• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Define priority for Auto Battle

Do you support this idea?

• Yes :)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No :(

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbmono

Private
Auto battle is done by AI - Artificial Intelligent but it's really dumb!! Sorry I don't want to be rude to AI but it really sucks. So now I thought we can aid AI a little bit:

Proposal
Introducing Priority in Auto battles.

Before pressing on "Auto Battle" button, we can tap (or double tap) on each enemy's unit to highlight that unit as higher priority over the other (non-highlighted units).
This means that AI still uses its algorithm but it first targets those those units that are given higher priority to kill unless those units are out of reach (either killed or not in range)

Reason
Because the order of attacking the units are crucial in winning the battle. And if we can't rely on Auto battle then what is really the point of having it even? So if we can make improvement to Auto Battle, it can be more of a use.

As an example of the benefit of this feature, imagine the enemy's army has 4 artillery units and 4 non-artillery. Now I know that my units cannot be attacked by artillery units, so I will start attacking the non-artillery first then I can destroy the artillery ones. However, this scenario in Auto Battles ends up my units being killed most of the time because AI decides to attack the artillery units first which is no use.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I don't think this feature can be abused. This is totally to improve auto battle behaviour and auto battle is there to help us as a feature.

Visual
In the below screenshot, I only highlighted two units of the enemy only to show how highlighting can work.

autobattle.PNG

Thanks!

No. You just have to use the proper units in the attack army. If you can't beat the enemy, you need to grow stronger.
Probably a "do not suggest"- idea anyway (e.g. make the game easier).

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
or do semi - auto fights if your att bonus is high by placing your 1 unit in corner then clic on auto , or kill those units befor you clic auto

DeletedUser

If you have to take action during the fight, surely this is a "manual" fight, as mentioned above use the right troops for the right fight :)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Reason
Because the order of attacking the units are crucial in winning the battle. And if we can't rely on Auto battle then what is really the point of having it even? So if we can make improvement to Auto Battle, it can be more of a use.
If you cant rely on Auto battle then your attack/defence army needs working on not implementing a way around it so you can just farm more in GbG, no other reason to auto battle so fast imo

RichinZhills

Corporal
When you say a person is too weak to win on auto-battle, what you're actually saying is you need enough att/def% points to overcome how stupidly it fights for you. If you play 1 champion & 7 rogues auto-battle against 8 archers, chances are very good you'll lose the battle. The AI will move your champion out to its max limit with no regard for the 1st attack. Those 8 archers will take out the champion then one shot all the rogues.
On manual battle, you keep the champ where it is, the attacking archers all move up, you move your 7 rogues out, and again keep your champ back. 1st attack of the Archers converts all rogues and maybe damages one new champ, now 7 champs take out 4 archers, maybe you lose that damaged champ (rogue), and the last 6 take out 3 Archers, then finally last Archer. Maybe 1 lost rogue and another damaged. But far from a total annihilation.
That's why you also don't use auto-battle in Egypt, that AI only attacks the opposing units it has a bonus against. So it will move your Artillery into the range of fast and other Artillery units just to target heavy units which are usually farthest away. So even on an Easy opponent, you could lose half your Artillery because it targets fighters first instead of fast units.
Combat won't change, but please don't think we don't know how it should work vs. how it does work.

Burpo

Sergeant
Auto battle is done by AI - Artificial Intelligent but it's really dumb!! Sorry I don't want to be rude to AI but it really sucks.
I agree AI is very poor especially with regard to movement and unit placing.
However auto is auto - if you are losing because of bad AI, then the solution is to become strong enough to overcome the handicap.

When you say a person is too weak to win on auto-battle, what you're actually saying is you need enough att/def% points to overcome how stupidly it fights for you. If you play 1 champion & 7 rogues auto-battle against 8 archers, chances are very good you'll lose the battle. The AI will move your champion out to its max limit with no regard for the 1st attack. Those 8 archers will take out the champion then one shot all the rogues.
On manual battle, you keep the champ where it is, the attacking archers all move up, you move your 7 rogues out, and again keep your champ back. 1st attack of the Archers converts all rogues and maybe damages one new champ, now 7 champs take out 4 archers, maybe you lose that damaged champ (rogue), and the last 6 take out 3 Archers, then finally last Archer. Maybe 1 lost rogue and another damaged. But far from a total annihilation.
That's why you also don't use auto-battle in Egypt, that AI only attacks the opposing units it has a bonus against. So it will move your Artillery into the range of fast and other Artillery units just to target heavy units which are usually farthest away. So even on an Easy opponent, you could lose half your Artillery because it targets fighters first instead of fast units.
Combat won't change, but please don't think we don't know how it should work vs. how it does work.
Well, then don't put 1-2 units that move first and get killed (+ rogues) in an auto battle army.

That's why you also don't use auto-battle in Egypt
8x Nubian Archers work fine on full auto.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
if you know this then use 2 champs 6 rogues ? simple

Jouchka

Private
If you want to make the AI more intelligent, then you shall shall also make the AI of the defense troops more intelligent. The issue is not really that the AI of the attacking sucks, it is more the AI of the defense is really thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.