• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser108047

So far it looks good. Enough of a challenge to make you re-arrange daily play but not so hard it is either boring or impossible. One small glitch - eager to have a go was watching the timer count-down on the Challenges tab... it reached 0 and wouldn't refresh or start the challenges. Eventually had to log off, reboot and log back in

DeletedUser

I managed the first 2 DCs and then went AFK as Ill, for a couple of days so lost what I'd made via the -1 rule. not too pleased but nothing to be done. None of the subsequent DCs suited my play/posit at the time so again, not pleased. Obviously the terms and requirements of DCs are not to everyone's taste or capabilities. I'm tempted to give them a miss altogether as their nature is not revealed until accepted. Prizes are acceptable but not the penalty. I'd venture the thought that this methodology was not well thought out but know full well that Developers are not interested in my twopennorth. Comme ci, comme ca.

DeletedUser111589

@Lugh Longarm

Failure now is acceptable as you go down to 5/7 instead of 0/7 if you had 6 consecutive completions. (Numbers 5 & 6 were just an example)

DeletedUser110179

If you want to skip a day but do not want your Challenge Bar to decrease, go to the time settings
(a cogwheels button near the timer) and set your new starting time +/- 1 hour from your previous one.

Your new challenge will start in a day + the time left before your new chosen time!

Much prefer fillet mignon myself.
Much better !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah, good. Thanks for head's up on that. Was this already available or a new amendment? I had not read of this in any previous post.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Some of these challenges are utterly stupid and meant for only new players to achieve. Those of us veterans who actually PLAY the game don't have spare room to build a bunch of production or population buildings...And what is with the donation challenges? Are you purposely trying to get people to quit the game out of frustration with all the new activities you've added to the game that quickly becomes a must-do. This used to be a very relaxed game, you could play 5 minutes a day and be considered 'active'. More stuff to do does not mean more people will play.

DeletedUser111359

The daily challenges are fine enough. I'll probably never be able to commit to them enough to hope to get the 7 in row bonus tho. The odds of getting 7 w/o getting a "fight on GE" quest seem to be too low to count on.

It's too bad there's something like that in there, since I know I'm not the only player that completely avoids combat.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
That is 3 collections. Hardly possible for majority with 80 friends (the numbers add up but player activity/log in time/tavern checks don't)
Same as with my challenge today. Trying to gain 46 tavern visits and am nearly finished the 24hr time(2 hrs shy) and only have 26. Have 80 friends and lots of guild members and as rule they do normal visits but as was said...numbers add up but player activity/log in time/tavern checks don't... No problems with rest of challenge...putting in 24 FP and winning 4 consecutive battles so have to lose another challenge. It becomes one step foreward and then one back again. The activity of your friends, guild members and even the hood is a whole lot better in major events but certainly will fail in a lot of instances in these daily challenges. In the end a larger group will just say they won't do the challenges any more and just get on with their daily activities in their city.

DeletedUser111866

Trying to gain 46 tavern visits and am nearly finished the 24hr time(2 hrs shy) and only have 26
This is a reason for you to review your friends list, and dump those that stopped playing. I too have troubles getting 45 taverns, however normally manage to accomplish that much, because I review my friends list often enough.

DeletedUser111948

Ok, I need a clarification about the (-1) thing - does it apply if you do not pick a chest? For example you are away for the day and did not touch FoE at all, will you still get the (-1) penalty?

DeletedUser96901

it gives a -1

and not doing it is less than trying to do and failing

so why should you don't get a -1 ?

DeletedUser111589

@Zanzi the just 55 you should get rid of some players on your friendlist and get new ones. I don't have any problems with making a tavern round (sounds like a drunkard) as I manage to visit around 50 of 80 (the rest end up being full before I reach them). However, getting 3000 silver is nigh impossible for person with low number of friends.

DeletedUser111948

it gives a -1

and not doing it is less than trying to do and failing

so why should you don't get a -1 ?

Because normally that is a thing with challenges - you have to ACCEPT the challenge for it to count. If participation is obligatory it is not a "daily challenge" it's a "daily hassle".
People have lives, and as a result that may not BE in game for a day or two - why should someone be penalized for going to a romantic getaway for weekend or spending a day with their kids and forgetting about a browser game?
Even the worst Korean MMO offenders understand that - actively punishing people for not logging in by reducing their progress is the fastest way to make them quit your game altogether.
If they indeed give you a (-1) penalty for not dong their 55 5min production "challenge" 7 days in a row it is ridiculous. If I wanted to "no life" a game I'd do it with a proper MMO at least, not a browser game that is "supposed" to be "casual friendly"...