• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defensive Army AI

Groovy Prof

Corporal
everybody has access to exactly the same attack / defence boosts, everybody starts from exactly the same position when starting a world.
what you do from then on determines every attack / defence / plunder,
the risk of being plundered makes people actually log on and collect stuff, ie play the game.
claiming that the playing field is unfair is rubbish, your actions determine how well you can defend and avoid being plundered, as you all started with exactly the same opportunities, the only difference is how you played.

changing the game because you don't like bits of it just punishes those who have put the effort in to get somewhere

but they have announced that the galata tower will soon be released, so you might want to invest in that.

As I said just because everyone has it doesn't make it right.
If everyone had Covid would that make it right?
And what makes you think I'm even in a position to get the galata tower?
Everyone has the same attack / defence...no they don't. A player from the iron age does not have the same attack / defence as a player from the Middle ages. A player who has been playing for 5 years got their GB's to level 20 does not have the same defence as someone who has been playing a month.
Your making assumptions from a position of playing this game for a long time, from a position of a strong city gained from a load of game changes that have occurred whilst you've been playing.
How does it 'punish' those who have put in the effort....blah blah ..?
It wouldn't effect 'those' players one iota. Unless you consider no more easy, automatic wins a terrible punishment.
Your actions determine....it's the game's AI that determines not you, you are not present when you get attacked, you can not manage your defence the AI does.
All you can do is allocate units and build a few defensive structures. End of!
Plundering is not the issue, for the umpteenth time.

rjs66

Lieutenant
once again you claim it is unfair, a player who has been playing longer / more often and has bigger / better stuff than you

please explain why someone who has put in more effort than you should be penalised for that ?

you claim that bigger players are bullies, your attitude that they should not benefit from longer play , more time spent and greater effort is also a form of bullying

Groovy Prof

Corporal
the hood changes rarely mix different ages, if someone ends up 1 age higher it is usually because they aged up just after a hood change
it is called strategy, this is a strategy game , and they just out-smarted you
that sort of 'strategy' anywhere else would be called bullying
A fighter doesn't go up a weight class to take on an opponent.
You want strategy try chess, amazingly both sides have identical pieces, not pieces that have 2 goes for every one of the others.....or have double the effect of the others.
There is nothing smart about hitting someone an era or two below , there is nothing smart about being twice the size of your opponent.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
once again you claim it is unfair, a player who has been playing longer / more often and has bigger / better stuff than you

please explain why someone who has put in more effort than you should be penalised for that ?

you claim that bigger players are bullies, your attitude that they should not benefit from longer play , more time spent and greater effort is also a form of bullying
...By effort you mean has been playing five times as long...that's no achievement
Penalised...oh please stop it I'm laughing too much..it hurts
Twist some more comments please,...

rjs66

Lieutenant
and once again - you all started with exactly the same resources and chances, one person used those to make themselves stronger , they developed a better strategy and put in more time and effort
why would anyone bother to do that if they didn't benefit from it ?

when i started playing , i got attacked and plundered regularly i didn't start crying, i resolved to get bigger and stronger and now i can hit back just as hard
i didn't start crying unfair and demanding things change, i played the game i was given and made progress regardless
if your strategy is to cry about it and demand that it be changed, then go play something else

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Ok... if you are progressive era and you attack a player from industrial era with progressive era troops, the defender is seriously penalised.
A. The terrain is changed to progressive era terrain,
B. the defenders industrial troops have their movement and range decreased,
C. then you have the AI sending the defenders troops into no mans land to be shot and killed....

Actually if you are in progressive era you will only face industrial era players if you moved up after hood change. With the next change you will no longer face them.

Terrain changes in Progressive cause movement costs increase by 50%, as map scaling is increased to 1.5 . It has nothing to do with penalising defenders. You are making a lot of false statements and ridiculous comparisons, just to argue a lost cause. Can not stop you from doing that, but if you keep insulting others and making derogatory remarks, just because they do not agree with you I will lock this thread.

Your choice.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Ok... if you are progressive era and you attack a player from industrial era with progressive era troops, the defender is seriously penalised.
A. The terrain is changed to progressive era terrain,
B. the defenders industrial troops have their movement and range decreased,
C. then you have the AI sending the defenders troops into no mans land to be shot and killed....
If you are in industrial or colonial age and attack a player with progressive era troops the attacker is penalised.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
(oxxo) :blush:

I can understand a futility of defense while giving the lead to a insincere infiltrator (synonym for artificial intelligence?) which takes place on the battlefield. Could we do better if we were actually present in battle though after seeing an attackers strength might well consider surrender as the only option.

