• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Damage predictions wrong?

DeletedUser2206

on the battle field, FoE cheats. Server: all
when one of my troops is going to hit, an indicator shows what the hit will do to health. Why then, when it says 3-5 or 5-7, so I hit, does the attacked troop only take a hit of one, but his retaliation kills me when I have loads of health left?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2974

Hi Tsarina,

The attacking and defending also depends on a few other things such as the amount of defense that unit has. Also, higher ages units are generally harder to kill.

Hope this helps a little.

~Ninga78234

DeletedUser2206

no, if I select a certain troop to hit one, based on the damage I can do, I do NOT expect the game to suddenly decide that I am not strong enough; I should have been able to grab many sectors, but this cheating has caused me troops and therefore, coins and valuable resources to replace them. That is inexcusable. If it says my hit will decrease the troop's health 3-5, I expect at least a 3; 5-7 should be a minimum of 5. This is NOT when the guy I am hitting is hiding in a bush or forest. 1 is not in the range of 3-5 or 5-7.

DeletedUser65

are you sure you had the correct troop selected?? iv seen if you hover over a enemy troop with for example an archer and itsays 7-8 damage, you keep the mouse there and now its a slinger up, the mouse over still says the 7-8 damage of the archer and not the 5-6 it should be(the number are just examples)), could this be the case, or maybe

were the enemy standing in trees/bushes etc as your mouse over would show the damage your troop should do but you must deduct the defence bonus the enemy gets from the tree etc..

DeletedUser2206

well, the one troop would be hilighted for me to move, so I would check the damage range first, then use that attacker, so it cannot be selecting wrong fighter and also, none of the guys I fight with can only do a 1 damage. And no, the "target" was not in any way covered.

DeletedUser17

If this happens again please note on which fields the troops are(swamp, forest rocks), and also note which unit they are. Once I have this information I can confirm if this is a bug or not. Thank you for your help.

DeletedUser

If you are checking before you move...is your new position different terrain.
e.g Some Shooters receive a bonus when on a rock....so if you move off rock you loose the bonus.

What you are described doesnt make sense with the info. provided

DeletedUser

It's pretty likely you're just attacking a unit of the next age, that's about how it goes. You hit them for terrible damage and they take 8ish health per hit off you.

DeletedUser

I believe Beldarren may have found what the possible issue is on post #7. Please let us know Tsarina. What he is saying is at the start of, for example, your archers turn, they are sitting on rocks. You then hover over an enemy unit just out of your current range, and it says 7-8 damage done with the archer to that unit. Now you move the archer into range of attacking, but you also moved off that rock. Now the attack damage will change to something like 3-5. Please pay attention to what the damage shows right before you hit the opposing army, and see if this solves the problem you are experiencing.

At this moment, There is not anyone that can not reproduce this, so I will set it to that until some more information comes. Thanks everyone.

DeletedUser

I may be a little of topic here, but in fairness, it took me 2 bally's and 1 archer to take out a spearman today, dont care what the terrian is, thats just silly. weetabix or no weetabix.

DeletedUser

If this spearman was hiding in the forest, that may have influenced it; he gets bonus defence from being there and it's much harder to injure him :).

DeletedUser4089

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't the green/red segments indicate a percentage of hp left? I don't see how you can tell exactly how many health points were deducted by your attack.

If a healthy enemy unit has 25 hp, then a single segment represents 2.5 hp. If your attack has a range of 3-5, then doing 3 damage (to hp) would result in them losing only 1 segment (rounded to the closest 2.5hp).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To clarify this topic also: The damage done (e.g. 3-5) means the green segments that will get removed. However, after investigating we found a bug today that led to attack penalties due to low health NOT being calculated into the damage preview. This will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

Regards,

Anwar