• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Deleted players

• Thread starter DeletedUser110480
  • Start date

DeletedUser110480

In Dinegu player hectorVig has been deleted..I donated a lot of forge points on his GB's..Why can't I get my forge points back ??? It is not honest that the donated fps are lost for me..Also a lot of players are inactive and therefor the donated fps are also lost..Why can't we get those fps back either ???

DeletedUser112745

I’ll just quote this with an upwards arrow pointing at it, because it’s the same sort of thing I’d say.

Once you've put the FPs into a GB it no longer belongs to you. It's an investment. Either it matures and gives a return.... or it sinks and you lose the investment
^

Donations are one way... oh wait someone said that too. Hm.
>_>
*Twiddles thumbs, quietly edges towards the exit*

DeletedUser

It’s like maintaining stock holding’s really.
You win some and you lose some.
You win big or lose hard and everything in between.

Coping with that is your key to success.

DeletedUser109475

What flip side? It's free fp's.

The subject is GB contributions and deleted players, that can work two ways depending on who is the donor. I hope the OP, and many others, will find my reply one of the more useful comments. It illustrates both scenarios relating to the topic.

Agent327

Overlord
The subject is GB contributions and deleted players, that can work two ways depending on who is the donor. I hope the OP, and many others, will find my reply one of the more useful comments. It illustrates both scenarios relating to the topic.

I read it as a bad thing. See now you mean it as a good thing.

DeletedUser

Somone was deleted from my world and while, I saw his picture, his fp’s in an open level, were gone as I recall.
In a finished leven they’ll remain.

DeletedUser110480

Ok, most of the replies said : lost is lost..But I see it from another angle..If the lost invested fps , dead fps , turns back to the donator , then there is more activity in the game..Also more clicks..This includes the donator and other players that will benefit from those fps..Not only the dead fps of deleted players but also the dead fps of inactive players..The period of inactivity should be about 2 or 3 months..The game should have more speed. The game is too slow. That is why players are bored and stop to play further. In this way the game will flourish..

DeletedUser109475

Ok, most of the replies said : lost is lost..But I see it from another angle..If the lost invested fps , dead fps , turns back to the donator , then there is more activity in the game..Also more clicks..This includes the donator and other players that will benefit from those fps..Not only the dead fps of deleted players but also the dead fps of inactive players..The period of inactivity should be about 2 or 3 months..The game should have more speed. The game is too slow. That is why players are bored and stop to play further. In this way the game will flourish..

I can think of several ways active multiples paying to dormant multiples could be abused for the benefit of the main account.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112745

lost is lost..
Correct. Investments are risky. You win big, break even or lose out. And if you started giving people FPs back for the GB they invested in no longer existing, people are going to want all their FPs back when they don’t get a spot that gives them BPs. Also what about backdated FPs that we’re lost in deleted GBs in the past?
When you lose you lose, that’s it.

turns back to the donator
Highly abusable and gives a massive unfair advantage. For example, people will use this as a method of “banking” FPs when their bar gets full in order to save them for later when they build a big/powerful GB. Effectively giving them two types FP packages/inventories. As a moderator enforcing fairness in the game is my area, I won’t stand for this type of thing.

The period of inactivity should be about 2 or 3 months..
Considering HMA and above cities are immune from inactivity deletion, this suggestion would make the situation even worse. You’re also forgetting the fact that:
  • GBs can be deleted without inactivity
  • Cities or entire accounts can be deleted manually by players
(Of course entire accounts are deleted when the player hasn’t logged into the game or forum for a set time, but this is a minimum of 12 months, still longer than you suggested).

The game is too slow. That is why players are bored and stop to play further. In this way the game will flourish..
Disagree. I’ve never heard of any established players with a decent number of GBs leaving the game because it was too slow. FoE is not intended to be a game that is quick or can be rushed. Rushing punishes the player in many ways (poor defence, poor stockpiles, etc). An established player with good GBs will already know this and accept it as part of the game. If you’re looking for quick games, try Age of Empires, you won’t find it in Forge of Empires.

Investments are risky. GB donations are investments. In real life you’re not compensated for losing out on an investment (for example when a small business you invested in gets shut down). It makes no sense why you should be in the game. Sorry, it is what it is. Virtual tea and sympathy is the best I can offer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109475

Highly abusable and gives a massive unfair advantage. For example, people will use this as a method of “banking” FPs when their bar gets full in order to save them for later when they build a big/powerful GB. Effectively giving them two types FP packages/inventories. As a moderator enforcing fairness in the game is my area, I won’t stand for this type of thing.

Essentially what my mangled reply attempted to say, though my thought process involved abuse of fp hoarding and creating fp streams through multiple accounting.

DeletedUser110480

If you give someone a present, and it is not appreciated, then you want it back, because the present is unused..And the rule is after 2 or 3 months..So the receiver has enough time to let all those fps in their GB, work..This brings excitement in the game.. :-)

DeletedUser99692

If you give someone a present, and it is not appreciated, then you want it back, because the present is unused..And the rule is after 2 or 3 months..So the receiver has enough time to let all those fps in their GB, work..This brings excitement in the game.. :-)
If you give someone a present then you get the pleasure of giving and the anticipation that it will be of use or pleasure to them. You don't give and say well see if you like it if not I will keep it. To give "to put into the possession of another for his or her use" that's what you do with Fps if you lucky you get a return if not then I am sorry they are not on sale or return.