• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Daily Login Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6936

Proposal:
A Daily Login Bonus to encourage gameplay.

Reason:
The current Daily Bonus (clicking on the Town Hall) yields 500 coins, which after the Bronze Age has little to no affect. This means that some players can go days without logging in (as the incentive is so small) to the point when they will eventually think to themselves “Why even bother, it’s been so long, I’ve barely progressed, I’ll just stop playing all together”.

Details:
I’ve considered several existing games which make use of a daily bonus mechanic, each has it’s advantages, so it’s best if I list them all, and let the community/managers mix & match what they see fit’s better with the current game’s world.

1 In this example the amount of coins increases by a predetermined number over the course of a predetermined amount of days. E.g. On the 3rd day of consecutive login the user collects 1500 coins, the following day (4th) the amount is reset. So the bonus increases for 3 consecutive days. Skipping a day (~24 hours or 1 calendaristic day) the increase is automatically reset to the first day.

table1.png

2 In this example, there is a % of bonus gain from the houses themselves. So for every consecutive day of login, a Stilt House (+13/15min) will become (+14/15min), and this increase can go on for a determined period of time, after which either the % bonus stays or drops back to the original. Importance should be placed on the successor 'upgrade' (Roof Tile House pays 18/15min) so the bonus from the Stilt House shouldn’t surpass it's predecessor (and like so for every housing).

table2.png

3 Random gift after x amount of consecutive login days.

table3.png

4 Maybe the bonus could simply increase by the Age:

table4.png

5 The daily bonus could be equivalent to the number of houses. More houses = more tax collection = higher daily bonus.
For example: number of houses x 50 coins = daily bonus

Balance:
None, as long as the extra bonus is a small incentive to visit the game more frequently and isn't a means of progression on it's own.

Abuse Prevention:
None, as it follows the same principal of the current +500 coins daily bonus.

Summary:
1. Is inspired by "Story" games such as Backery Story, Restaurant Story, etc.
2. Is inspired by GranTurismo 5.
3. Is inspired by The Sims Tapped Out.

For number 3, there could be a list of bonuses that can either be obtained randomly or in an order (depending on the value a good brings).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey LordOfShadows,

Although your idea seems very well thought out and you've put some time in it, it is already announced that devs are working on the daily bonus the Town Hall gives.
I'm not sure which games you know that give a daily bonus, but I know some very big MMORPG's that do not give a free daily bonus.
The incentive to play should be the game and the gameplay, not the bonus.

Noting that, there is incentive to play this game;
- You have resource cycles that you need to collect.
- If you don't collect your resources, they'll get plundered or spoiled.
- Gather points for the weekly Battle Tournament. If you don't log in for several days you may lose your rank and can't catch up due to limited number of attacks/day.

- L

DeletedUser4401

Hi LordOfShadows

Some good idea's and definitely an incentive for newer players to log in more often, until they get the hang of the fundamentals of the game.
That being said any incentive or bonus scheme that gains coins / health points in some game formats is enticing, however i don't think it would work with this game.

I think it's more challenging to plan and strategize your game play to have enough houses and buildings producing gold and goods at a rate that best suits you.
Obviously a daily bonus or log-on bonus would have to be limited per player to a maximum number of log-in's in any 24 hrs as it would be abused by people logging in and out for fun, therefor i don't think it would be considered.

Best Regards
MAL1701

DeletedUser

LordOfShadows,

I believe similar has been proposed (possibly even several times) before but never really received that much favour by the community. Unfortunately... Cause I love it! :)

I'll +1 just about anything that gets players (and especially guild members) to favour this game more and actually want to stay and progress on a continual basis. I've seen just too many quit after they've reached about 6k-8k points because, well, I assume they just got bored (as I monitor point allocations within my guild, I watched their activity ever slowly decline before having to deem them inactive). :(

Regarding games and offering daily bonuses, I can hardly recall having played any that don't give you any. Something that I've very much liked in some of those 'other' games though, was that there were 'mini-games' that you could play to achieve some rewards (equal to various amounts of coins / supplies or even the one very small amount of goods [Ex.: 5-10 pieces]). You might ask yourself here, what does this have to do with 'daily bonuses/rewards'? Well, you could receive one token per day to play these mini-games for free. If you'd want to play again, you'd have to pay diamonds (or maybe goods?).

Point is, players wouldn't get bored too easily and it might even be an alternative for those who don't like battling. The free 'token' a player receives upon login only once every day would allow new players to take a sneak peak into these 'mini-games'.

'Mini-games' could include:
- Horse Racing (bet on a horse and see if it'll win)
- Archery/Jousting Tournament (send out some short ranged/cavalry units [the more units you send the higher your chance to win] for 16 hrs and see if they win)
- Festival (Choose the age and compete against your neighbours and try and make as many supplies as you can within 12 hrs)

Just some ideas... :)

~Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

Sorry I had to remove your visual aids. Please dont post images from other games here. Mostly its due to copyright infringement issues that could crop up than anything else.

DeletedUser4800

Hey LordOfShadows,

Although your idea seems very well thought out and you've put some time in it, it is already announced that devs are working on the daily bonus the Town Hall gives.
I'm not sure which games you know that give a daily bonus, but I know some very big MMORPG's that do not give a free daily bonus.
The incentive to play should be the game and the gameplay, not the bonus.

Noting that, there is incentive to play this game;
- You have resource cycles that you need to collect.
- If you don't collect your resources, they'll get plundered or spoiled.
- Gather points for the weekly Battle Tournament. If you don't log in for several days you may lose your rank and can't catch up due to limited number of attacks/day.

- L

This is not an RPG game. Its not even massive, its just MO, multiplayer online game.

DeletedUser17

I really like the idea LordofShadows. Thank you for your contribution. It will be passed on. We too had some plan in this department. Thanks

DeletedUser2989

This has been implemented in two forms:
Point 4 directly implemented some time ago. The new Treasure Hunt feature is somewhat along the same idea instead of daily log in's it encourages multiple log in's a day with rewards resetting if you miss the right time (somewhat along the lines of the first point).

Status
Not open for further replies.