It is a perplexing problem in any competitive play area. A stronger defense by any means will only result in a increase of interest from an attacking sector. Cold war ensues. The nature of any conflict can tend to invoke anger which results in a decision to act; for example spend real world money on a free game or simply wish to retire from the competitiveness.

Despite any pitfalls that might arise, the question is can a game still be played and enjoyed by using non-competitive strategies?
Yes

Groovy Prof

Corporal
(oxxo) :blush:

I can understand a futility of defense while giving the lead to a insincere infiltrator (synonym for artificial intelligence?) which takes place on the battlefield. Could we do better if we were actually present in battle though after seeing an attackers strength might well consider surrender as the only option.

It is a perplexing problem in any competitive play area. A stronger defense by any means will only result in a increase of interest from an attacking sector. Cold war ensues. The nature of any conflict can tend to invoke anger which results in a decision to act; for example spend real world money on a free game or simply wish to retire from the competitiveness.

Despite any pitfalls that might arise, the question is can a game still be played and enjoyed by using non-competitive strategies?
Ahhhhh Bisto!

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Statement:
This thread was to explore and review the AI used in defence.
It is accepted as being flawed, to the point where, in the main, attacking another player does not provide any real or serious challenge.
Especially if you are an experienced player attacking a beginner, or if you are an era above the defender....or both.

I am not saying that experienced players should not do this or that it is not part of the game.
I am not saying that plundering is wrong or even crying about it, again it is part of the game.

I have used perfectly legitimate comparisons to illustrate the flawed views that have been expressed in the hope that an understanding may be reached.
I am perfectly open to new ideas, or to have my view challenged in a reasoned manner. I am open to changing my view point if facts support it.
To be constantly accused of saying something I have not, distorts the thread and will obviously put me on the defensive.
To be accused of false statements when in the same breath proove the validity of my statement is baffling and perplexing.

So please limit your statements or arguments to that of the defensive AI used.

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Bisto is an instant gravy granule.....bit like oxo :D for which the advert ends...ahhhh bisto.
The bully got mentioned when a guild member announced that they were leaving the game because of the constant attention and attrition of/by certain players which made the game unenjoyable. It was also mentioned and defended (?) when pointed out that large established/experienced players attack small/previous era/beginners.
As moderators have repeatedly pointed out, bullying can not be discussed, but you should report it if you think/feel you have been a victim. As it is against the rules.
In this instance replace a few with constant or incessant.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

It was also mentioned and defended (?) when pointed out that large established/experienced players attack small/previous era/beginners.

Once again, the neighbourhoods are arranged with players from the same era. The chance that players from a previous era are in that hood is very slim and will be corrected when the hood changes.

Bullying can be discussed. It is discussed all the time. Some people however seem to think that plundering someone every day is bullying. It is not and it is not against any rule.

Game rules and forum rules are there for all to see. If you feel someone is breaking those you can report it. Attacking and plundering someone however is not breaking a rule. Not even when you do it every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
In another thread Plundering - The Roll of Honor a member has asked other members not to post there, that is only to do so if they are a plunderer. Out of politeness I'll resist doing so. However, I disagree with the topic. To disagree doesn't mean I am a "victim to vent their rage, cry their tears, and ask for changes that will not come."

I understand plundering as part of the game. Acceptable. In the spirit of role-play what I do disagree with and denounce is any idea being presented that plundering has honor. A leader of an empire can seek to gain position and sometimes this must be done by force. However plundering is an action all by itself. It is the act not of a chivalrous knight of honor at all but nothing more than boorishness.

Plundering although not breaking any rules is that of a role-playing thief. The player(s) are modeling churlish, loutish, clownish and mean roles, uncouth in manners, rudeness due to insensitiveness to others' feelings with an unwillingness to be anything but drunken lazy power hungry cutthroats acting with surliness and ungraciousness in their chosen role models. They are plundering thieves!

If they wish to accept that role so be it but in our role descriptions lets call a spade a spade shall we?
In general terms, perhaps this thread would have more merit - but in this particular game, not only is plundering part of the game - but Inno has created Achievements for plundering. So not only is it a part of the game, but it is "intended" for players to participate in this.
And, also there are the odd Daily/Event challenges that also REQUIRE a player to plunder.

There are many different kinds of players - which also include "completionists", who often feel, and attempt to conquer as many of the game achievements as they possibly can. These players are not here to model boorish behavior whatsoever, but to get these achievements "under their belt", per se.

