• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Delete GvG:Replacement

DeletedUser113110

Ok, so here is the replacement for GvG I am proposing:
Idea:
Instead of GvG, I am proposing Guild Challenges.(GC)
Proposal:
Guild Challenges are a fusion between GE and GvG that is accessible on both mobile and PC. This will bring more fairness into the game.
Is this posted before?
Not anywhere that I could find...
Details:
So, basically, GC is split into seven fortresses. Each guild controls one, and tries to get to the middle first. Barbarians(or Celts) control the land between the middle and the seven fortresses.
Each Center Fortress is guarded by six Barbarian Overlords. They drop items as they go like coins, forge points, and more. An army to defeat an Overlord consists of 40 troops from at least five members, which needs to be within 1 age of each other(I.e. AF, OF, and VF troops can go together, but not IA, HMA and LMA.)
As you get closer to the middle it gets harder. Each attacking army is formed by at least two players. Barbarian troops are from 2 to 16 in each wave(1-3waves of battle), and the limit of troops to attack normal Barbarians is 16.
The Center Fortress is guarded by an assortment of 8 troops per age in a wave. This includes the Champion, a Rouge, a Flag Holder, a Drummer, and the other units. There is 17 ages(so 17 waves), and the maximum troops is 100 to attack, from 10 players at least. The guild that first conquers the Center Fortress wins and gets 5000 Guild Points, and also an assortment of prizes both to the Guild Treasury and the members.
Balance:
Well GC needs to have good grouping(I.e. No Level 60 vs Level 15). GvG will be cancelled.
Abuse Prevention:
As aforementioned.
Visual Aids:
Sorry folks. No photos.
Summary:
Guild Challenges is a replacement to GvG. I hope you will like this idea.

DeletedUser113110

What you are doing is proposing GvG in another form. It is not possible to code GvG for the app. What makes you think this is possible?

First 5 than 2. Does not make sense at all.
1) This isn't GvG. What makes you think they can't code it?
2) 2 for a regular army, 5 for Overlords.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
its again competeing against AI, i want to compete and fight against other real players, what you are proposing is another form of GE...

Agent327

Overlord
You are fighting with Guildmembers to conquer sectors and are competing with other Guilds. How is iot nmot GvG? You have taken the idea of GvG altered it a bit and now you think you invented the wheel. What makes you think they can code this?

DeletedUser113110

You are fighting with Guildmembers to conquer sectors and are competing with other Guilds. How is iot nmot GvG? You have taken the idea of GvG altered it a bit and now you think you invented the wheel. What makes you think they can code this?
Whatever you think @Agent327, since I won't and can't change your mind
But you will see.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
no, you missunderstood his idea or i did, one of us yes for sure... his idea is that all guilds fight against AI and compete who will beat it first, basicly he made more complex GE as replacment for GvG what is even worse, no real competition, just killing AI, totaly boring, we can play single player games then, i dont need this.

Agent327

Overlord
no, you missunderstood his idea or i did, one of us yes for sure... his idea is that all guilds fight against AI and compete who will beat it first, basicly he made more complex GE as replacment for GvG what is even worse, no real competition, just killing AI, totaly boring, we can play single player games then, i dont need this.

In GvG you battle against the AI as well.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
In GvG you battle against the AI as well.
you battle AI if you do manula but all do auto but in GvG other players placing defences, they decide setup, they decide what to drop, they decide what to defend, they decide wich kind of defences will be inside, they decide what to siege, they decide when to siege so with current boosts all do full auto battle and part wich arent full auto do other humans like replacing of sieges, defences and other things. So no, you dont fight AI but you fight other humans in GvG at least how it is formed now. and how other guild would have influence on this new format??? how other guild would be able to prevent guild number 1 to win competition??? It would be seting up alarms on time when competition starts and then just clicking like insane to beat AI before other guild

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Clearly @Ceban you have either not played GvG before, or you have no clue how it works. Read the quote.
you battle AI if you do manula but all do auto but in GvG other players placing defences, they decide setup, they decide what to drop, they decide what to defend, they decide wich kind of defences will be inside, they decide what to siege, they decide when to siege so with current boosts all do full auto battle and part wich arent full auto do other humans like replacing of sieges, defences and other things. So no, you dont fight AI but you fight other humans in GvG at least how it is formed now. and how other guild would have influence on this new format??? how other guild would be able to prevent guild number 1 to win competition??? It would be seting up alarms on time when competition starts and then just clicking like insane to beat AI before other guild. So explain to us how guild number 2 would be able to stop guild number 1 to beat AI??? or all would be just who will click faster to beat that AI fort????
And about 'you have either not played GvG before, or you have no clue how it works.' I probably have more battles in GvG than you and agent combined and then that number x5 and that is why i know pretty well that players can influence on GvG pretty much and how players would influence on other guilds here???

Agent327

Overlord
you battle AI if you do manula but all do auto but in GvG other players placing defences, they decide setup, they decide what to drop, they decide what to defend, they decide wich kind of defences will be inside, they decide what to siege, they decide when to siege so with current boosts all do full auto battle and part wich arent full auto do other humans like replacing of sieges, defences and other things. So no, you dont fight AI but you fight other humans in GvG at least how it is formed now. and how other guild would have influence on this new format??? how other guild would be able to prevent guild number 1 to win competition??? It would be seting up alarms on time when competition starts and then just clicking like insane to beat AI before other guild

You can make tactical choices. Still all fighting is done by the AI. This replacement will be the same. Tactical choices and nothing more. It is GvG with a different look.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
no it isnt cause in current GvG i can break your siege and refill defence, what i will be able to do in this new format to make goal harder to achieve for you??? Will i be able to refill AI defences or what???

DeletedUser115071

I am sorry but this is stupid.... Where is the fun to COMPETE aginst other people in real time?
Do you even know how GvG works or do you know how small guilds operate.. Big guilds operate on a whole other scale than you can imagine to propose something so stupid.

DeletedUser113901

-1 unless... 4 guilds could attack and 3 could defend, the attack tries to gain ground while the defence tries to slow down the attack. At the end each team has rewards depending on their land and these are shared equally between the guilds forming the same team. To avoid having inactive guilds in otherwise good teams there could be a league system.

rjs66

Lieutenant
ivan - go to forge-db / foestats website and look up the guilds and players on the international server, look at the guild levels of the high guilds and the number of battles for the players in there (or just look up the players)

then you may get a better perspective on which guilds and players may have a better understanding of how GvG works,
and all big guilds were once small guilds too

the fun of competing in a dynamic / real time environment is subjective , just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people share the same view

Agent327

Overlord
no it isnt cause in current GvG i can break your siege and refill defence, what i will be able to do in this new format to make goal harder to achieve for you??? Will i be able to refill AI defences or what???

Those aren't tactical choices? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

We need the exitement, the joy, the laughter, the adrenaline running through our veins, the anger, the failure, the retaliation, the sweet revenge, the outrage, the victory, the sharing, the yes we did this, ohhh yeah!!! Ohhh sweet victory bring it on buggers!!!

Standing up in the middle of the night fire up the engine and meet our guildies with a mug of coffee and sneak the freaking crap out of our enemies.

-1 I guess I miss those bits in the proposal that with all do respect though :)

Last edited by a moderator: