• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Date of Joining Guild

Romalo5

Corporal
I thought crossed my mind the other day when I accidentally left the door open and the wind blew it in! Would it be a good idea in the Guild Membership area to add the date when a player joined that Guild? It would give some valuable feedback to those who are looking around to find a Guild they would like to join.

DeletedUser113110

1) Put in proposal format, s'ils vous plait.
It would give some valuable feedback to those who are looking around to find a Guild they would like to join.
2) Explain how this works.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
But even though this info is actually available on FoE player sats page ...it would be fun to see it in game as well ... +1

Agent327

Overlord
It would give some valuable feedback to those who are looking around to find a Guild they would like to join.

No it wouldn't. Date of joining does not say anything about being active. A guild where everybody joined in 2016 can be as dead as a dodo.

DeletedUser113901

• If you are not in the guild, it's none of your business.
  • If you are a basic member, it's none of your business.
  • If you are from leadership, you should be ashamed of needing this.

Emberguard

Legend
I'd love to know that data for myself and only visible to myself, not anyone elses business unless I want them to know.

Vesiger

Monarch
Given that the information IS publicly available on the FoEstats page via the game's database, I don't quite see the argument for hiding it.
Nor do I understand why guild leaders should be ashamed of wanting a record - is the suggestion that all members in a good guild ought to be monitored and recorded within an inch of their lives already?

DeletedUser113901

Given that the information IS publicly available on the FoEstats page via the game's database, I don't quite see the argument for hiding it.
Nor do I understand why guild leaders should be ashamed of wanting a record - is the suggestion that all members in a good guild ought to be monitored and recorded within an inch of their lives already?
Because if you can't remember such basic info about 80 people max you don't have what it takes to lead them.

Vesiger

Monarch
Because if you can't remember such basic info about 80 people max you don't have what it takes to lead them.
Ah. Clearly I don't have it - my guildmates need to know quickly :o
(For what it's worth, I know who the old hands are and who the newest members are, but I certainly have no idea exactly how long anyone has been in the guild without looking it up. )

Shad23

Emperor
Ah. Clearly I don't have it - my guildmates need to know quickly :o
(For what it's worth, I know who the old hands are and who the newest members are, but I certainly have no idea exactly how long anyone has been in the guild without looking it up. )

lol memory is a faculty that forgets

if you can remember exactly wich date all 80 members of your guild joined without checking FoE stats site you have a great memory
franckly i have dificulty remembering what i did last week
if i'd be a witness in a court case for somthing that hapened a few years ago i would not be able to tell the court exactly what i did or saw on that day cause i don't remember

Emberguard

Legend
True that you can find the info on foestats. You'd have to specifically search for that info though, and besides:
upload_2018-12-16_23-5-37.png

If you're the founder/whatever appropriate permissions and have desktop you can always create a admin only forum page and update the list with when each member joined (probably easiest if arranged in alphabetical order)

Edit:
If the game did implement this idea, I'd suggest it work in the same way the inactivity checker works - only visible to certain permission groups and visible from the members tab

Romalo5

Corporal
I am so glad that somebody understood the suggestion. Information is useless unless it is available at your fingertips ... ask any manager.