• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Quest

DeletedUser116516

The wording of a Daily Quest is wrong. Donate a number of goods to the guild treasury from your age or the age below. If you are in the Iron Age, you can only donate goods from that age, but the quest states or the age below, which means you can donate from the Bronze Age, but you can't.
Either the Age Below should be removed to avoid confusion for the Iron Age people or have this Quest start in Early Middle Age.

DeletedUser96901

as nitpicker I say: the quest doesn't say you can donate bronze age goods
only that you should do it

what if I should negotiate a sector on world map. and only sectors which cost promethium are available
and I can't produce that yet because not having researched that technology

then I also can't do it

DeletedUser99588

as nitpicker I say: the quest doesn't say you can donate bronze age goods
only that you should do it

what if I should negotiate a sector on world map. and only sectors which cost promethium are available
and I can't produce that yet because not having researched that technology

then I also can't do it

Come on Test your better than that and know the OP is right that it isn't correct to state you can use previous goods when those goods are Bronze age ones and can't be used. This is something that effects new players to the game and as such should be corrected. Jeez it would take 30 secs to do it. Have you got agent fever?

joesoap

Major-General
the 1st time iron age players get a donate quest they will learn that they cant donate earlier goods so its not really a huge deal

Emberguard

Legend
the OP is right that it isn't correct to state you can use previous goods when those goods are Bronze age ones and can't be used.
To be fair, it doesn’t state you can currently complete it. Just that once you can it’ll fulfill the requirements. A lot of games will show several tasks with some of them completable immediately and others needing to acquire things or advance sufficiently in some area before that task can even be started.

For Bronze players one could potentially ask for the unfulfillable quest to be greyed out and if clicked / hovered on a message shown stating they need to be in Iron Age before that can be accessible.

For Iron Age the main reason it shows both options and not just “current age” is it’s easier to use one template with minor tweaks then to re-code for every age. Could that template be altered? I dare say it could. Is it worth the time and effort? I guess that depends on who you ask. It does seem to be a minor thing to me, but obviously it means something to other players or else this thread wouldn’t exist.

I do wonder though
(1) how many players are actually confused by this?
(2) does it help players learn the game when they come across this quest more then it would if the wording were changed?
(3) does it turn anyone away from the game that would have stayed? Or were they always going to quit early on regardless?

DeletedUser96901

Come on Test your better than that and know the OP is right that it isn't correct to state you can use previous goods when those goods are Bronze age ones and can't be used.
I know that the DC is correct and changing it would be a huge mistake

reason is very simply
an iron player gets the task to donate from his age (and not previous one)
and then he forgets the DC for a few hours and advanced to the early middle age
and now he has still the task to "donate from his age and only from that"

so please be honest. what is worse:
an iron age player who can't donate bronze age goods (because that is not possible) or
a player that advanced to early middle age and can't donate iron age goods (because that is not asked in the DC) and for that reason fails in DC (after simply making a little mistake of not donating goods earlier)

For Iron Age the main reason it shows both options and not just “current age” is it’s easier to use one template with minor tweaks then to re-code for every age.
I don't care about the work to decide if something should be changed ;)

or is correct like this and actually even better for the players
because the change could lead to problems for a few (not many) players who advanced to EMA at that day
but the change wouldn't bring any advantage to even one player

or have this Quest start in Early Middle Age
great idea
let's start DC in EMA and not in iron age anymore :lol:

but who really wants no more DC in iron age ?

Come on Test your better than that and know the OP is right
so: come on thanatos100 your better than that and know I am right

even if hurts to admit that :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
To be fair, it doesn’t state you can currently complete it. Just that once you can it’ll fulfill the requirements. A lot of games will show several tasks with some of them completable immediately and others needing to acquire things or advance sufficiently in some area before that task can even be started.

For Bronze players one could potentially ask for the unfulfillable quest to be greyed out and if clicked / hovered on a message shown stating they need to be in Iron Age before that can be accessible.

For Iron Age the main reason it shows both options and not just “current age” is it’s easier to use one template with minor tweaks then to re-code for every age. Could that template be altered? I dare say it could. Is it worth the time and effort? I guess that depends on who you ask. It does seem to be a minor thing to me, but obviously it means something to other players or else this thread wouldn’t exist.

I do wonder though
(1) how many players are actually confused by this?
(2) does it help players learn the game when they come across this quest more then it would if the wording were changed?
(3) does it turn anyone away from the game that would have stayed? Or were they always going to quit early on regardless?

It's bothering me a lot...i cant sleep because of this :P please help

Emberguard

Legend
great idea
let's start DC in EMA and not in iron age anymore :lol:

but who really wants no more DC in iron age ?
it’d have to delay events until EMA too as it’s the same quest. Otherwise there’d be no point in using that as a reason to move when DC is unlocked.

DeletedUser96901

it’d have to delay events until EMA too as it’s the same quest. Otherwise there’d be no point in using that as a reason to move when DC is unlocked.
events start in bronze age
or did that change ?

what are players doing there when they should donate from their era or the era below ?

maybe the answer surprises: there is no such quest
it is simply donate goods to treasury so bronze age players must donate iron age goods :P

so to your point
NO IT IS NOT THE SAME QUEST

Emberguard

Legend
Only in the 2 events prior to the current one have they started using “donate x goods current age” to the exclusion of “current age or below” (assuming my skimming of quests hasn’t missed anything).

If the trend continues you have a point. But that assumes they intend to never bring back the current age or below to events. If they are going to use it again then moving it to EMA would apply even more so for events then DC due to it being unlocked very early in Bronze Age.

Agent327

Overlord
Come on Test your better than that and know the OP is right that it isn't correct to state you can use previous goods when those goods are Bronze age ones and can't be used. This is something that effects new players to the game and as such should be corrected. Jeez it would take 30 secs to do it. Have you got agent fever?

It does not take 30 seconds. It is a fixed message for all era's. It means they have to make one exception and that is something you do not do in 30 seconds.

DeletedUser96901

I bet thanatos100 would simply have done
if players.age = iron age then show different text else original text

not considering the fact that this is wrong because with that the task of the DC would change if a player advances to EMA

It does not take 30 seconds. It is a fixed message for all era's. It means they have to make one exception and that is something you do not do in 30 seconds.
how long do you need for one "if .. then .. else" ;)

the problem is not that one exception
but the fact that during the DC the exception could be void but the task must still be the same and is not allowed to change during the DC

DeletedUser99588

My oh my so many replies from Test.

Some see problems others look for solutions. If you were really lazy then you'd you just add a caveat to the existing quest stating 'bronze age goods not applicable' or something to that effect. Even I could type that in 30 seconds.

Should be enough to highlight to new players who may not be familiar with the guild treasury not to waste their time trying to produce BA goods to complete quest.

DeletedUser111359

Maybe just don't obsess so much over something so minor as to be practically irrelevant...