• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily challenges

Shad23

Emperor
if you'r at point where they ask diamonds abort nego restart til you get it right don't buy diamonds,
necro is a very old thread, to necro a thread is act of reviving an old thread , not everyone minds if you necro threads only a few forum members don't like it

Lostchild65

Private
No. As you have to buy diamonds to negotiate, that’s really annoying and spoils the game for me. Now I got to wait 24 hours for next DC
They should be more honest in the description for this quest because the quest isn't that "complex" but rather very "expensive".

Emberguard

Legend
They should be more honest in the description for this quest because the quest isn't that "complex" but rather very "expensive".
They tell you before you start the negotiation how much of everything you have and what you can expect to need. It's then upto the player to use strategy to approach the negotiation.

For example:
1601204133297.png

Numbers on the left is the cost per turn. Numbers on the right is the amount in inventory. You have 5 different slots and you cannot repeat a resource in any slot. So the maximum you would spend per negotiation is Cost x 5

If the amount in inventory is less than (Cost per turn x 5) then you know you shouldn't be attempting that negotiation unless you're prepared to lose all resources spent.

Does anyone actually accept and attempt these quests that ask you to complete a "very complex negotiation"?

Yes, of course, and I don't use diamonds -- I abort ("give up") on the negotiation and try again if needed.
There was a time I would just ignore All Negotiation Quests simply because of a lack goods resources. If you attempt doing them, you need to have ample goods to complete them - even if you need to keep trying.

You realize that is a contradiction in terms right? It's expensive (whether you use goods and/or diamonds) because it's complex. The fact that you have to choose from 9/10 different items to achieve the solution in 4 tries is difficult, hence, the term ► Complex ☺

Many of us do these "complex" negotiations whenever it's advantageous to us.

Emberguard

Legend
There was a time I would just ignore All Negotiation Quests simply because of a lack goods resources. If you attempt doing them, you need to have ample goods to complete them - even if you need to keep trying.
Yeah, negotiations are one of those things where they're quite easy to keep up with if you have a lot of goods buildings or event buildings but initially a player may need to hold off doing negotiations and just build up the city in general (or pick and choose on which negotiations they attempt).