• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defensive Army AI

For me, the usefulness of rogues has come to an end - good only for sieging/battles in GvG.
All my Hideouts have been removed and place into inventory.

Knight of ICE

I'm in SAAB and use rogues in every fight: PVP, GVG, GBG, GE. The enemy wasting their first shot on rogue transformation is as important as it ever was.

I am in SAAB and never use them. Don't need transformation. In fact, transformation can be a problem.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I'm in SAAB and use rogues in every fight: PVP, GVG, GBG, GE. The enemy wasting their first shot on rogue transformation is as important as it ever was.
i am in saab are you really using rogues with saab units ? as i found it to be much harder, i can use rogues in every other era but i dont use them with saab troops on my sqaud, i just use 8 nail storm hardly ever use any of the other saab troops either

Cuthwolf

Captain
For PvP -
Players I know to use 8 hovers - 8 BELT
Players I know to use 8 artillery - 8 hover hammers
Everyone else - 4 rogues, 4 nail storms
The round goes quickers (fewer injured to swap out) than with 8 nail storms.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
This was about the defensive A! and how it unfairly targets rogues 1st, when there is obviously an AI on campaigns map that is already programmed differently?
why use the 2nd rate, sub-standard, crap AI as defensive AI, and not the best, most advanced AI, when most players are well past knowing how to deal with them?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This was about the defensive A! and how it unfairly targets rogues 1st, when there is obviously an AI on campaigns map that is already programmed differently?

why use the 2nd rate, sub-standard, crap AI as defensive AI, and not the best, most advanced AI, when most players are well past knowing how to deal with them?
...maybe because it's hard enough as it is to plunder anything worthwhile, and subbing in the C-map AI would basically just kill off attacking/plundering altogether, since GBG's gives much better rewards anyways?! :P

Plundering isn't an issue if you have even a rudimentary grasp of base level tactics in this game. No one outside of the most casual of players should ever be crying about losing the odd production.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
OP is just another control freak and should be Plundered every single day.
isnt it great that this kind of talk is considered normal, it is clearly aimed at winding up the op and who would blame the op if he or she didnt reply back with some nasty comments of his own ?

yet who would get the blame ? the troll type comment or the one who answers back ?

back to the point, and if they changed the def to the way its done on the map battles i think the defences would become almost unbreakable again like it used to be when they first nerfed the gbs from 50 % to just 30% you couldnt go past level 10 back then but that one change made all the difference as hoods started to become impossbile to attack as defences ended up to high.

now that might sound great to players who get upset at being attacked but really its not fair to attack players to be robbed of there game play, and to plunderers also as much as i hate plunderers they do have every right to play that game that way and to try to stop them just because you dont like it is not really fair,

Groovy Prof

Corporal
I do not think that by allowing Defensive AI the same tactical capability as the world map AI would in anyway change certain peoples habits. Getting plundered is part of the game, and we accept it....bullying is not!
One of my guild has quit the game because they were constantly being attacked and plundered by specific players.

"Sorry everyone, Igoing to quit this game,because I'm constantly being plundered. I find it difficult enough getting through on my own, but when someone is constantly taking. It takes away from the fun. Goodbye to all and good luck. Except for the person who has to take from others constantly to survive. That's somewhat of a bully if you ask me ."

So having a pathetic AI that cant defend it's self v a weak cup of coffee is not in the game's interest. In fact you just lost money!
Having a defensive AI that is too easily and readily beaten is stupid.
Allow people to defend themselves, might make you actually think about how best to attack.
Since the no-brainer 1 regular troop and 7 rogues seems to do it all.

So it makes it a bit more difficult to attack players...diddums...go and cry to your mother!
If you want an easy game to play then try snap.

I'm not saying stop attacking or raiding, I'm just asking for some common sense to be used.
The fact that raiding people would not be as easy...would add to the fun!
Sorry to all you bullies that need easy wins to fulfil your meaningless lives.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I do not think that by allowing Defensive AI the same tactical capability as the world map AI would in anyway change certain peoples habits. Getting plundered is part of the game, and we accept it....bullying is not!
One of my guild has quit the game because they were constantly being attacked and plundered by specific players.

"Sorry everyone, Igoing to quit this game,because I'm constantly being plundered. I find it difficult enough getting through on my own, but when someone is constantly taking. It takes away from the fun. Goodbye to all and good luck. Except for the person who has to take from others constantly to survive. That's somewhat of a bully if you ask me ."

So having a pathetic AI that cant defend it's self v a weak cup of coffee is not in the game's interest. In fact you just lost money!
Having a defensive AI that is too easily and readily beaten is stupid.
Allow people to defend themselves, might make you actually think about how best to attack.
Since the no-brainer 1 regular troop and 7 rogues seems to do it all.

So it makes it a bit more difficult to attack players...diddums...go and cry to your mother!
If you want an easy game to play then try snap.

I'm not saying stop attacking or raiding, I'm just asking for some common sense to be used.
The fact that raiding people would not be as easy...would add to the fun!
Sorry to all you bullies that need easy wins to fulfil your meaningless lives.
This works both ways you know... It's stupidly easy to defend against plunderers in this game:
1. COLLECT. ON. TIME.
2. Build only non-plunderable buildings. (ie: most event buildings that require a polivate to produce their goods + fps)
3. Set a decent defensive army. (ie: *always* use current age troops at the very least, and don't just throw down 7-8x the same troops type)

The first two things alone basically remove the ability for other players to plunder.
Adding in at least a competent defensive army will also deter all but the very top 1% of potential plunderers, since no one in their right mind is going to sacrifice Rogues for at best, maybe 5-10 goods.

This game already *IS* dead easy to avoid the plundering aspect. Why must this always become so one-sided where only the filthy, evil, puppy-stomping, baby-eating plunderers must change their game play?:?:?:rolleyes:

We're not the ones who need to "up our game".

The only reason to attack & plunder the same person everyday is if they demand/want it to happen:

1) A profile stating unspeakable horrors for plundering them is an invite to be plundered.
2) a profile stating that they have made pacts with all hood members to plunder "The Plunderer" is an invite to be plundered.
3) Nastygrams from a player for attacking and/or plundering are a Forever-Plunder Invite.
4) there are more reasons to plunder a hoodie.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Why not? Rogues are cannon fodder. Many players have 1000s of them and a high level Traz, that produces plenty every day.
Sure they're just expendable lackies, but I'd much rather send them to their glorious deaths in GBG's where I can win more fps, goods & occasionally dias vs. at best, 5 or 10 goods. ;)

'Traz is also much less of an option for early game players, especially in the IA - LMA eras where it just eats up far too much space in general.
Again, *I* would rather use that space for more atk/def% for my attacking army, and/or take that same space to plonk down a better military AW like TA or CdM, etc... What good is having a 'Traz if you can only manage say 15-20 attrition due to limited space for atk% buffs vs. using that same space to push your attack bonuses high enough to at least double that? (...or push even further?!)