• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily quests are impossible

• Thread starter DeletedUser116245
  • Start date

DeletedUser116245

Hi. For the level that I am at (low) the daily quests are impossible to do. They always seem to include fighting large army’s but I haven't built up that area as it doesn’t interest me. I prefer developing the the goods areas and negotiating. Can the quests be more tailored for what I am more focused on or does everyone get the same 2 choices each day?

The daily quests are based on era and everyone in an era has the same quest set, two of which are randomly chosen each day for each player.

They are supposed to be challenging and not everyone will be able to do each one.

Personally I hate the negotiation or production ones

DeletedUser96901

I can't do 24 times 4hours production with my current city layout
for that reason I failed yesterday

so yes: please adjust the conditions for players who can't do it

no attack boost --> no difficult battles
no production buildings --> no production quests
and so on

Ceban

Brigadier-General
that is insanity, i also dont do any quests wich involve production longer than 15 minutes but i wait tommorow unless reward isnt really tempting, then i mess up my city cycle and use farms for production... again more players wich want to do all and fast and easy, then why even bother with quests, why developers wouldnt make you get one reward for free each day, why even do quests??? 30 minutes ago guy is crying why himeji dont drop 200 FPs 3x per week and he have himeji on level 16, now this one want to get reward without effort, why you then dont buy 100k diamonds and you will buy everything you need and there is no need to bother with quests, that would be best option for you.

My outlook on this is simple and stress free. If I can't do it then I don't. If I can do it but don't wanna then I don't. If I wanna do it then I do it. If I forget to do it then I don't really care as I must have had better things to do than play video games. What I don't do is loose sleep over this kinda thing.
Stop being sensible please, this is the FoE forum after all :rolleyes:

Emberguard

Legend
CV... what’s CV? Cultural Village???
*CursedVeggie replies*
Ah. CV.

The Daily Challenges are randomly chosen each time. We as players can either view them as impossible, or we can use them as a measure of what in our city needs working on.

The challenges are based on your age. So if you can’t beat it now it’ll be harder if you age up prior to building up your city.

Tip: get a couple rogue hideouts from an event when you can. They make a giant difference in how far your troops can stretch in battle

Agent327

Overlord
Hi. For the level that I am at (low) the daily quests are impossible to do. They always seem to include fighting large army’s but I haven't built up that area as it doesn’t interest me. I prefer developing the the goods areas and negotiating. Can the quests be more tailored for what I am more focused on or does everyone get the same 2 choices each day?

That does not makes the daily quests impossible. It makes your playstyle impossible and forces you to skip some. Your choice. No reason for a change.

DeletedUser113125

Hard battles need rogues unless you have a very high attack boost. You will pick up troops of your age from GE so it is just trying to get those rogue hideouts as @Emberguard says. You used to lose a point towards the challengers chest if you didn’t do a DQ. Not doing one now just means you don’t get that reward. I’m glad they take some effort.

DeletedUser118223

I'm questioning the "moderate negotiation". I have three chances. But to even try one chance I have to pay diamonds? I don't get any free guesses? There was another one in the events quest and I did get free guesses until I was asked to pay diamonds which makes more sense to me. I think it's pretty extreme to not even have a chance at playing for free.

I'm questioning the "moderate negotiation". I have three chances. But to even try one chance I have to pay diamonds? I don't get any free guesses? There was another one in the events quest and I did get free guesses until I was asked to pay diamonds which makes more sense to me. I think it's pretty extreme to not even have a chance at playing for free.
The only reason you will need to pay diamonds is if you don't have enough goods to negotiate a turn with. An extra 4th round will cost you 10 diamonds

20190915_081423.jpg

As you can see in the above example I do not have enough lumber so would have to "buy" the needed goods with diamonds if I wanted to negotiate

Emberguard

Legend
@Xibor adding onto what CursedVeggie said if you don't have the resources then it's 5 diamonds per unrefined good (goods upto and including Progressive Era) and 10 diamonds per refined good (modern and above). It's only for the missing resources.

Daily Challenges are only there as a extra on the side. Aside from the current event using DC's to provide extra currency usually there's no penalty or negative side effect in not completing them. If your city isn't built up sufficiently enough to be able to consistently afford DC then I'd hold off on any DC that requires Negotiations until after you've built up your city a bit more. It shouldn't take long providing you've got multiple goods buildings or event buildings but DC is much easier after you've got a foundation laid

Ceban

Brigadier-General
again, if you arent capable to resolve moderate negotiations from 3 times maybe problem is in you and not in quest... you tought about that? and if you are talking about negotiating with goods wich arent yours then how is that your negotiating???

Agent327

Overlord
The daily quests are based on era and everyone in an era has the same quest set, two of which are randomly chosen each day for each player.
They are supposed to be challenging and not everyone will be able to do each one.

Is that why they are called Daily Challenges and not Daily Quests? :P

How about you get to know the game first before you come up with these complaints? As a hotshot gamer you make more mistakes than the first noob. If you pay attention you might notice you do not have the goods required. That's why you are offered to buy them with diamonds if you want to. If you have the goods, you ALWAYS have 3 free chances. If you do not have the goods and want to participate you need to start producing goods! "Moderate" refers to the number of goods you have to pick from. It has nothing to do with the use of diamonds!!!