cam Egalitaire Private

Apologies if there is something about this topic elsewhere but I just lost a lot of game points when deleting one of my GBs (purposefully) - I can see why that might happen, but where is that piece of information available? It would have been nice to be informed at the same time as I was informed about the fact that i’d be losing some happiness points...which was expected.
    Thanks

2. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

It is elementary. If you gain points for placing a GB it is obvious you lose those when you remove it.

DarkUros222 likes this.
  3. Emberguard

Emberguard Tsar

@Agent327 Not necessarily, it'd require a assumption. There's two ways points could be calculated if you don't already know the answer

(1) Points as the sum of everything you currently have.

(2) Points added whenever you achieve something. No reflection of your current situation, only what you have done/obtained throughout

The first method would be a re-calculation of what your score should be whenever something is added or taken away. The second would only ever be adding onto your previous score. There are video games that would only use the second method, so it's not entirely obvious, just a reasonable assumption as a possibility

4. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

When in doubt, look it up.

5. Emberguard

Emberguard Tsar

6. joesoap

joesoap Brigadier-General

or ask, and hope that some1 that knows will give you the answer

7. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre FoE Team Ingame Moderator

When buildings, including great buildings, are deleted, you lose any score points associated with them, yes.

The points you get from buildings depends on its:
    • Space taken up
    • Type of building
    • Era of the building
    So of course when a building ceases to exist, the points also cease to exist (because it no longer takes up any space, etc).

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Player's_Ranking#Buildings_points

8. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Lieutenant-General

And invested FPs (for level of GBs) too ;)