• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser106696

no it is
you don't deserve the 25 years working award in your job for working 1 year there

:rolleyes:

the highest graveyard was 6 years long that award:
well done you have it because you play so long

now you guys want to convert that high status to nothing
hey everyone can get it in a few month

Sorry, but you really remind me of those yuppies in the eighties who got very grumpy when mobile phones suddenly got cheap and everybody could have one.

Why are you so desperate for those status symbols? Surely YOU know what you have achieved in the game, and that isn't diminished by what other folks do. I tend to be very happy about those who part with their hard-earned and buy all those things that I tend to get at a much slower rate... anybody buying umpteen upgrades keeps me playing for free - what's not to like 8-)

DeletedUser110180

Why does the daily challenge seem to pay out the lowest prize more often than anything else....

DeletedUser112797

I agree with all of you. I have been passing on doing the challenges the last few times as the stuff being offered was essentially useless to me. I also found out that even if you don't choose to do the challenge the -1 is invoked. That sure sucks when nothing is shown worth trying for. You shouldn't be penalized for not playing....only for not completing. So I don't ever see me completing to the so-called grand prize for doing 7. It probably works for those just starting in the game and not having anything of worth in their inventory but when you are farther along in the game(I'm ready to enter Arctic Future) something has to really jump out at you for you to play their game. Offer something of worth for those near or at the end of the eras!!
when your early in the game you don't have much thats needed to complete the daily quests so not much gain

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
when your early in the game you don't have much thats needed to complete the daily quests so not much gain
completely false...
The donate goods quest *can* potentially be a headache, but a week or two of focusing on pure boosted goods production as soon as you move into Iron Age and you're good. (ie: put up as many goods factories as your population allows!)
By EMA, it's not hard to get yourself a Chateaux GB and abuse the recurring quest system to make even more goods! All you need is a good guild.

For the friend's tavern quests, just send out a constant stream of friend requests. Eventually, between the 80 invites you can send + incoming invites, you can amass a total of 141 friends.
Just prune your list every now and then of the inactives & they'll eventually get replaced by new friendship offers.

Blacksmiths can be abused to no end to finish off any of the 'finish X production' quests.

The only really awful quests in Iron Age play are the 'defeat X enemies/win X battles' quests, due to neighbourhood fighting now being locked behind the Military Tactics tech. >.<

Otherwise... DON'T KEEP ANY OPEN PROVINCES AND YOU'LL NEVER GET THE "GAIN X SECTORS" QUESTS!!
And during events, when it's likely you *will* have an open province or two, just ignore any DC's that demand gaining sectors...

DeletedUser106369

I have to donate 291,000 coins in both DC and Spring Event Quest 37. I was expecting both to complete but when I donated for DC the Event Quest did not complete. In most others eg. Tavern Boosts, collect coins and supplies, donate FP's etc they count for both DC and Event Quests. So why does this one not count for both? I am not sure if this is a bug or not.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I have to donate 291,000 coins in both DC and Spring Event Quest 37. I was expecting both to complete but when I donated for DC the Event Quest did not complete. In most others eg. Tavern Boosts, collect coins and supplies, donate FP's etc they count for both DC and Event Quests. So why does this one not count for both? I am not sure if this is a bug or not.
You must donate each individually now, due how the quest window now contain a little coin/tool bag icon depending on what is being asked for! (gee, thanks for the double taxing Inno - NOT!)

The only time you can complete both at the same time, is when/if you get lucky with "collect X coins/supplies" quests, or say "complete X production Y times" type quests. :P

DeletedUser96901

do you expect that it is finished when you use 291.000 for placing some buildings ?

if the answer is no: why not ?
you expect that DC finishes Event
so why not building something finish both ?

gee, thanks for the double taxing Inno -
it is not double taxing

if you buy in two different shop you also pay twice
you don't expect that paying in the first shop would automatically counts as payment in the second

The only time you can complete both at the same time, is when/if you get lucky with "collect X coins/supplies" quests, or say "complete X production Y times" type quests. :P
that is like:
your mom says: bring the trash out
and your dad says: bring the trash out
there you only need to do it once

btw: can you do that in the quest directly ?
nope. but pay is directly part of the quest and not done outside

BTW:
it is not DONATE, it is PAY

chaucer11

Private
The daily challenges are apparently meant to compensate for the Treasure Hunt which is being discontinued; in reality they do not. The fact is that some of the Daily Challenges are out of context/or impossible in relation to ones progress in the game and therefore making them (and the game) futile. The whole point of a daily challenge is to make it (sometimes) difficult to attain, NOT impossible. If it's impossible it's not a challenge.

