• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily quests getting longer?

suethegreat

Captain
Has anyone else experienced an incredible long list of hoops to jump through recently to complete the daily quest? Even more frustrating when the 'prize' is an item that can regularly be picked up in incidents or elsewhere with very little effort. Sometimes both choices are uninspiring yet with challenges that you have to scroll down to as so long they are hidden below the window. Yes you dont have to do them but the 7 day/quest chest can be worthwhile.

Little Dawn

Private
I agree. They seem designed (algoritmned) to make you do things you don't want to do. a hundred and something 15 minute productions when I don't need supplies and usually do my productions by 24 hour chunks. And yeah the prizes are less than inspiring often.
And you work hard to win 7 daily quests and in a self aid kit! I mean come on Inno?

Same with the Antiques dealer, same old rubbish on show and I have lots to trade. Why offer up something i've just traded multipe times (like a five minute supply boost)? Use your algoithms for good not evil!

suethegreat

Captain
Testing the punishment level in 2 new IA worlds the first daily was defeat a very large army (2 waves) (impossible) and 2nd day in other solve a complex negotiation 10 options 8 x goods each try and no coin or supply option given the 'prize' is a house or a few coin % that's a pass. I dont recall such tough early dailies in the past and they are less tough in HMA.

Lucky with the self aid kit...had 3 incidents showing and every one was a selfie.....when hoping for last few energy drinks.

Antiques dealer...if we got paid the price to sell that AD resells/auctions for we would be happy. 65k auction coin for a Colossus upgrade kit.....
Still the game is ..'free' :)

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
I noticed from some weeks ago (or months, with the lockdown i really cant say), i have to do 20-30 supply productions in Iron Age in my farms... I thought it was just me.

suethegreat

Captain
Testing the punishment level in 2 new IA worlds the first daily was defeat a very large army (2 waves) (impossible) and 2nd day in other solve a complex negotiation 10 options 8 x goods each try and no coin or supply option given the 'prize' is a house or a few coin % that's a pass. I dont recall such tough early dailies in the past and they are less tough in HMA.

Lucky with the self aid kit...had 3 incidents showing and every one was a selfie.....when hoping for last few energy drinks.

Antiques dealer...if we got paid the price to sell that AD resells/auctions for we would be happy. 65k auction coin for a Colossus upgrade kit.....
Still the game is ..'free' :)
just checked if i sold my Colossus kit i would get 1350.....so 1.3k or 65k...!!!!!

suethegreat

Captain
today i'm trying for 2.5 k tavern silver as a newbie IA ...luckily upgraded tavern but still relies on active 'friends' (haha)....had the same challenge in HMA with an almost maxed facility tavern even then a challenge to get that in a day ended up madly clicking tavern sits in hope of a last few silver lolllll

Given there is no end game/financial reward newer/younger players need encouragement in the early days given you need to age up to IA for dailies and GE. How many 'inactive' start giving up in this age. There is also the size of some 'freebies' simply not worth rezzing for the reward and lack of room.

Mandelynn

Corporal
Everything is getting harder. For 2 months now I've been having trouble in GE 3 and 4. Well FoE announced yesterday GE 4 is going to get harder. I barely make lv 3 and negotiate in 4 to finish it. Now, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.
I'm not at all surprised FoE is making the daily harder. The game over all is getting harder.
Shore up those troops and goods everyone. You'll need them.

Everything is getting harder. For 2 months now I've been having trouble in GE 3 and 4. Well FoE announced yesterday GE 4 is going to get harder. I barely make lv 3 and negotiate in 4 to finish it. Now, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.
I'm not at all surprised FoE is making the daily harder. The game over all is getting harder.
How long have you been playing? What era are you? What GBs (and levels) do you have?