You may feel it is your choice and right to call out players who plunder, for personal gain, for achievement goals and game quests. But in that same context, players who choose not to trade in the Goods market, or buy up all of a particular good that they can (opposite sides of particular game play) - and by your own context above, these players (as well as many others) should all be considered "boorish" just because they do not fit into your particular narrow-minded context of how to play the game.

If you truly wish to call a spade, a spade - perhaps you need to look in the mirror first. You attitude in writing this post, to me, is quite boorish.

Knight of ICE

I understand plundering as part of the game. Acceptable. In the spirit of role-play what I do disagree with and denounce is any idea being presented that plundering has honor. A leader of an empire can seek to gain position and sometimes this must be done by force. However plundering is an action all by itself. It is the act not of a chivalrous knight of honor at all but nothing more than boorishness.

Plundering although not breaking any rules is that of a role-playing thief. The player(s) are modeling churlish, loutish, clownish and mean roles, uncouth in manners, rudeness due to insensitiveness to others' feelings with an unwillingness to be anything but drunken lazy power hungry cutthroats acting with surliness and ungraciousness in their chosen role models. They are plundering thieves!

If they wish to accept that role so be it but in our role descriptions lets call a spade a spade shall we?

You are making the same mistake as everybody else that does not like plundering. You try to justify it for yourself by coming up with a reason and looking for acceptance from others confirming your reason. Fact is this is a game. Fact is that plundering is part of this game. Fact is that Inno is enticing you to plunder with GB's like Voyager V1 and the Atlanmtis Museum. Players that plunder make optimal use of the recources given to them by the game. That is not bullying. That is being an good player.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
You are making the same mistake as everybody else that does not like plundering. You try to justify it for yourself by coming up with a reason and looking for acceptance from others confirming your reason. Fact is this is a game. Fact is that plundering is part of this game. Fact is that Inno is enticing you to plunder with GB's like Voyager V1 and the Atlanmtis Museum. Players that plunder make optimal use of the recources given to them by the game. That is not bullying. That is being an good player.
i beg to differ, as we all know how some players mouth off big time, trying to show up anyone who they bully, by posting messages they have been sent from very distraught players,
they enjoy hurting those players and know what they are doing is hurting them, which is an act of a bully and a coward,

how many times do you read post from players who just tell us about other players who have complained to them or moaned, followed by the idiot responses of other players who then say what they would do the person who complains, how much they would stalk them to make sure they rob all there goods etc,

there just acts of a coward, someone who knows they can not get caught or face any kind of retribution. they gloat knowing its going to get an angry response and then they report the person who gets angry

Knight of ICE

@Knight of ICE
I never said I didn't like plundering. I didn't say it wasn't a game or plundering was not part of the game. I didn't say players were bulling.

However, I will reserve the right to determine for myself what I think is good or not good. That determination will not be decided on by any group or person other than myself.

You have that right, but if that determination is decided by you alone, why are you seeking confirmation from others?

i beg to differ, as we all know how some players mouth off big time, trying to show up anyone who they bully, by posting messages they have been sent from very distraught players,

They boast about their game performance. A lot of players do. Never see players boast how they play the game without fighting?

Players that complain are complaining about something that is part of the game and allowed. They are not being bullied. They are taking a victim role. It's like a soccerplayer taking a dive and complaining he does not get rewarded for it.

Players like you, that are calling players that plunder, cowards and bullies over and over again, are contributing to the fact that part of the players will never stop plundering and the other part will never stop whining and complaining.

You sir, are a feeder.

Knight of ICE

I will not be dictated to on moralities.

But you are willing to dictate others. by expressing your strong feelings about plundering by labelling it boorishness and stating that players that do it are " modeling churlish, loutish, clownish and mean roles, uncouth in manners, rudeness due to insensitiveness to others' feelings with an unwillingness to be anything but drunken lazy power hungry cutthroats acting with surliness and ungraciousness in their chosen role models. They are plundering thieves! ".

Does that look like the statement of someone that is "interested in what others think" to you?

I'm sure you have run across some who complain and/or call others derogatory names. I'm doing neither here. Quite the contraire. Better to relate to what poster wrote before drawing conclusions.

You are doing neither?

Boorishness, churlish, loutish, clownish, uncouth in manners, rudeness due to insensitiveness to others' feelings with an unwillingness to be anything but drunken lazy power hungry cutthroats acting with surliness and ungraciousness in their chosen role models.

If that isn't derogatory, can you tell me what is?

So you have read boastings over war games. Did it ever cross your mind that some just might prefer trading to fighting and enjoy what they are doing without any boasting whatsoever?

Are those players insulted and called cowards because they do not fight, or bullies if they try to make a profit trading?