Agent327

Overlord
The daily challenges are apparently meant to compensate for the Treasure Hunt which is being discontinued; in reality they do not. The fact is that some of the Daily Challenges are out of context/or impossible in relation to ones progress in the game and therefore making them (and the game) futile. The whole point of a daily challenge is to make it (sometimes) difficult to attain, NOT impossible. If it's impossible it's not a challenge.

They are not meant to compensate for the Treassure Hunt. They are meant to replace it. If they are impossible for you because of your progress in the game, you have made some wrong decissions.

DeletedUser

There are no impossible challenges. Most of them are extremely easy, though sometimes repetitive and boring, but with a very basic knowledge of how challenges work and a healthy pruning of inactive friends, you shouldn't have any problems.

DeletedUser112745

There are no impossible challenges. Most of them are extremely easy, though sometimes repetitive and boring, but with a very basic knowledge of how challenges work and a healthy pruning of inactive friends, you shouldn't have any problems.
What this guy said.

Mission to gain happiness? Just replace your roads with roads from the age below, then replace them again with roads from your age.
Mission to train troops? Just do GE.
Mission to gather coins? Well, gather coins, aid neighbours, build useless inventory stuff and then sell them.
Mission to gather goods? Just trade down on the market.
Keep getting missions to acquire sectors? Don’t have any scouted sectors on your map.

What missions are people finding “impossible” exactly?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
What this guy said.

Mission to gain happiness? Just replace your roads with roads from the age below, then replace them again with roads from your age.
Mission to train troops? Just do GE.
Mission to gather coins? Well, gather coins, aid neighbours, build useless inventory stuff and then sell them.
Mission to gather goods? Just trade down on the market.
Keep getting missions to acquire sectors? Don’t have any scouted sectors on your map.

Anything that's more than "click this button to gain 1,000,000,000 diamonds + Lv200 of all GB's + 'insert other ridiculous whine here'" type quests? :P

Sure, 3500 tavern silver is a ***** of a quest, and ANY of the fighting quests are headache-inducing until EMA, but otherwise nothing is remotely 'challenging'...
And hey, it seems like Inno have cut back on the repetitive production quests from the initial Beta release, as I've never seen/heard anyone having to do 90-100x 5min productions since DC's went live?! ;)

dimondus

Captain
When they ask to win 4 or 7 fights without losing and you are high enough in GE to do that.
Definitely possible but I'd rather skip that one when in that conditions. Luckily without "-1" it will be no problem.

DeletedUser112745

When they ask to win 4 or 7 fights without losing and you are high enough in GE to do that.
Definitely possible but I'd rather skip that one when in that conditions. Luckily without "-1" it will be no problem.
Memorise which of your neighbours only have 2 spears (or similar) on defence, lol. Usually the low score, no GB, or guild-less neighbours.

DeletedUser111561

I don't have a problem with how challenging tasks are, they are mostly fairly easily done. I have a problem with how next to impossible is to get things as a reward that you might actually want. I was not playing this game when maharaja event was on, so I was quite thrilled when DC was announced, especially for the opportunity to receive parts of old sets. It's been 6 months now and I got 3 parts of maharaja set, playing DC every day, which means every time there was a chance to get them. By those odds average chance to get a full set from DC is like 1 year. For 1 set. Which is extremely poor and discouraging. And no, I am NOT saying things should be just handed over and very easy, I am just saying that those odds could be encouraging only when hell freezes and even than not really...Some will say by playing DC every day one receives a lot of other stuff as well...true, but most of them are quite useless and even those that are not can be obtained in other ways, unlike old sets parts. Therefor, what I suggest is that while daily rewards could stay more or less as they are now, weekly reward should be designed in a same way as final reward in GE, with two options, both valuable prizes. One of which should always be part of one of old set, and the other one like SSW or TF....