• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defeating Iron Age units with spearfight & slinger?

DeletedUser5621

Yes, FoE is difficult, but the worst problem in the game is the training time, and the free population. But if you know the game a bit, you will understand the tricks, and "cheats".

DeletedUser

I hope everyone has taken into account that the recent battle changes revamped every battle most previous posters are advising for.
It is now more or less necessary to use units of the same Age if you want to win a battle without too many casualties.
Ofcourse it is possible to win with earlier Age units, but you'll need to play it smart and I'd suggest some short and long range at the very least + optimal use of the terrain.

Trys Asgan said:
Yes, FoE is difficult, ...
I disagree.. I think the game is pretty straight forward and any questions players might have are usually already answered on the Forum.

As for buying 100k diamonds.. that's the first time I've heard such a tip and I'd have to say it's not much of a tip.
This game is completely playable without the purchase of any diamonds ever. Diamonds just make the game easier and faster to play through.
But using diamonds for sector negotiations is, in my opinion, truly a waste of diamonds (and therefor cash). The sector battles are really doable and the negotiations for them too, as long as you don't try to get 10 Provinces ahead of yourself.

- L

DeletedUser

I hope everyone has taken into account that the recent battle changes revamped every battle most previous posters are advising for.
It is now more or less necessary to use units of the same Age if you want to win a battle without too many casualties.

What hint suggested is similar to what you are saying right now. With change of ages he switches to more advanced units, but the tactic stays practically the same. I'm not sure how the battle system was revamped, since I wasn't there in the beginning to start with :rolleyes: , using spearman-like units as blockage to prevent the enemy from harming one's ranged units works quite well in Bronze Age at the very least. I only attack with spearmen, when I'm sure they will kill their target / or the target won't retaliate (there are always exceptions, as to every rule, of course).

DeletedUser3157

Yes, FoE is difficult, but the worst problem in the game is the training time, and the free population. But if you know the game a bit, you will understand the tricks, and "cheats".

It's not really difficult game at all. I think currently thats one of the biggest problems in this game. But the game is getting better every day and hopefully they are introducing more and more layers to this game, making it a more dynamic and complex entety. Actually the #1 ranked player in my server quit 2 days ago saying the game simply is not challenging enough. Former #2 ranked player appears to have semi-quit about a week ago as well, meaning done with PvPs and just collecting maybe once twice per day. Funny cause I got along and talked with both of them a lot and I was always the one wanting to quit and saying how boring this game is, yet now I'm the last one standing(after taking 2 long breaks though, where I though being done with it).

But yeah the game is still in progress, I'm still far from done with it and I plan to stay around so I'd be competative whenever real PvPs, more layers etc come.

On topic though: Yeah they improved/balanced battle system a bit, but winning strategy is still the same It is just tad harder now, but that's a good thing.

DeletedUser5621

No, I mean its a difficult game to a new player. If you learn the game, it will be easier.

DeletedUser5647

This is the setup I have aimed for to get the bronze age map

As soon as slingers are available make two camps and get 6 of them, add two spears for the earliest part of the map. When you have Warriors make 2 of them and replace the two spears for the next 2 provinces. When you come up against the long range you will need 2 stone throwers replacing 2 of the slingers. I have tried horses but the seem so weak that I skipped them on other servers.

Once you get to Dunsarand and all the other Iron age provinces then you can happily walk through with 6 slingers and 2 warriors until you again find a long range unit where you will need 2 stone throwers. You might try having 2 STs if you find the sector with lots of archers. You will always need a wall - i.e. warriors x2 - when there are fast units around.

The biggest tactic is to carefully hover on each enemy unit to see how far they can walk and then plan your vulnerability/ambush around it. Remember to add the range of enemy units - 5 for slingers and 6 for archers. By the time you get through iron age you will be a master tactician.

Pteropto