• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily quests are impossible

• Thread starter DeletedUser116245
  • Start date

DeletedUser118223

In forum hides the content of the ignored players posts as if it were in a spoiler tag. I assume it'd also prevent PMs but I haven't tested that function in regards to ignore
Thanks - it was actually somewhat tongue in cheek. 8-)

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hi. For the level that I am at (low) the daily quests are impossible to do. They always seem to include fighting large army’s but I haven't built up that area as it doesn’t interest me. I prefer developing the the goods areas and negotiating. Can the quests be more tailored for what I am more focused on or does everyone get the same 2 choices each day?

The path you currently have chosen, not including partly fighting, is the most expensive and requires you to run a really well oiled city.
At much higher Eras negotiation and not to mention goods payment on the continent expansion map will put a quite large pressure on your Goods production rutines. Add to it GE weekly and you need to produce a lot of additonal Goods that eventually at least in some parts of the game will set you back somewhat, because your goods stockpiles are supposed to be used for Teching as well.

The game can be played like that but it is not optimal – And you do not need to become a hardcore Fighting machine – all it takes is a few GBs like Zeus and Alcatraz + a few Roque hidouts and you can save a lot of goods and negotiate only what you can not fight in Autoplay.

You can still focus on goods production but avoiding all fighting is not recommended – Usually it is just a small mental block and/or the idea that FoE is pure city builder which it certainly is not. There are videos on the Tube on how to do it and also info here on the forums.
The fighting is really not that challenging on entry level and in fact once learned the same system continues throughout the game.
In E.g GE, having two of the best units for the current Era (perhaps ask the best fighter in your guild) +6 Roques on autoplay will get you a long way before you have to negotiate.

You Are not the first player that have deselected the fighting part of the game only later to arrive somewhere in mid Era realizing that I better start doing some fighting because this Era is darn expensive in goods – the time used to avoid small fighting parts like quests are all better done early on than much later.

Also if you are otherwise dedicated to the game arriving in Arctic Future will make you eyes roll when realizing that getting the special goods Promethium and later Orichalcum (Oceanic Future) will cost an immense amount of standard Goods.

Find a few tuts on how to to the basic fighting and give it try - you will be glad you did it later on.

This is perhaps a bit off topic, but in regard to the Dayli Challanges you have already gotten answers.

Agent327

Overlord