• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Deepity Thoughts -- Logic (Reasoning) v.s. Power (Energy)

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I think this is a fundamental law (or problem) of the universe -- the contrast between logic (reasoning) and power (energy).

As always Bewildered Zeratul likes to use the computer as an analogy to explain the thing.

What is logic? Obviously, the "AND" "OR" "NOT" upon which the bottom level of the computer is built.

What is power? Just as the name indicates, "electric power" is the power in this example.

I'd say the reflection upon logic and reasoning is a state-of-the-art, a cutting-edge school of thought. Logic means the rights and wrongs. People searching the "meaning of life" and "the core of the universe" arrives at reasoning and use it to explain trending world events.

The focus on the logic (reasoning) may be in itself wholesome and complete. But the flaw, I think, is the neglection of the power.

And reasoning is just what the intellectual's doing, a doing of those who think, argue, and value the brain. Question -- is logic still there, when you do not think of it? Or when you cannot think of it because you don't have the energy?

On the contrary, the vast majority of those considered rustic, illiterate peasants and countrymen value their hands or their physical labor over the brain. And this following analogy I heard is kinda from such "other half of the population" -- they say "when there is no power, the computer is just a pile of waste metal, and the phone is just a brick." In contact with such people I found that they "hate thinking". They want instincts and they want instant reply in their conversation -- the three second or five second rule. If you talk slower than that, they will regard you an outsider and not their kind. You will be disowned and considered "not family" "not friend" "not compatriot"... (OK this train of thoughts wanders too far. Let's turn back to the starting point...)

Again, what is logic? "Because A, therefore B" is logic. Logic is neither A, nor B, but what lies behind the transition from A to B.

Logic is organic. The above example can be considered one of the "neurons" and one of the atomic elements that comprise the whole, which is called a "system". A characteristics of the "system" is that everything must all be correct. A single flaw, one little "bug" will cause the entire system to malfunction and break down.

Energy (power) is different. Power can drive logic as well as illogic. As a proverb says "water runs downwards but men walks upwards". Human has the tendency to go against logic. The apple drops onto the ground due to gravity. But there is nothing humane about it. Contrarily, people go to the gym and lift weights. And we call these people very humane. And we all love Stylone and Schwarzenegger.

Also, energy does not malfunction when severed into parts. Separate 1 kWh of power into two halves. Each will be 0.5 kWh and still the same energy nonetheless. This is different from logic. If you chop a computer into two halves with an axe, neither half is a computer anymore!

If there is a war between power and logic, I want to take the side of the logic but I think it might lose, and the power might win.

I wonder -- Is there perfect logic, that need not be driven? This question is somehow the same as "can you win an argument without saying anything". If things turn out as you imagined or wished without you pushing it; if others do things just in a way you see fit; there is the logic that does not need the driving force of energy, for you.

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I remember as a child at home, when little trinkets of logic were dropped as "sayings" of wisdom. Home was a working class home of a simple folk by the way, I suppose it could be considered a peasantry life by the more the intellectual in the community. I wouldn't say there was less quality of thinking only perhaps discourse was simple in definitions. Regardless, might we might find even the most intelligent of our society always seem to revert back to the most basic of logic when it comes to defining what something is. At least I found that to be the case in my modest education. Even our machines which we consider a modern marvel rely on some very basic functions to compute logically and perform so efficiently.

In our advanced scientific world which at times can feel like information overload our seemingly almost perfect arguments give way to the realization that "what will be will be". When we can accept what is then we relish our world as it goes along the way we want or might expect it to but when it doesn't we want to change it somehow. Yes, indeed we want to but whether we can or not remains to be seen. Best to know what is possible.

I found the relationship between energy and logic interesting here. If we use our computers as a baseline then logic (reasoning) is software and power (energy) to put into action is the physical component or the hardware. E=MC* Can logic still exist without energy, I'm not sure?

But "us" the users who ever that might be we could call third party which is also involved in the relationship. It would seem to me then that in the universe our role is to do all the right things and enjoy those things whatever they might be within limits. Otherwise the vastness of the universe just seems like a waste of space without much reason.

Therefore, might we consider that the universe is made up of energy transference, the logical observance of it and something else we are all party of. It is the other component which either puts us over the edge or can make the difference between success or failure, love or love lost. In computer terms we relate to an evil bug that will crash our world in war like fashion but in an artistic world, it is the glitches, the accidents, the illogical heart felt changes that can make the art shine.

I'll take the liberty to confirm, that we are talking about the same thing! Which means, we've found it! The thing! The meaning of life, the secret of the universe, the essence of all there is, the answer, to all questions! Read, people, and be enlightened! Attend the master class of enlightment! (Don't doubt, and don't critize, and just know it is wholesome and complete.) @All

Powe

Brigadier-General
I'll take the liberty to confirm, that we are talking about the same thing! Which means, we've found it! The thing! The meaning of life, the secret of the universe, the essence of all there is, the answer, to all questions! Read, people, and be enlightened! Attend the master class of enlightment! (Don't doubt, and don't critize, and just know it is wholesome and complete.) @All
I will now doubt and criticize.

You forgot to say Amen

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
If there is a secret perhaps there is also enlightenment. Who knows? I won't take any credit. Just pass whatever it is on to the next out of compassion.

How generous! They gave away The Secret even in the Amazon Book preview --

"Question #1 -- What is the secrect?
2020-09-27 23_47_23-Window.png
Answer -- The secret is the law of attraction."
2020-09-27 23_47_33-Window.png
This is so different from things of the past --

"Question: What is the secret?
Answer: So you are interested huh? Well then buy the book to find out! And read the book through, and in the end it might (or not) be revealed".

Emberguard

Legend
42! :P

But will men ever understand women? :P
that depends on how wide of a scope you’re referring to. Do you mean completely? Or understand for 5 mins about something specific?