• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed December Confection Contest

Naranique

Master Corporal
December Confection Contest

The holiday season is in full swing! We want to hear all about your favorite winter (or for some, summer) holiday confections. Cookies, biscuits, wafers, desserts; whatever you make, tell us all about it. If you like, share the recipe so others can discover your tried and true holiday classics!

WinterContest.jpg

3 Winners will be randomly chosen to win 50 Stars for the Winter Event each!

Rules:
  • 3 winners will be chosen randomly from the entries to win 50 Stars for the Winter Event each.
  • Your entry must contain the name of a favorite holiday confection, why it's your favorite and if desired, the recipe written out.
  • Only entries posted on this thread will be counted.
  • Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  • There is to be only one entry per player, and any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  • The Community Management Team is the final arbiter of the rules.

Information! The contest will run from December 6 through December 18, 9:00 pm server time.

Attachments

• Innogames TC Forum Contests, 20210429.pdf
    469.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

BL4CK-VIPER

Private
Pastry Cream

2 cups milk

1/4 cup white sugar

2 egg yolks

1 egg

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/3 cup white sugar

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DirectionsInstructions Checklist:

Step 1
In a heavy saucepan, stir together the milk and 1/4 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat.

Step 2
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and egg. Stir together the remaining sugar and cornstarch; then stir them into the egg until smooth. When the milk comes to a boil, drizzle it into the bowl in a thin stream while mixing so that you do not cook the eggs. Return the mixture to the saucepan, and slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly so the eggs don' t curdle or scorch on the bottom.

Step 3
When the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla, mixing until the butter is completely blended in. Pour into a heat-proof container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until chilled before using.

enjoy

Zec Rich

Private
It has to be Stollen!
It is just Christmas, more so than a mince pie.
Fruity bread with marzipan, LOVE IT!

.Prince.

Private
I don't have a sweet tooth at all... I have a mouth full of them !!!! anything sweet will do and I try plenty of them often being a grinch and keeping them secretly hidden to share...Only with me

50-storms

Private
My favorite holiday confection is Kinako-mochi (rice cake sprinkled with soy flour and sugar). Because my mom made it in New-year holidays, fifty years ago.

Scottish Tablet
Being Scottish born and bred we love eating tablet, especially at christmas, the taste of it takes me back to when I was a wee boy ripping open presents at xmas. :D
Here's a recipe for it, it's sugartastic:

INGREDIENTS
900g Caster Sugar
250ml Full-fat Milk
110g Butter
397g Condensed Milk

INSTRUCTIONS
Place the sugar and milk in a large pan over a gentle heat. Stir occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved. Pre-grease a 13×9 inch tin with a generous amount of butter and set aside.
Once all the sugar has dissolved add the butter and allow to melt.
When the butter has melted, add the condensed milk and mix well. Increase the heat and stir continuously while the mixture boils and reaches Soft-Ball stage (120°c) on your sugar thermometer.
Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to settle a little before beating. Beat with a wooden spoon in the pan until the mixture if almost setting. This may take a good bit of beating!
Transfer to your pre-greased tray and spread evenly to the edges/corners.
Leave to set for at least a couple of hours but ideally overnight. If you want neatly cut squares/bars of tablet score your tablet in your desired size/shape about 30 minutes into setting. Alternatively you can simply break the tablet into individual servings once set for a more rustic feel.

TheNautilus

Private
My favourite Christmas sugar treat is simple Christmas Toffee: A very basic recipe of brown sugar, vinegar and butter that tastes divine and is quick to make. Place all ingredients into saucepan, keep stirring until smooth and glossy. Tip into individual patty-pans and lightly sprinkle with your favourite topping eg. chopped nuts or chocolate chips. I like just a sprinkle of red and green non-perils on the top of mine. Allow to set in fridge. They are my favourite because they are so simple, cheap to make, they look good and are yummy!

Supermum1

Private
my favourite is actually a cake, we call it fromage cake, but is is actually made with slices of swiss roll at the bottom, covered in a layer of whipped cream mixed with lemon tasting gel, let that set , then add a mix of fresh fruit on top of that, then a layer of strawberry gel on top of that..its absolutely delicious and fresh .

Rufina

Private
My favourite Holiday confections are the traditional "Linz Eyes" (also called Rascals because they look like faces) because apart from tasting delicious they remind me of my grandmother who always made them for us as her special Christmas gift.

Shortcrust pastry:
300 g sifted fine flour (up to 1/3 can be substituted with finely grated walnuts and/or almonds)
100 g sifted powdered sugar (icing sugar)
2 egg yolks
200 g soft butter (unsalted)
1 pack Vanilla Sugar (or insides of 1 vanilla pod)
Grated peel of 1/2 organic lemon

For the filling:
165 g apricot or currant jam
some sifted icing sugar for sprinkling

Preparation:
Put the ingredients for the dough into a mixing bowl and knead with a hand mixer (dough hook) to form a dough.
This is preferable to kneading by hand, because the dough should stay as cool as possible.
Wrap in cling film and chill for approx. 40 minutes.

Roll out the dough about 2 mm thick on a floured work surface.
Cut out discs, and from half of the discs cut out the eyes and mouth for the tops .
Place the discs on greased baking sheets.

Put the baking tray into the middle of the preheated oven.
Top+bottom temperature 180 ° C or Hot air 160 ° C
Baking time: approx. 12 minutes. Do not let them become brown.
Repeat until all discs are baked.

Filling:
Generously brush the underside of the unperforated discs of the Linz eyes with jam.
Sprinkle the upper parts of the Linz eyes with icing sugar and assemble with the lower parts.

Immediately eat all the are imperfect ::cool::
IMG_20211215_163456.jpg

Last edited:

realgregski

Private
Walnut layer cake.
For Christmas and Easter our mum would get up at 5am several days prior ro the big day and would turn the kitchen into a small industrial bakery churning out all sorts of goodies. We would be pressed into service shortly after 7am and would participate in the preparation work, whether it was shelling nuts, beating egg whites or creaming the butter and sugar.

The two piece-de-resistance creations were the walnut layer cake and the poppy seed roulade but for me the former just about edged the latter out: a soft sponge cake cut into 3 layers, each layer laced with a small but intense amount of coffee essence and joined together with a frustratingly insufficient amount of natural-walnut-flavoured butter mixture and then topped off with a more generous layer of that walnut butter with whole walnut halves placed around the perimeter.

Christmas is not the same without it.

aguilera2

Private
I dont understand where i' m suppose to write my favorite confection, too much indications on the sames levels. So if is there, i'm lucky.
My favorite is a duck pie. 1) boil with orange peel, a duck and keep the meat on side.2) saute chopped onions with chopped mushrooms until its dry look like a black past with thym a touch of rosemary and leave of laurel, garlic, salt pepper. 3)mixt the meat with the mushrooms preparation and add orange marmalade. test it corrects seasoning the tast. cool.4) Garnish a savory tart shell, cover with a puff pastry, decorate with the trimmings and a slit to release the steam.5) Brown with an egg yolk.6) Bake at 380 farenheit for about 40 minutes.
to taste hot or cold with a wine or a white port.

Naranique

Master Corporal
Thank you all for the wonderful treats and recipes! They all sound so delicious.

The winner will be picked soon.

Naranique

Master Corporal
And the winners are:

Satonmybutt
grads99
Supermum1

I will be contacting you shortly.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Please join us in the new year when we have our next contest.