• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Defense square in Battle doesn't work ??

DeletedUser

How work defense points in battle ?

When i'm in a bush that add +3 in defense to my troop but i don't see difference when an enemy hit me !!

That's normal ?

DeletedUser

I'm still a little confused about this myself, I'm trying to figure out if this is when a player attacks you and you are on this defensive block or if you hit the player first and they return the hit in the same round.

I would think it applies to both instances but the amount of damage inflicted each time seems pretty much random so I cannot say for sure if the defense is applied or not. Maybe a mod would be able to clarify this a little further for us.

DeletedUser

Please note that the tree and bush defense boni only apply only to Spearfighters, Soldiers, Mercenaries, Axe Warriors and Great Sword Warriors. All other units don't have that bonus. Also, there is some randomness involved (luck), when on the battlefield and you hover the mouse over the enemy troops, you'll see some attack values are listed as for example 2-4. I did notice though that when hiding my spearfighters behind a tree (+3 defensive bonus), they do live longer than in the open field.

So unless there is confirmation from more players saying the boni don't work, I'll set this as "Not a bug" for now, no offense please!

DeletedUser

Here's 2 s/s showing a defense bonus working but not showing. Images are self explanatory, both images are from the same unit and obviously, it is sitting in the same square...

2012-05-06 15-13-44.jpg
2012-05-06 15-13-59.jpg

DeletedUser

...So unless there is confirmation from more players saying the boni don't work, I'll set this as "Not a bug" for now, no offense please!

Well, I'm confirming this. Using a spear fighter, I hid it behind a tree for +3 defense. Spears can only inflict between 4-6 damage, no more and no less. But when attacked by other spearmen, this one hiding behind the tree lost 5 bars.

According to the numbers, this is impossible. It's got to be a bug because even if maximum damage was inflicted (6)..3 defense should only make that spearman lose 3 bars in total..not 5.

I'm on Cirgard server using Windows operating system and Chrome browser, if that helps/makes a difference. I just started this game 3 days ago and this has been a consistent issue with nearly all battles.

I've also seen a smearman inflicting only 3 damage in an attack (not just a counter attack), when the minimum damage dealt is supposed to be 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, I'm confirming this. Using a spear fighter, I hid it behind a tree for +3 defense. Spears can only inflict between 4-6 damage, no more and no less. But when attacked by other spearmen, this one hiding behind the tree lost 5 bars.

According to the numbers, this is impossible. It's got to be a bug because even if maximum damage was inflicted (6)..3 defense should only make that spearman lose 3 bars in total..not 5.

Damage in FoE is not calculated in the way you seem to think it is. Units have an attack and a defense value. When a unit attacks, its attack value and the defender's defense value are used to determine the damage range. A random factor is then applied to determine the actual damage within that range.

In other words: A spearfighter (light meele unit) has a base defense of 7. When hiding in a tree it has +3 defense for a total of 10. How much damage this spear fighter will take is still very dependent on the attack value of the unit attacking it - but it will take LESS average damage than with only its base defense.

Regards,

Anwar