GE 3 and 4 are fairly easy to fight if you are set up right

Mandelynn

Corporal
For a while, really not sure. I have 8 worlds. Probably at least 3 years but some only in progressive by choice. Been concentrating non leveling up my Traz and CoA, CdM. Got plenty of Rogues. it gets me though to lv 3 GE and 4 encounters of GE4 but after that, I need to negotiate.
FoE has been harder in both lv 3 and 4 for the last few months but I thought it was just me and my imagination thinking its harder but nope, they announced yesterday GE 4 will get even harder since their will be new prizes to win. :(
GBs, I have exactly what I need. Everything Zues to the Arc. One I wish I didn't have and that Inno. All leveled beyond 10. most up to 19? Maybe more not sure at this point but I don't do manual fighting. Just auto since I need get through GE faster to jump to the next world.

I have been saying it for a quite some time now - ALL game parametrics are changing - battle boosts half of what I have now did better than my huge battle boost now - Why do you think they are increasing the spec on various bldgs.? Because they hav been quietly increasing the difficulty levels of EVERYTHING!

The fact that they published one aspect - the increased difficulty in GE4 - is a mere pittens of what has been going on for months

For a while, really not sure. I have 8 worlds. Probably at least 3 years but some only in progressive by choice. Been concentrating non leveling up my Traz and CoA, CdM. Got plenty of Rogues. it gets me though to lv 3 GE and 4 encounters of GE4 but after that, I need to negotiate.
FoE has been harder in both lv 3 and 4 for the last few months but I thought it was just me and my imagination thinking its harder but nope, they announced yesterday GE 4 will get even harder since their will be new prizes to win. :(
GBs, I have exactly what I need. Everything Zues to the Arc. One I wish I didn't have and that Inno. All leveled beyond 10. most up to 19? Maybe more not sure at this point but I don't do manual fighting. Just auto since I need get through GE faster to jump to the next world.
Level 19 GBs should be enough for auto on GE 4 if you're in Iron age, maybe ema. Anything higher and that's not nearly enough

In my cities I have:
Iron - Zeus 35, CoA 12, CdM 12 (auto GE3)

EMA - Zeus 39, CdM 40, CoA 13, TA 9 (overkill for auto GE4)

SAAB - Zeus 79, TA 49, CoA 75, CdM 77 (auto GE4)

Plus various events buildings etc

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
GE4 eats diamonds and goods if you cant face 2 wave fights if its made even harder then more diamonds and with negotiations does it start with a 'right' answer or keep you going until you have to pay for extra turns....maybe i am suspicious but we have no proof we didnt really get the correct combination first time lol. When the'correct' answer has 3 goods the same it makes you wonder. At least with manual fights you get some transparency.

DeletedUser

Don't use Dias and don't waste Goods on Negs, simple. Yeah, I do get it there have been adjustments made without notification and that's somewhat unethical. If we as Players, do not like anything within or caused by these adjustments, we are not required to conform or engage. Do 3 Levels not 4, miss DCs which you don't like or which don't suit your playstyle; missing things out rather than paying to complete makes more sense to me. Take a day {or an Event} off and just chill and if you need to, have a laugh at the punters/suckers who stretch and strain before reaching for their wallets. I abhor Negs so only do so in Events I wish to complete, my Goods are far too valuable to be wasted on such nonsense and, as STG said: we have no proof we didn't get it right first time...

If you have noticed some of my other comments - this has been happening for quite a while now.

It's Impossible that they would offer soooo many battle boost buildings & upgrades Without altering the Game Parametrics - It's the Age Old Tactic of Bait - Haul in the Loot - and then - Switch (Rebalance as any shylock would say).

suethegreat

Captain
Since posting most Daily challenges have now been just 3 or so...but doesnt take much of a mathematician to work out paying 5k supplies, 25 x 5 min productions and fight a 'medium' 2 wave army in IA does not equal a 6k coin reward (only prize option) At least with a prize % choice it 'could' be worth it. If in lower ages the dailies become too expensive in time and units/goods and get skipped the downward spiral of disinterest commences. It wouldnt hurt to give an incentive to these ages and give out the rewards that then require building space and diamond space..........but wait......:)