• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defence Boosts...

PomPoms

Sergeant
I have been playing this game for a few years now and still don’t really understand why Attack/Defence boosts are separated for your Attack army and your City Defence? I have an Attack boost of 145% and a Defence of 92% for when I attack. But my city has only 60% Attack (Due to Deal and St Basils) and a Defence of 311%. I realise I would have to level up my Deal and St Basil to get a better Attack boost for my City Defence, but why are they separate anyway? It’s the same army!

Does the new Terracotta Army GB add anything to city Attack, or is it just another one for Attack only? If one was able to have the same Attack/defence boost it would even up the ability to defend the city a little since the AI makes very poor choices when defending. Even if it was only the GB’s collective Attack/Defence that counted rather than watchfires, Tigers Dens etc...

Someone will know why they are separate though, so I await enlightenment!

DeletedUser96901

but why are they separate anyway?
because the developers decided that the GBs work that way

more interesting question
why do Zeus and Aachen both increase the value together ?
people who believe in Zeus don't believe in god. and vice versa
but both working together would mean the soldiers would believe in both at the same time

think about that

Agent327

Overlord
I have been playing this game for a few years now and still don’t really understand why Attack/Defence boosts are separated for your Attack army and your City Defence? I have an Attack boost of 145% and a Defence of 92% for when I attack. But my city has only 60% Attack (Due to Deal and St Basils) and a Defence of 311%. I realise I would have to level up my Deal and St Basil to get a better Attack boost for my City Defence, but why are they separate anyway? It’s the same army!

If they were together you would have 205% att 403% def and that would apply for everyone in the same situation. They are seperate cause you have to make a choice.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Perhaps then another GB that increases attack in the City Defence army would be nice since at the moment it is a little unbalanced. Perhaps Zeus could boost both groups? If TA only boosts your attacking army, there will be an even wider gap between an attacking army and the City Defence's ability to attack. It would be nice to make a dent in an attacking army sometimes.

PomPoms

Sergeant
but both working together would mean the soldiers would believe in both at the same time

Because there has to be equal tolerance for either one. :rolleyes: There should be an extra boost for the soldiers who don't believe in either of them! :D

Agent327

Overlord
Perhaps then another GB that increases attack in the City Defence army would be nice since at the moment it is a little unbalanced. Perhaps Zeus could boost both groups? If TA only boosts your attacking army, there will be an even wider gap between an attacking army and the City Defence's ability to attack. It would be nice to make a dent in an attacking army sometimes.

Something like the Terracotta Army?

Emberguard

Legend
because the developers decided that the GBs work that way

think about that
I'm thinking you have a mixed denomination city :P Half your city praises God while the other half are pagan

PomPoms

Sergeant
I have another question. Is there a unit from TE that will put up a reasonable defence against Sub Cruisers? They are like freakin’ AA’s on steroids, and I am having trouble making a dent in them....